Told you League One Wes was a liability

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stegosaurus

Reaction score
Hi Stegosaurus here,

Been saying it for months. The one tricky thing he had to do vs Palace, and he palmed the ball straight into the danger area and Palace put the ball in. Literalyl everything else he did in the game was bread and butter stuff that every goalie in the PL and the Championship could have done. The one tricky thing he had to deal with (and it was an awkward shot admittedly) and he fucked it up by palming it into the box instead of over the bar or around the post.

Very, very lucky the Palace player strayed just offside. Anybody who thinks he's good enough for the PL doesn't know anything about football. He's an average Championship player who shouldn't be anywhere near starting a PL game.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Been saying it for months. The one tricky thing he had to do vs Palace, and he palmed the ball straight into the danger area and Palace put the ball in. Literalyl everything else he did in the game was bread and butter stuff that every goalie in the PL and the Championship could have done. The one tricky thing he had to deal with (and it was an awkward shot admittedly) and he fucked it up by palming it into the box instead of over the bar or around the post.

Very, very lucky the Palace player strayed just offside. Anybody who thinks he's good enough for the PL doesn't know anything about football. He's an average Championship player who shouldn't be anywhere near starting a PL game.

Getting slated for a non-valid goal that didn't even count

Stops score from legitimately being 3 or 4-0

At least fallowfield gave me a little chuckle from time to time as a WUM

Ur WUM posts are just boring and unimaginative.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Are you on drugs.... Or just generally of ya nut?

Serious question..

I’d replace 5 or 6 of yesterday’s starting line up before I’d get to Wes.

He was MOTM by a country mile
To be honest Wes was the only one that looked premier league level. I’d replace all of them before Wes.

It’s always the same players get blames. When Anel was absolutely terrible.

To be honest Wes was the only one that looked premier league level. I’d replace all of them before Wes.

It’s always the same players get blames. When Anel was absolutely terrible.
I thought Anel looked a bit bewildered at times. I wonder if he was surprised by the standard.

Getting slated for a non-valid goal that didn't even count

Stops score from legitimately being 3 or 4-0

At least fallowfield gave me a little chuckle from time to time as a WUM

Ur WUM posts are just boring and unimaginative.
Yep don't get the calling out of Wes here all goalies make mistakes but here I feel he is hard done by! it was a really pacy shot and seemed to move on its way so catching it wernt an option! he blocked it as it was probably all he could do! was unfortunate it landed on a palace head but fortunately he was offside.We have bigger problems than Wes (midfield would have struggled in the championship and two lads upfront who did well considering feeding off scraps.)Hecki must have known that midfield would get over run still played them so gambled on sneeking something which didn't happen.
Why do this ? Maybe a message to the prince! We are well short in both areas
Midfield and upfront.

Bit early in the morning for WUM posts wasn’t it?

I’d stick to porktalk if I were you, maybe you know more about pig players.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Bread and butter stuff that any keeper in the top 2 divisions would have done. Fact
You are showing your ignorance there - that is not a fact, it is an opinion. In my opinion as an observer of goalkeepers for many decades, it is what many goalkeepers do now with a swerving, dipping shot. It has become normal as the ball has got lighter, and with the influence of foreign goalkeepers. Opinion.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Bet you'd love him at Hillsborough though wouldnt you.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

How did your keeper do yesterday? Another clean sheet?

Why would he save it, when he knew it was offside? Much better to palm it straight at the opposition to head it in, run off to celebrate and then get jeered by the home crowd when it gets disallowed - as Wes knew it would.

There was suggestion by the commentators on the channel I was watching it swerved in the wind which caught him by surprise hence the punch like he did. Not seeing the flight of the ball you cant tell but watching it again he does adjust slightly and re-acts. Like Wes he is a good keeper.

There was suggestion by the commentators on the channel I was watching it swerved in the wind which caught him by surprise hence the punch like he did. Not seeing the flight of the ball you cant tell but watching it again he does adjust slightly and re-acts. Like Wes he is a good keeper.

The ball moved all over the place, you could see that from the Kop end.

I didn't realise how good his second half save was until I saw the highlights on Match Of The Day.

we have many problems to resolve the goalkeeper isnt 1 of them, the only reason he has been player of the year 1 or both of last 2 years, is because of Ndiaye & gibbs white.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

156030-ml-1202683.jpg

The ball moved all over the place, you could see that from the Kop end.
I could see it from the south stand

Anyone who has ever played football at a standard higher than u8 level could see that it was a difficult shot to save.

Wes is a far better all round keeper than ramsdale was for us IMO and played a huge part in getting us promoted.

I have only two concerns with Wes, one is unavoidable, the other one can be easily improved on

1) Injuries - he seems to randomly get injured just by simply kicking the ball, a few times a season he will go down after kicking.

2) Needs to command his area more - few times the ball came Egan and Ahmedhodzic’s way which I thought Wes should have shouted for them to leave it and for him to collect

Just a small point but, why start every message with Hi Stegosaurus here, we know it's it, so please stop.

I have only two concerns with Wes, one is unavoidable, the other one can be easily improved on

1) Injuries - he seems to randomly get injured just by simply kicking the ball, a few times a season he will go down after kicking.

2) Needs to command his area more - few times the ball came Egan and Ahmedhodzic’s way which I thought Wes should have shouted for them to leave it and for him to collect

Almost certain those injuries are signalled from the sidelines as a way for staff to come onto pitch and provide instructions if tactics need tweaking slightly

Back
Top Bottom