Tifo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CopenhagenBlade

Reaction score
Not sure if that works but this is the Tifo that FCK (FC Copenhagen) made for their arch rivals Brondby in the local derby Sunday. They really go up in this type of thing as you can see if the link works. The first banner says 'shoot the enemy', which they do destroying Brondby stadium. The last banner says 'This city is ours'

http://www.fck.dk/nyhed/2014/05/05/se-tifo-bombardementet-i-fuld-laengde

Would be funny if we did something similar, destroying Swillsborough :)

Presumably you mean at a Sheffield derby?

Er no, don't think so.

Apart from the fact that we'd totally balls it up I can't think of anything more likely to cause violence during and after the match.

If not at a derby, then what's the point?

Do you really believe that this would incite more violence? Maybe it is a cultural thing but there is enough trouble between FCK and Brondby already but this type of thing does not incite it. It is just part of the atmosphere to produce the best Tifo and although I hate FCK I think that this is a pretty impressive one as do most Brondby fans that I spoke to.

Maybe we could fire rust remover over to them or just soem eggs to go with the bacon:)

Presumably you mean at a Sheffield derby?

Er no, don't think so.

Apart from the fact that we'd totally balls it up I can't think of anything more likely to cause violence during and after the match.

If not at a derby, then what's the point?

Do you really believe that this would incite more violence? Maybe it is a cultural thing but there is enough trouble between FCK and Brondby already but this type of thing does not incite it. It is just part of the atmosphere to produce the best Tifo and although I hate FCK I think that this is a pretty impressive one as do most Brondby fans that I spoke to.

Maybe we could fire rust remover over to them or just soem eggs to go with the bacon:)

It'd give the police a good excuse to exercise more 'Anti Blade protection measures' whilst the pigs run along taking pot shots at Blades fans again...

Great video!

The planning of that is great. But yes, as somebody says above. It would definately incite violence. The stewards would also make us take the banner down no sooner than when it goes up.

Yes I do, exactly that.

The fun of being in a football crowd used to be all about SPONTANEITY.

The humour may be threadbare but if funny it is always 'off the cuff'. The songs, savage, euphoric, funny, aye sometimes even tuneful weren't exactly 'orchestrated' but they were the stronger for being genuinely from the rank and file supporters.

That is why we poke fun at the idiotic Wednesday Band and I for one think it kills the atmosphere at England games. Canned 'muzak' after a team scores was something we just saw on World of Sport at Ice Hockey matches and we knew what was good for them wasn't for us.

I don't see the point of borrowing culture from America or in this case the Tifo(si?) from Italy.

We don't need anymore incitement or commemoration of violence in English football, we may have invented it but we have moved on. I don't know much about the cultural context of Denmark at least not in terms of 'trouble' at football matches but ultimately the Italians have tried to recreate a dated 'culture' from us and it seems the Danes have imported it from them.

There is no point the English re-importing it.

Love the video CopenhagenBlade!

Thank's for that.

Although, nothing but real bombs would do for that rusting shit hole down in S6.

Up The Blades!

The fun of being in a football crowd used to be all about SPONTANEITY.

The humour may be threadbare but if funny it is always 'off the cuff'. The songs, savage, euphoric, funny, aye sometimes even tuneful weren't exactly 'orchestrated' but they were the stronger for being genuinely from the rank and file supporters.

That is why we poke fun at the idiotic Wednesday Band and I for one think it kills the atmosphere at England games. Canned 'muzak' after a team scores was something we just saw on World of Sport at Ice Hockey matches and we knew what was good for them wasn't for us.

I don't see the point of borrowing culture from America or in this case the Tifo(si?) from Italy.

We don't need anymore incitement or commemoration of violence in English football, we may have invented it but we have moved on. I don't know much about the cultural context of Denmark at least not in terms of 'trouble' at football matches but ultimately the Italians have tried to recreate a dated 'culture' from us and it seems the Danes have imported it from them.

There is no point the English re-importing it.

Fully agree. Two key points to be made here:

Firstly, as has been said, we have moved on. I wasn't around in the 80's. I started watching football at the start of this family friendly era. My knowledge of football comes after the Taylor report, after the years-long ban of English clubs from Europe, but from what I know, the violence and hooliganism was becoming a genuine problem, not just confined to ageing, tattooed, balding and faded men numbering in the dozens, but huge banks of supporters. It appears to me that you got involved with this culture whether you liked it or not. My dad says he had to stop going to games for several years during the 80's, as weighing up the pros and cons of getting his head kicked in if he bumped into the wrong people wasn't even worth it. The situation is far, far better now, and this is due to the clubs, fans and police working together to stamp out the nastier side of the sport. I feel safe at games, and I don't want that to change. Literally anything even remotely related to violence/criminality should be treated with utter contempt. I don't want to get banned from Europe again just so a load of troglodytic knobheads can swing their fists at each other because one team wears a different colour shirt, and bullshit like this is the start of it. I'm not a fan of the "Slippery Slope" fallacy, but let's not poke the sleeping bear, shall we?

Secondly, it's lame as fuck, man! I can't stand this sort of thing. It reeks of Americanism. It's like fucking wrestling or something. I love the atmosphere at a match the way it is. Thousands of people standing and singing their hearts out. The sheer euphoria and relief met with seeing the net bulge as a key goal is slotted away is something completely unparalleled in my 27 years on this planet, because it's pure, real and legitimate. I don't need some elaborate prank to enjoy myself at the game. I want to jump up and down and hug blokes I've never met before and shout myself hoarse, like I did when the 2nd goal went in against Charlton.

Back
Top Bottom