There is no more home and away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wak1889

Reaction score
Sorry if I've caused any fans of the popular aussie daytime soap to worry , what I mean is that in the current climate no fans, there is no home advantage , so we need to go into games on the front foot not sitting back and thinking let's keep it tight as we are away , that can work in games where u can frustrate the crowd and the anxiety filters on to the pitch which was something that definitely worked to our advantage last season, at w ham , Chelsea, spurs , Everton and arsenal , but now when they are glorified training games and there is no crowd pressure if we continue to give more technical players time on the ball they will pick us off eventually ,

The game has been totally turned on its head. Results and performances are random without any reason to why they are happening.

It may continue for the whole season and we have obscure champions, qualifiers for Europe and relegated teams or things may settle down and we revert to the usual suspects at both ends of the table.

Not sure if its the lack of crowds but some teams are playing as if these games are pre-season friendlies.

Agreed. The only advantage for the home team is the travel time before the game for the away side, and obviously the varying pitch sizes

Thisis 50/50 whether this actually benefits us or not.

On the one hand we shouldn't be afraid of playing the big boys away.

On the other hand we have lost an extra edge that can only be generated by the BDTBL faithful.

And on my third hand....teams susceptible to caving into pressure from their own fans are loving life a'la Leeds United.

And on my fourth hand....refs have little to not pressure on them forcing them to miss big decisions.

Our home crowd is possibly one of the noisiest in the PL, our fans are truly a 12th man. For home games we don't have that anymore, it is down to the players to pick themselves up and keep motivated.
A long way to go, and with some very strange results in the PL, anything can happen.
An attack minded setup is the way forward.

I might be wrong, but aren't all pitches in PL supposed to be the same size?
According to an article by the BBC

"The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m)."

It's a PL requirement that they're all the same size unless the ground dimensions prohibit it

According to an article by the BBC

"The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90m) and 130 yards (120m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45m) and not more than 100 yards (90m)."

Always intrigued me that stat. You could have a square pitch.

Our home crowd is possibly one of the noisiest in the PL, our fans are truly a 12th man. For home games we don't have that anymore, it is down to the players to pick themselves up and keep motivated.
A long way to go, and with some very strange results in the PL, anything can happen.
An attack minded setup is the way forward.

It would have been better with a singing section, crap homemade flags and some bellend with a megaphone in the BLUT 😂

Friggin 'ell !!!! - gonna have to get my Aussie Soap kicks from Neighbours now..............

Thisis 50/50 whether this actually benefits us or not.

On the one hand we shouldn't be afraid of playing the big boys away.

On the other hand we have lost an extra edge that can only be generated by the BDTBL faithful.

And on my third hand....teams susceptible to caving into pressure from their own fans are loving life a'la Leeds United.

And on my fourth hand....refs have little to not pressure on them forcing them to miss big decisions.

Ever thought of taking up juggling?🤪

Back
Top Bottom