Thoughts after Tonight!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Upton_Blade

Reaction score
Whilst not the greatest opposition Donny are a solid enough L1 side. Norwich on Saturday should tell us a bit more.

Berge - Think I've stated on a couple of other threads but I really can't see him downing tools if he doesn't get a move and there's no noise around the board selling him unless they get what they want for him so, based on tonight, if he stays he wins Championship POTY.

Moose - Looking up for it and the noises coming out of The Lane stating he's smashing it in training and the new management team feel there's big things to come from him this season. Hopefully it has finally clicked for him but not holding my breath at this point. If, and it's a big If, he is fully fit and firing this season then we have potentially the leagues top scorer. 67-1 with most bookies if anyone fancies it.

Brewster - So, so needs a goal. Even if it's one off his arse into the bottom corner. He looks almost broken in front of goal ATM.

Back 3 or 4 - Thought we looked better in the 1st half with a back 4 but if we really want to compete at the very top end of the table we need an upgrade on Robbo next to Egan. Fullback positions we have a world of options.

Jebbison - I really thought he needed a loan move this season for his development. Based on Spain and tonight I'm not so sure. He looks very, very good. Not sure where that leaves McB but it's a nice problem to have.

Lapato - Looks very promising. Probably needs a bit more development but we have the next Egan there.

The Youngsters - Some really promising looking cameos. How many are ready for the 1st team squad I'm not sure but the future looks bright.

UTMFB!

Think McBurnie could make the left side forward position his own. Isnt that the position he played when he tore us a new one for Swansea/Dingles etc? Think Didz and Sharp look like the odd ones out in the 4-3-3 formation:
LF: Didz; but expect McBurnie to take that place
CF: Mousse with Jebz back up, suppose Sharp could come in but he wont be turning defenders for pace
RCF: Burke with Brewski as back up (you could even try Bogle in this role I reckon)

Ramsdale
Lopata - Egan - RND
Bogle - Berge - New CM - Burke
Mousset - Jebbison - Brewster
Not too shabby based on tonights performances

Whilst not the greatest opposition Donny are a solid enough L1 side. Norwich on Saturday should tell us a bit more.

Berge - Think I've stated on a couple of other threads but I really can't see him downing tools if he doesn't get a move and there's no noise around the board selling him unless they get what they want for him so, based on tonight, if he stays he wins Championship POTY.

Moose - Looking up for it and the noises coming out of The Lane stating he's smashing it in training and the new management team feel there's big things to come from him this season. Hopefully it has finally clicked for him but not holding my breath at this point. If, and it's a big If, he is fully fit and firing this season then we have potentially the leagues top scorer. 67-1 with most bookies if anyone fancies it.

Brewster - So, so needs a goal. Even if it's one off his arse into the bottom corner. He looks almost broken in front of goal ATM.

Back 3 or 4 - Thought we looked better in the 1st half with a back 4 but if we really want to compete at the very top end of the table we need an upgrade on Robbo next to Egan. Fullback positions we have a world of options.

Jebbison - I really thought he needed a loan move this season for his development. Based on Spain and tonight I'm not so sure. He looks very, very good. Not sure where that leaves McB but it's a nice problem to have.

Lapato - Looks very promising. Probably needs a bit more development but we have the next Egan there.

The Youngsters - Some really promising looking cameos. How many are ready for the 1st team squad I'm not sure but the future looks bright.

UTMFB!

Was disappointed with Robinson, Fleck, baldock, Norwood and Burke.
All of whom have to up their game or our inexperienced younger players will take their places and work harder to retain the shirt.
If we keeping Berge I would offload Norwood and give Zak Brunt a run with Slater as back up

Last edited:
Ramsdale
Lopata - Egan - RND

Can't argue with that hugely Barney.

Didn't put it in the original post but another takeaway I has tonight was that we look like being a lot more flexible, not hard really, with regards to our formation.

Based on our current squad I reckon it would look something like this.

- Rammers -
- Baldock - Egan - New Signing - Stevens/RND -
- Berge - Norwood - Fleck -
- Brewster - Moose - McB -

- Rammers -
- Bash - Egan - New Signing -
- Baldock/Bogle - Berge - Norwood - Stevens/RND -

- Rammers -
- Berge - Norwood -
- Brewster - Didzy/Freeman - McB -
- Moose -

If Robinson is first choice we must play 3 at the back
He is not a CB and as Ive said in the other thread I thought he had a poor game against an average L1 outfit
Looked a little better in the 2nd half when we went to a three

What I loved is moose looking quality .
Berge keep him we go up imo the lad showed true quality the youngsters and freeman looked like that wilder had no clue loaning him. Bogle quality again

Didn't put it in the original post but another takeaway I has tonight was that we look like being a lot more flexible, not hard really, with regards to our formation.

- Rammers -

- Rammers -

- Rammers -
- Berge - Norwood -
- Moose -

- Rammers -

- Rammers -

- Rammers -
- Berge - Norwood -
- Moose -
Think we need a new signing to upgrade on Norwood. I'd have Bogle at RB in a 4 or RM if we play 3-4-3. Then a versatile new CB that could ideally play both LCB and RCB in a 3. Honestly I wouldn't loan out Jebbison, I'd play him

Ramsdale
Lopata - Egan - RND
Burke isn't a wing back, he'll be part of that front three if he plays. Fleck will likely be the New CM position! On current form Brewster is on the bench. I think four at the back could work well if Egan can play in the left side, but if not and we have to play Robinson then three at the back with wing backs will be likely I'd imagine.

Burke isn't a wing back, he'll be part of that front three if he plays. Fleck will likely be the New CM position! On current form Brewster is on the bench. I think four at the back could work well if Egan can play in the left side, but if not and we have to play Robinson then three at the back with wing backs will be likely I'd imagine.
LM not LWB, although he did play LWB for a decent chunk of his career.

Give him half a season and Jebbison will be a monster. You know what they say if they are good enough they are old enough and he will be given a run of games, did everything as good as McBurnie does and looked a better prospect than Brewster. Looks like we have a bunch of quality youngsters ready to stake a claim in the team if not this season then next. Some of the old hands need to up their game or be replaced.

Think we need a new signing to upgrade on Norwood. I'd have Bogle at RB in a 4 or RM if we play 3-4-3. Then a versatile new CB that could ideally play both LCB and RCB in a 3. Honestly I wouldn't loan out Jebbison, I'd play him

It's def a conundrum. Think Norwood will be absolutely fine this season but then we'd have to replace if we go up.

Davies for me would be the perfect loan as could play LCB in a 3 or 4.

Jebbison for me would be on the bench to be 1st sub for the No 9 role.

Was disappointed with Robinson, Fleck, baldock, Norwood and Burke.
All of whom have to up their game or our inexperienced younger players will take their places and work harder to retain the shirt.
If we keeping Berge I would offload Norwood and give Zak Brunt a run with Slater as back up
Slater a run Brunt as back up and no Im not Slaters dad

Back
Top Bottom