Those Players we 'didn't sign'

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We may have missed out on all of them or ended up with one or two. I think the point is about Wilder restricting our options with a largely buy British or Irish players. We may have wanted Cash Watkins and Antoine Robinson but you will always have competition for home grown players too and so they signed for other clubs.
One thing we all should agree on is that we could have done alot better with our recruitment no matter whether it is Wilder the Prince or both who were responsible.
I 100% agree, our recruitment in the premier league has been awful. I just don’t think the list that the Yorkshire post have made up is accurate.

I guess one negative about the recruitment is now a positive. The big money we spenton young players a lot of them proven in the championship.

Bogle, Brewster, McBurnie and to a lesser extent Lowe are all young and performed well in the championship.

If Ramsdale keeps his current form up he will be one of the best keepers in the championship.

I feel like Berge will leave and we will get somewhere in region of what we paid back for him.

Assuming we lose (players with a decent amount of minutes) Berge, Lundstram, Ampadu and Jagielka. Then we bring in a couple of midfielders and a couple of centre backs we should be in a decent position to make a run for promotion.

Our recruitment has been terrible since we got a bit of money since promotion. Just shows the Karl Pilkington-like attitude Wilder has if those names are accurate when you see some of what we could have had compared to what we ended up with.

Maybe the playstation managers weren't any of us after all and if Wilder didn't get to hand pick them himself, they get dismissed out of hand regardless of whether they're actually any good. I mean, hand picking Jack Robinson, Rodwell, Foderingham, Burke and others from the middle of Lidl has done us a power of good...

I get that he might have turned some down because they didn't fit the system but Christ there are some he'd have been mad not to sign, Soucek as a prime example.

Thomas Soucek - unless it was the summer we first went up we couldn’t have got him
Victor Osimhen - way to expensive this summer. Last summer we would have probably missed out to Lille.
Jonathan David - would have been an okay signing. Again probably would have missed out to Lille. 1 in 3 for joint 1st place in Ligue 1. Hasn’t really done that well since his move
Leandro Trossard - winger, we don’t play with wingers
Timothy Castagne - wouldn’t have been able to sign him over Leicester and probably would have started at Atalanta
Jhon Lucumí - never seen him play
Moisés Caicedo - never seen him play, he’s 19 and has 2 appearances in the premier league. Who knows how good he will turn out to be.

seems like a pretty stupid list with no mention of the bundesliga player that Prince mentioned. I think the Yorkshire post of just guessing.

Lucumi would’ve played the JOC role

https://medium.com/@theevertonblues/jhon-lucumí-scouting-report-da1caaf2e44

Caicedo has all the raw materials to be a modern world class midfielder.

The BL player is Weghorst.

I wasn't going to reveal this ut now he's gone....
Vardy wanted to come to us and was ready to sign, then Chris hit the Prince with a bat and broke the pen. Vardy was getting dripped on from the hole in the roof and got fed up of waiting so went back to shitty Leicestershirester.
True that. I was up at Shitecliffe and Vardy was sat in the sink washing himself with Vim.

I wasn't going to reveal this ut now he's gone....
Vardy wanted to come to us and was ready to sign, then Chris hit the Prince with a bat and broke the pen. Vardy was getting dripped on from the hole in the roof and got fed up of waiting so went back to shitty Leicestershirester.
Come on, come on! Sauce?

I 100% agree, our recruitment in the premier league has been awful. I just don’t think the list that the Yorkshire post have made up is accurate.

I guess one negative about the recruitment is now a positive. The big money we spenton young players a lot of them proven in the championship.

Bogle, Brewster, McBurnie and to a lesser extent Lowe are all young and performed well in the championship.

If Ramsdale keeps his current form up he will be one of the best keepers in the championship.

I feel like Berge will leave and we will get somewhere in region of what we paid back for him.

Assuming we lose (players with a decent amount of minutes) Berge, Lundstram, Ampadu and Jagielka. Then we bring in a couple of midfielders and a couple of centre backs we should be in a decent position to make a run for promotion.
Midfield is key going forward so recruitment there is a must. And you are right the forwards we have should be capable in the Championship. Though McBurnie is just not my cup of tea.
Let's hope the new manager and the board get in a few players with a bit spark and that will lift the doom and gloom.

Lucumi would’ve played the JOC role

https://medium.com/@theevertonblues/jhon-lucumí-scouting-report-da1caaf2e44

Caicedo has all the raw materials to be a modern world class midfielder.

The BL player is Weghorst.
But would he have played it better than jack robinson 😜

Weghorst has done well for Wolfsburg. He seems to have done well in all 3 seasons. I suspect he might have been gettable and I would have liked the signing but I also liked the Brewster signing so what do I know :)

So the board recommended to Wilder that we go out and sign a 60m Nigerian striker, yet we couldn't afford to pay the wages of the Wigan left-back. Right.

Between Charleroi and Lille in ‘19, not Lille and Napoli in ‘20.

Back
Top Bottom