There will be no new signings...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As the penny Black tart I often find myself in a position where my knickers are in a twist, but signings do not bother my pretty head because Chris Wilder hasn't made many mistakes in the last three years so I trust him implicitly.So my advice is to await Chris got get things moving whilst slowly slurping a cool Penny Black pint of John Smiths, formerly one of 8 in the gallon of magnet.

As the penny Black tart I often find myself in a position where my knickers are in a twist, but signings do not bother my pretty head because Chris Wilder hasn't made many mistakes in the last three years so I trust him implicitly.So my advice is to await Chris got get things moving whilst slowly slurping a cool Penny Black pint of John Smiths, formerly one of 8 in the gallon of magnet.
You didn't create a new account just for that post did you?

EFL have no jurisdiction over anyone who's been promoted. Cardiff were eons over FFP but they announced Bobby Reid in June last year

They do when they go back down though. Wouldn't that be the original point?

They do when they go back down though. Wouldn't that be the original point?
I'm 99.9% sure the EFL will conveniently forget any sanctions against teams that come back down. They are very likely cash rich at that point and pissing them off would be counter intuitive to getting money flowing around the EFL clubs

Didn't QPR get a fat fine and a transfer embargo when they were relegated back to the EFL, after they broke a bunch of rules on the way up?

Quite possibly, even with their money, its so ruinously expensive to run a club the higher you go.

Not at all. It’s quite possible to break even in L2 and L1 if you manage your finances correctly. I think some clubs have even turned a small profit (I think Walsall may have a few years ago with Smith was managing them, not sure about now).

The latest report on PL finances shows that most clubs are now profitable.

It’s the championship that’s the problem. Because of parachute payments and rich owners who are willing to speculate to try to get to the PL, it’s almost impossible to not lose money. A club just can’t compete. If you try to break even, you’ll go down sooner or later. You might survive a couple of seasons if you can sell some of your players for big money but the longer you’re in there, the more likely you are to start losing money.

Dave Whelan worked this out pretty quickly which is why he sold Wigan for £20m.

Not at all. It’s quite possible to break even in L2 and L1 if you manage your finances correctly. I think some clubs have even turned a small profit (I think Walsall may have a few years ago with Smith was managing them, not sure about now).

The latest report on PL finances shows that most clubs are now profitable.

It’s the championship that’s the problem. Because of parachute payments and rich owners who are willing to speculate to try to get to the PL, it’s almost impossible to not lose money. A club just can’t compete. If you try to break even, you’ll go down sooner or later. You might survive a couple of seasons if you can sell some of your players for big money but the longer you’re in there, the more likely you are to start losing money.

Dave Whelan worked this out pretty quickly which is why he sold Wigan for £20m.

Sorry bush, what I meant was I couldn't see Salford being as high as the championship but that might not have been clear in what I had written

Sorry bush, what I meant was I couldn't see Salford being as high as the championship but that might not have been clear in what I had written
I did hear Peter Lim after they’d won promotion to the league saying they were aiming for the PL and thought ‘yeah, see how that goes’.

I did hear Peter Lim after they’d won promotion to the league saying they were aiming for the PL and thought ‘yeah, see how that goes’.

I'm aiming to meet Kelly Brook in a Bruges bar tonight and let her ride me like Red Rum.

I think me and Mr Lim are both going to end up disappointed.....

I'm aiming to meet Kelly Brook in a Bruges bar tonight and let her ride me like Red Rum.

Him more than you. I mean, if nothing else you’re in Bruges, so you can have a lovely Flemish stew overlooking the lovely town hall square and then go for a load of beer. Whereas he’s got another conference call with Gary Neville.

Him more than you. I mean, if nothing else you’re in Bruges, so you can have a lovely Flemish stew overlooking the lovely town hall square and then go for a load of beer. Whereas he’s got another conference call with Gary Neville.

Every cloud Bob :)

Probably not as much as Kelly if it does happen...

:shark:

Nothing to do with falling under EFL... Even if we did sign someone "now" any funds for that transfer would likely not change hands for some weeks or months anyway.

Why sign someone now? You can agree a deal but none will have a start date much before the start of July if at all.

All players are away either international duty or hols, there's no rush.

You've got one of the Goddess Triumvirate though, Kelly, Kylie, Kaley....

A nice thought indeed, maybe in the next life Sean.

The reality is I'm half cut, seemingly the only person on thier own here in Bruges and I'm having steak and beer after throwing some flowers in the lake for someone i still love.

So my night of Belgian magic with Kelly will have to remain in my head. Always did try to punch above my weight......

its the 5th of June

we dont start training for a few weeks yet
why this urgent rush to make signings

if it was the 15th of July , yes it might be starting to be disconcerting .
BUT THERES 40 MORE DAYS BEFORE THAT
We dont get extra points for signing players before june 20th..do we

Because we need at least 9 new players.

what ,,, in which universe

5 or 6 maximum
we dont want to do what Fulham did , totally rip a winning team apart
We have players capable of the step up as they showed winning at west brom and leeds and over 46 tough games

Are you really intimating we only have 2 worthy of prem football
some of our players will prove they are good enough , some might not
but to say we have to more or less start from scratch is insane

we dropped first season up last time due to poor purchases, fathi shelton nade , davies etc
Wilder wont do that

And this already is a much better team than warnocks was before we buy anyone

what ,,, in which universe

5 or 6 maximum
we dont want to do what Fulham did , totally rip a winning team apart
We have players capable of the step up as they showed winning at west brom and leeds and over 46 tough games

Are you really intimating we only have 2 worthy of prem football
some of our players will prove they are good enough , some might not
but to say we have to more or less start from scratch is insane

we dropped first season up last time due to poor purchases, fathi shelton nade , davies etc
Wilder wont do that

And this already is a much better team than warnocks was before we buy anyone

Unless we have 5 youth players making the 25 we need 9 players

Max 2 premier league loans.
2 loans from other Premiership teams. We can still loan players from other leagues.

Fulham had Fosu Mensah (Man U), Chambers (Ars), Shurrle (Dort) and Vietto (Sav) all on loan last season.

Back
Top Bottom