Tommy Doyle or John Fleck in midfield?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Doyle all day. Sadly Flecky has been sub standard for quite some time now.

Doyle is exactly what Fleck needs. The latter has been below his standards for a long time now and/because he knew he was getting picked every week.

Getting a talented young kid in is a great motivator to buck your ideas up and push yourself. Great to have them both.

Doyle for me. Fleck is discipined in where he is on the pitch but we need Doyle's fitness and mobility and his willingness to have a shot at goal. We need a midfielder who will run at players rather than just shuffle the ball sideways. Doyle has not scored yet he is not fightened to have a go and we are crying out for someone to hit the target from range on a regular basis. Norwood had three decent opportunities on Saturday from the edge of the box and didn't hit the target with any. A couple were frankly embarrassing for a player of his quality.

Doyle reminds me a lot of Fleck from a few seasons ago. Fleck does not remind me of Fleck from a few season ago. Not saying he's out of chances by any stretch. I'd love it if he regained his past form. It's just that so far this season Doyle has looked more like an improvement on than a rival to him.

Back
Top Bottom