Thick linesman

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Silent Blade

Reaction score
In the 1st half at the Lane end, Long takes a goal kick. The ball reaches the centre circle but the linesman near the South Stand flags for offside 15 yards further up. The ref blows his whistle to award a free kick for offside. Our players tell the ref that the linesman got it wrong explaining that the ball was headed away 15 yards behind the offside line. Ref realised the error and instructs Long to re-take the goal kick

Actually you can't be offside from a goal kick. I hope that linesman doesn't drive because as well as not knowing the laws of the game I doubt he can read a number plate from 25 yards given he can't see a ball out of play in front of him.

I've never thought about this before but once the ref realised he was flagging for offside, he had no alternative but to ask George to retake the kick.

Useless

It was absolutely laughable. How an official in the Football League can get a decision like that wrong is unbelievable. It's basic laws of the game!

I think that match officials should be made to retake refereeing training/tests and have an eyesight check every season. There are too many sets of 3 blind mice officiating at the lane. Enough is enough

It was absolutely laughable. How an official in the Football League can get a decision like that wrong is unbelievable. It's basic laws of the game!

To be fair, I didn't know you couldn't be offside from a goal kick (but then I am not a "professional" official, but I assume it is the same logic used with a throw in, i.e. the ball has gone out of play, therefore offsides are not applicable. That said, they couldn't even spot two of those either, they were beyond help.

Anyone else notice how the ref left the matchball on the pitch at half time near the away end? Pretty sure he is meant to take it off with him?!

Back
Top Bottom