Things I won’t miss in the EPL

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I won’t miss being absolutely out of our depth and knowing that scoring 2 or 3 goals won’t even get you a point.

We’ll win some and lose some next season, that will be good.

I still want us as a club to be able to compete in the PL but if it’s unrealistic then happy to be top end Championship team with the odd shit season in the PL to reboot the finances.

sky and tnt couldnt make their comentries more biased towards the top 3 they want these 3 battling it out till the end for more viewing figures and revenue same last night you would have thought there was only one team on the pitch pathetic the sooner these mega rich prem clubs f**k off to a european super league the better the english game might just get back to its best as it was back in the day
Well said mate👍

This is very true.

I’m not looking for sympathy.

But there is clearly no acceptable narrative that can accompany us.

It’s a talking point that Man City are without Walker or that Liverpool are without Alyson.

Yet those poor bastards in S2 start off with a far weaker squad and have pretty much tackled the entire season minus double figures of unavailable players.

Yet we’re not injury ravaged Sheffield United. They just assume we’ll be shit anyway so don’t even bother to recognise that. Being without arguably 4 out of the first 6 defensive options and 5 out of 7, being on our 3rd choice left back for example. It’s a huge setback, yet no real
mention.

Very little reference made to the 8-0 being the result of the club experiencing a horrendous emotional week for the club and not to mention the 3 first half goals all should have been chalked off.

They just choose to cover the minimum and that’s your lot.
The more I think about the Anthony Gordon one the more idiotic I feel not the rules are but the way they blindly interpret them.

Player running with ball at pace, happens to catch his hand slightly but still under control and he passes to someone who scored. I’m fine with this not being handball.

Player keeps his hand out, the ball, which was otherwise heading out of play, strikes the hand and he then lays it off to a scorer.

Surely the rule was amended to support the first type of scenario, certainly not a scenario where had he not kept his hand there it would have had a significant turn of events and left the field of play.

They are simply all rules yet no common sense.

Slightly less so, but you should be able to appeal corners or they should have a sensor. Scoring from a corner which was handball is also an absolute crock of shit.

Same with Luton’s goal. This is where tech can be used. It would have been a goal kick and the season would be panning out differently. Just on one poor call for a corner. If they have goal line tech and var, surely a sensor can confirm who touched it last and by what body part?

Don’t get me started on the Robbo one. He wins the ball cleanly with his kicking leg and the other pillock who is supposedly challenging for the ball is so late that Robbo has won it, the ball has gone and he collided with Robbo’s other leg. How is that Robbo’s fault?

Last edited:
We should learn about the way Bournemouth, Brentford and Brighton are being run. I know they have richer owners than us but they’ve got excellent scouting in place, good infrastructure, a defined style of playing and suitable replacements lined up when the top six buy their best players. Theres no shame in looking at other clubs success. We don’t have any of this, we muddle along with no direction, no thought and with no long term plan in place. If we do manage to go up again we must learn from past mistakes, look at these clubs to even have half a chance of staying up. Otherwise it’s just constant rinse and repeat.
This

I'll only miss watching some of the good players from some of the top teams.
So much of the other Disney PL can fuck off.
I really enjoyed watching some Championship matches on TV last week, so much more enjoyable , not interrupted by all the PL created bullshit.

The pundits are the worst apart from Ally McCoist who at least recognises some of the issues we have been having.

I notice anytime we are on TV they never or rarely mention how many injuries we have as well. Yet they bang on about Newcastle's injury issues.
Snobbery pundits are only interested in the big teams and it's getting worse. Everyone loves a giant killing in the cup but oh no it's not allowed in the Premier league

I wont miss the Prem now or in the future,its a corrupt shit hole full of poncy wankers disguised as fottballers.

Send off the elite into their own poncy league and then make more of the 'english game'. Cap pricing, fill stadiums and bring back the prize and pride of league and cup competitions.... kick em out, shut the door and bring peide back.

I’ll miss blades players provocatively offering their necks for strangulation then looking to to ref for sympathy.

Won't miss the o t t stewards w t f was that all about at Liverpool line of stewards check line of police then another line of stewards for another check

I won’t miss it at all & frankly I’m happy for us to just miss out in a few losing play off finals( yeah I know but we’re used to it & it ends a normally fun season of winning more than you lose & a cracking day out with friends).

I’m probably too old now, and was lucky enough to see the TC team in the 70’s & Basset’s team in the 90’s when we could fleetingly compete at the top table when there was less money in the game. Now the game has gone mad… and honestly I know the Premier League is cash rich …. But if we never have another season up there in my lifetime - I won’t care.

So yes …. Bring me more away days at Huddersfield, Blackburn, Derby, West Brom, Portsmouth ….. can’t wait …. Much more fun …. with actually a chance of winning and oh I almost forgot……no bloody VAR!!!! …..where a goal is actually a goal so you can celebrate properly!
Exactly this my twin ;)

Some of our fans with their endless moaning about Garth Crooks VAR and MOTD, frequently because they can't see past their own red and white tinted specs to realise that our best player in a match is often average compared to our opponents, even when they stood out against our own (not difficult). Moaning that MOTD only talk about how poor we are when that's accurate, and that we don't get much screen time or analysis, when our games are largely poor spectacles to watch unless we get a battering. Even then some recent games haven't had a baring on the Premier League title, European qualification or the relegation battle (as ours is all but confirmed), so there really is no reason to discuss our often woeful and irrelevant matches.

Add to that the holier than thou "I'm a bigger blade than you" that's happened after fans have rightfully walked out through their own choice.

So I won't miss some of the absolute drivel posted on here often fuelled by biase, delusion and sour grapes. Not that we don't get it in the Championship.

You can also throw in the utter delusion of some of our fans when we have a player doing well, where they get talked up as if they're the second coming of Tony Currie. In reality they're doing basic things well in a very poor team, and nothing more, but some of our fans like to overhype them. Brooks being a prime example.

There's then the denial that some of our players are past their prime and shouldn't be here anymore, but what they've done in the past is more important than what they're doing presently, and yet the same fans will moan about how poor the team is and lack of ambition.

Other than that the majority of our fans are fine. 😂

Throw-ins, going to collect the ball from it's holder bollocks.
Yesterday, their player had to walk past a ball-boy who was ready with the ball, to collect it from its thingy.
Goal kicks, the holder is placed at the edge of the box.
What Muppet invented this nonsense?

The pundits are the worst apart from Ally McCoist who at least recognises some of the issues we have been having.

I notice anytime we are on TV they never or rarely mention how many injuries we have as well. Yet they bang on about Newcastle's injury issues.
Jamie Redknapp also spoke well about our situation earlier in the season as well

Some of our fans with their endless moaning about Garth Crooks VAR and MOTD, frequently because they can't see past their own red and white tinted specs to realise that our best player in a match is often average compared to our opponents, even when they stood out against our own (not difficult). Moaning that MOTD only talk about how poor we are when that's accurate, and that we don't get much screen time or analysis, when our games are largely poor spectacles to watch unless we get a battering. Even then some recent games haven't had a baring on the Premier League title, European qualification or the relegation battle (as ours is all but confirmed), so there really is no reason to discuss our often woeful and irrelevant matches.

Add to that the holier than thou "I'm a bigger blade than you" that's happened after fans have rightfully walked out through their own choice.

So I won't miss some of the absolute drivel posted on here often fuelled by biase, delusion and sour grapes. Not that we don't get it in the Championship.

You can also throw in the utter delusion of some of our fans when we have a player doing well, where they get talked up as if they're the second coming of Tony Currie. In reality they're doing basic things well in a very poor team, and nothing more, but some of our fans like to overhype them. Brooks being a prime example.

There's then the denial that some of our players are past their prime and shouldn't be here anymore, but what they've done in the past is more important than what they're doing presently, and yet the same fans will moan about how poor the team is and lack of ambition.

Excellent post

I hope we stay up.

Jamie Redknapp also spoke well about our situation earlier in the season as well

We have consistently had about 35% of the squad out injured over the last 2 years or so.

Newcastle United and Chelsea can cry me a river with regards to their injury issues.

Back
Top Bottom