Their third goal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladeulike

Reaction score
Is it just me with my Blade tinted spectacles or is VAR truly woeful? I have no problem with the result today - we were beaten by a better team and our defending was kack. However, their third goal was a cross into our box and their attacker threw himself to the ground to try and cheat a penalty. It’s a foul and a yellow card. The ball continued its trajectory and Bogle rather stupidly flapped at it and handballed it for a clear penalty. But the chronology was the attacker throwing himself to the ground and basically cheating first followed by the handball . Not sure why VAR with its ultra slo-mo technology can’t and won’t stop this disease in the game. Without that penalty it’s a better, fairer and more even contest. I don’t want to be relegated but this league and its incompetent, inconsistent systems stinks the place out. Happy to be told I’m being too Bladey

Does a dive to try to win a free kick or penalty carry a sanction of a free kick the opposite way? I thought it just resulted in a yellow card for unsportsmanlike behaviour. I don't believe play would be stopped for it though.

I'm likely massively wrong on this though 🤣

Is it just me with my Blade tinted spectacles or is VAR truly woeful? I have no problem with the result today - we were beaten by a better team and our defending was kack. However, their third goal was a cross into our box and their attacker threw himself to the ground to try and cheat a penalty. It’s a foul and a yellow card. The ball continued its trajectory and Bogle rather stupidly flapped at it and handballed it for a clear penalty. But the chronology was the attacker throwing himself to the ground and basically cheating first followed by the handball . Not sure why VAR with its ultra slo-mo technology can’t and won’t stop this disease in the game. Without that penalty it’s a better, fairer and more even contest. I don’t want to be relegated but this league and its incompetent, inconsistent systems stinks the place out. Happy to be told I’m being too Bladey
They was doing it all game and getting away with it, buying free kicks, conning a very weak poor ref. Was the same with the 1st pen the lad could have carried on 1v1 and scored I stead he launched himself to the ground.

Personally I think if they can't punish diving during the game, they should punish it retrospectively. The rolling around and fist ground thumping were pathetic today. It needs cutting out. It ruined what was an entertaining game (VAR as well!)

I'm more concerned about why Bogle thought it was a good idea to have his hand up where he did. Was ridiculously stupid. Even if the Brighton lad had headed it, it still needed to be a very good header to score. Bogle seems to be getting let off the hook re his performance yesterday, a little too easy. He was very disappointing and hopefully just a bad day at the office. But their third so soon after half time changed the game and swung it massively back in their favour.

Not seen the footage, but seems odd a player jumps to put their arm in front of the ball….i don’t think they do.
Isn’t it about leverage for the jump?
Maybe the contact with the opponent knocked his are into the ball?

Your been Bladey😂

Did throw himself down agreed

But, the ref didn’t give it so we’re left with Bogles Harlem globetrotters routine

Think about the number of times in a game a player gets minimal contact and goes over, that doesn’t result in a free kick, just a wry smile and a ‘get up’ from the ref

Chronologically -
Ball comes over
Nothing to see
Bogle fucks up…. Again.

It was a header he was never going to win, so he's got himself in a panicky situation and fucked up. The blame for the goal lies with Hamer though I'm afraid.... twice.

They was doing it all game and getting away with it, buying free kicks, conning a very weak poor ref. Was the same with the 1st pen the lad could have carried on 1v1 and scored I stead he launched himself to the ground.

It feels like I see this posted week-in week-out, if we can see this, then surely CW and AK can. If we can't beat them, join them.

Personally I think if they can't punish diving during the game, they should punish it retrospectively. The rolling around and fist ground thumping were pathetic today. It needs cutting out. It ruined what was an entertaining game (VAR as well!)
Agree re diving

Var did its job v well today . When we scored both goals my mates and I all said that they looked offside . It was no surprise at all to us that Var took the time it did and tbh I was expecting both to be ruled out .

Var is now part and parcel of the game and it made the right calls yesterday - also , there are some
examples where the call is wrong - ie the assault on Vinnie in a previous home game .

Not for one moment an I saying I like it - I would prefer it to never be involved again - but it’s here and yesterday it did its job well , or rather the var officials did

What I want changed is the ridiculous when to flag for offside rule . Yesterday, play was allowed to go on for what seemed ages before the flag was eventually raised - on two or three occasions .

There was a likelyhood that players could have got injured whilst the passages of play were allowed to continue .

This rule is plain daft

What I want changed is the ridiculous when to flag for offside rule . Yesterday, play was allowed to go on for what seemed ages before the flag was eventually raised - on two or three occasions .
I would like them to explain why on some occasions they flag and on others they don't. There were two v delayed flags in the first half closely followed by an immediate flag towards the end of the first half, It doesn't make any sense. I seem to recall there was a game fairly recently where a delayed flag was followed by an injury - when play should have stopped.

Is it going to take a serious injury for the flagging policy to be altered, I understand them not raising the flag when it's marginal, but at least one of those in the first half was clearly offside.

Does anyone think they would have given us a pen for our second goal if the shove on Osula had actually pushed him into an offside position?

No me neither!

We can continue moaning about referees (and yes that was woeful yesterday) but players must bear a lot of the responsibility for the poor decisions we see every week.
With only 1 pair of eyes and the game being played at such a high pace it can't be easy when grown men are flinging themselves to the ground with a scream that can be heard around the stadium.
We're not the worse offenders but that was embarrassing from Larouci yesterday when he flung himself to the ground only to jump up seconds later. That's the only incident from our team that I can think of.
Brighton on the other hand were a disgrace.
A retrospective yellow is needed for whatever that was before the Bogle handball. Hamer was also penalised twice for absolutely nothing.
I thought there was a sniper in the crowd.

Agree re diving

Var did its job v well today . When we scored both goals my mates and I all said that they looked offside . It was no surprise at all to us that Var took the time it did and tbh I was expecting both to be ruled out .

Var is now part and parcel of the game and it made the right calls yesterday - also , there are some
examples where the call is wrong - ie the assault on Vinnie in a previous home game .

Not for one moment an I saying I like it - I would prefer it to never be involved again - but it’s here and yesterday it did its job well , or rather the var officials did

There was a likelyhood that players could have got injured whilst the passages of play were allowed to continue .

This rule is plain daft
It's all well and good saying VAR made the right calls yesterday but to me if it is taking about 3mins to make a decision then there is nothing to see. The way the ref was favouring Brighton and letting them get away with shithousing makes you think the officials both on the pitch and at Stockley Park are doing all they an to make sure a game goes in a certain direction or in effect to the clubs that spends a lot of money. Football has become a circus at the top level and much like American wrestling the story has to go along with the script.

i was furious last night, still annoyed me this morning watching it back on match of the day. not much angry at the referee as angry at the rule change as deliberate handball worked perfectly for a 150/160yrs & since we had mo end of problems. i remember 1st seeing it at the france v denmark game at the 2018 world cup, who was the player at 2022 World Cup who was penalised because he didnt know how to hover in mid air & it was just infuriating then as it is for penalties for just handball now. i don't who these weirdos are who jump with their arms by their side. but they must be among us.

i said then if you need a late goal. dont cross & aim for the striker. just smash it into the defender hand. instant penalty. nothing he could do, but thems the rules after they legalised cheating

i was completely right last night as well about the double standards in media. i guaranteed there wouldnt be 1 peep about Brighton 2nd pen. 1 of the softest you will see & i was right, it was painful seeing Stephen warnock clutching at straws trying make it look like the right decision

Your been Bladey😂

Did throw himself down agreed

But, the ref didn’t give it so we’re left with Bogles Harlem globetrotters routine

Think about the number of times in a game a player gets minimal contact and goes over, that doesn’t result in a free kick, just a wry smile and a ‘get up’ from the ref

Chronologically -
Ball comes over
Nothing to see
Bogle fucks up…. Again.
Agree my Bladey specs may have affected my vision! I suppose my point isn’t a criticism of VAR per se it’s more that VAR isn’t being used to purge the game of blatant cheating, I get it that in the course of the game there’s many instances where a player will fall, give a wry smile if nothing is awarded and get up again. However, in this instance the cheating was directly followed by a goal. A player deliberately throwing himself to the floor in the penalty area is a distraction and should, in the context of a goal being scored be a factor to be considered by the officials. It would make players think twice about cheating. Having said that, if Bogle had even half his football brain switched on it wouldn’t have mattered….

Agree my Bladey specs may have affected my vision! I suppose my point isn’t a criticism of VAR per se it’s more that VAR isn’t being used to purge the game of blatant cheating, I get it that in the course of the game there’s many instances where a player will fall, give a wry smile if nothing is awarded and get up again. However, in this instance the cheating was directly followed by a goal. A player deliberately throwing himself to the floor in the penalty area is a distraction and should, in the context of a goal being scored be a factor to be considered by the officials. It would make players think twice about cheating. Having said that, if Bogle had even half his football brain switched on it wouldn’t have mattered….
There have been a few things in football that have been improved
Over aggressive tackles (Vinny Jones type)
Time wasting
Harassing of refs

The next one needs to be diving and play acting

Seeing a 6ft 12st athlete fall to the floor clutching his face like he’s been hit by Tyson, when what actually happened is a defender has brushed his neck in a challenge is embarrassing

Likewise the blatant diving
1st pen was stupid of Bogle, but he ran 2 or 3 strides till his cheating brain caught up and dropped him to the floor

Retrospective booking needs to happen, but also think the managers need to agree to deal with it and call out the culprits after the game for making himself a laughing stock

It's all well and good saying VAR made the right calls yesterday but to me if it is taking about 3mins to make a decision then there is nothing to see. The way the ref was favouring Brighton and letting them get away with shithousing makes you think the officials both on the pitch and at Stockley Park are doing all they an to make sure a game goes in a certain direction or in effect to the clubs that spends a lot of money. Football has become a circus at the top level and much like American wrestling the story has to go along with the script.
They made the right calls according to the rules . I hate VAR as I said . The need to scrutinise offsides etc when the starting point is so minuscule is totally ridiculous. If it’s used for clear mistakes then ok 👍, but the need to apply in the way it is used at the moment is pathetic.

This causes the linespersons (I am trying ) to let play go on and not to make the call - so what’s the point in them being there ?

Also ,when var is used to scrutinise a foul the re run is slowed down so much and viewed from so many angles that the foul often looks worse and becomes more subjective in my opinion based on speed and angle .

Var is making the whole experience plastic as the spontaneous reaction to a goal scored - pot penalty etc etc is taken away and it’s becoming too sterile .

As we used to say - things even themselves out over a season and I believe that on the whole it probably does . As Var is probably doing (we get pens v wolves and wham and the benefit of the disallowed goal v villa ) currently ,perhaps we are a bit in credit ?

As for the ref - didn’t have a problem with him yesterday tbh - think bar two or three they are pretty poor as a whole .

We have much bigger probs than the ref and Var ti sort out anyway

It feels like I see this posted week-in week-out, if we can see this, then surely CW and AK can. If we can't beat them, join them.
But when our players do it, referee doesn't seem to fall for it lol! And also you get a large amount of fans moaning that we are doing it. Can't win either way.

But when our players do it, referee doesn't seem to fall for it lol! And also you get a large amount of fans moaning that we are doing it. Can't win either way.
Because we're not very good at it. Brighton are in a different league.

Agree re diving

This rule is plain daft
The downside to your view is that if the linesman had flagged Osula offside for the first goal, ref would have blown for a free-kick, and we would never have known that in a parallel universe Hamer went on to score. Or only if Osula had ignored the whistle, and then he would have been booked.

The downside to your view is that if the linesman had flagged Osula offside for the first goal, ref would have blown for a free-kick, and we would never have known that in a parallel universe Hamer went on to score. Or only if Osula had ignored the whistle, and then he would have been booked.
Which goes to show I know f all tbh 😬

The footage of Osulas goal clearly showed that he’d been pushed by Webster in the box, almost into an offside position. I wondered if VAR had adjudged him to have been offside whether, they’d have awarded a penalty for the blatant two handed shove?

I think we all know the answer to that one….

This rule is plain daft

I agree, but what was a more ridiculous spectacle was the linesman when we were in the Championship used to delay putting their flag up, in exactly the same way.

But of course, they didn’t have VAR to refer to in any case, so what was the point? Never could understand that? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Agree re diving

This rule is plain daft
Osula was clearly onside and it should have taken ten seconds to confirm

Because we're not very good at it. Brighton are in a different league.

I heard we actually had someone help the players learn a bit of parkour a good 4 or 5 years ago maybe even be pre-wilder. So they could fall down or land without hurting themselves.

So it's something we have looked at to some degree but as Wilder said yesterday he doesn't want to see our players chucking themselves about to win a free kick.

Because we're too honest and don't do it as much as other teams do. If some fans don't like us doing it then prepare for very little in the way of success. We need to "play the game".

Back
Top Bottom