The Sue Smith Hall of Footballing Ignorance

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Moving on to our American friends, here is something off the forum of an online game that I play. Think I will suggest to Lord Wilder he should adopt this sniper tactic to give us a chance against the top clubs:

so went out of town to watch a travel team today. make fun of me all you want is it a coaching strategy to switch player's positions at halftime? know zero about the game. just know that i sat there not being able to tell how my niece was playing because she was on the far end of the field playing the far right. seemed the coach was using her as some kind of sniper. second half they switched fields and he moved her to left front. they lost and needed binoculars to see how she was playing. is that normal? View attachment 53956

she just flipped and played the same position on the their same sideline. the kid is fast as hell but didn't show the effort i expected from her.

know nothing about it. one of the kids had to get carried off the field with a busted knee. coach came out and carried her to the bench. yesterday the other teams goaltender got a broken jaw. 13 and 14 year old girls are brutal in the heat of battle. View attachment 53957

Anyone else not understand any of this?

David Lammy is an excellent MP, a courageous democratic who has more integrity than Smogg, Barmy Boris and Weasel Farage put together.

Brexit is embarrassing Little Englander Bollocks. It is the political equivalent of Bladey Bladeness. The sooner we have a second vote and put the madness to an end, the better.

i have some sympathy for your bladey bladeness and doffing the cap opinions.. yet you seem happy to doff the cap to Brussels..
an interesting contradiction

i have some sympathy for your bladey bladeness and doffing the cap opinions.. yet you seem happy to doff the cap to Brussels..
an interesting contradiction

There’s three people to whom I would only doff my cap if it contained cow shit. That’s the obnoxious cunt Smogg, the Posh Buffoon Johnson and the Weasel Farage.

Membership of the EU doesn’t require any cap-doffing to Brussels at all. As members we have our full say in decision making. In any event the EU makes only regulatory laws, not affecting the substantive law of member states in crucial areas like crime, health, defence and public order. Not only that, many EU Regulations, for example those affecting tobacco or olive oil production, don’t impact the UK at all. Much EU law that does affect the UK is benign and welcome, workers rights and environmental regulation chief amongst them. The ECJ does not have jurisdiction over any substantive UK law. The ECHR does, but that is not an EU institution.

There will not be a ‘no deal’ Brexit. Parliament will not permit it and quite rightly so. “Leave” never campaigned for any such thing and the referendum was conducted on the clear understanding that there would be a negotiated exit.

So, any Brexit you now get, mate, will not be one that you would welcome. There will be no trade with the EU (far and away our biggest market) unless it be on EU terms and subject to EU regulations. So, same terms, same restrictions but no say whatsoever in amendment or revision. Anyone that says “okay we’ll go WTO terms’ is opting for punitive tariffs - ironically totally contrary to the free trade obsession of Brextremists like Smogg and Barmy Boris.

I repeat what I’ve said from day one. There are no economic, social or political advantages in leaving the EU. The UK will be poorer, more isolated and more vulnerable, and all in the name of Little Englander Flag-waving.

#stopbrexit. #revokearticle50.

There’s three people to whom I would only doff my cap if it contained cow shit. That’s the obnoxious cunt Smogg, the Posh Buffoon Johnson and the Weasel Farage.

Membership of the EU doesn’t require any cap-doffing to Brussels at all. As members we have our full say in decision making. In any event the EU makes only regulatory laws, not affecting the substantive law of member states in crucial areas like crime, health, defence and public order. Not only that, many EU Regulations, for example those affecting tobacco or olive oil production, don’t impact the UK at all. Much EU law that does affect the UK is benign and welcome, workers rights and environmental regulation chief amongst them. The ECJ does not have jurisdiction over any substantive UK law. The ECHR does, but that is not an EU institution.

There will not be a ‘no deal’ Brexit. Parliament will not permit it and quite rightly so. “Leave” never campaigned for any such thing and the referendum was conducted on the clear understanding that there would be a negotiated exit.

So, any Brexit you now get, mate, will not be one that you would welcome. There will be no trade with the EU (far and away our biggest market) unless it be on EU terms and subject to EU regulations. So, same terms, same restrictions but no say whatsoever in amendment or revision. Anyone that says “okay we’ll go WTO terms’ is opting for punitive tariffs - ironically totally contrary to the free trade obsession of Brextremists like Smogg and Barmy Boris.

I repeat what I’ve said from day one. There are no economic, social or political advantages in leaving the EU. The UK will be poorer, more isolated and more vulnerable, and all in the name of Little Englander Flag-waving.

heh.. read the Lisbon treaty and come back to me;)

heh.. read the Lisbon treaty and come back to me;)

I have. I’ve also seen the “scare list” about it that’s constantly cut and pasted by rabid leavers. Most of the claims in that document are false, made up. Those with a grain of truth are twisted. Not surprising, because a reckless disregard for the truth typifies the leaver philosophy. How much did you say for the Health Service, Boris?

If anyone wants to tell me what troubles them about a treaty that’s supposedly coming into force in 2020 but has in fact been in force without much controversy since 2009 and wasn’t even mentioned in the Referendum campaign, I’ll do my best to respond.

Wrong thread surely.

Also. Its bollocks and David Lammy is a prick.

Wrong thread surely.

Also. Its bollocks and David Lammy is a prick.

Yes. I didn’t raise David Lammy on this thread. I responded to someone who did.

He’s not a prick. He’s an intelligent, compassionate politician. Someone else may be...

Do enlighten me as to the bollocks. Make it factual though. No Daily Mail or Brextremist lies if you can manage it. I enjoy those who have left the country telling us residents what we should do...

78/79 at BDTBL.
Crooks had a header from the edge of the penalty that hit Conroy's bar, it was that powerful, it reminded me of an Alan Woodward volley.
We drew 0-0.

That's cos his neck was, and still is, wider than Woodys thigh!

They may not play attractive football, but if the squad can can play for each other then maybe, just maybe they will make it to the premier league. They certainly need a proven goalscorer. Perhaps if they could find a committed and loyal manager then things could happen sooner. As it stands though, those boys in blue and white have a large task ahead at Bramhall lane.

David Lammy is an excellent MP, a courageous democratic who has more integrity than Smogg, Barmy Boris and Weasel Farage put together.

Brexit is embarrassing Little Englander Bollocks. It is the political equivalent of Bladey Bladeness. The sooner we have a second vote and put the madness to an end, the better.

Ah one of those that believe in democracy as long as the result favours you. We've voted on it, end of.

Is now open and accepting nominations for the season ahead. As the media spotlight on SUFC intensifies expect the platitudes, nonsense and general fuckwittery to rise exponentially.
Pundits, oppo managers and tired hack journalists alike who can turn a cliche like 'Sheffield', 'honest triers', 'hard to beat', 'gritty', 'workmanlike' etc. all are welcome here.
Name and shame.

If Garth Crooks isn't here by the end of August I will be amazed.

Garth is truly fucking awful, isn't he? His team of the week is consistently that bad, it's as if he's fishing for the attention.

That's the one thing about Premier League football, you gain promotion, television exposure increases but the punditry quality, know how and insight drops out it's arse. It's a load of overpaid former pros with very little meaningful insight to add, picking up a hefty pay cheque for minimal effort and coasting off their surnames or playing CVs. The football league coverage far outweighs the PL punditry.

I don’t mind us being referred to as a Brexit football team, people thought it couldn’t be done and it makes us unique.
Also it has nothing to do with racism, although I agree some will see it as an insult.

I hear your point. I like the idea that we're built on squad unity, harmony, a well drilled system where everyone knows their role. Made even better by the fact that the football is sensational and it was built on a budget. If the squad just so happens to be British and Irish, so be it. It's about the right type of player to fit the system and attitude to join the squad, regardless of colour or creed.

I say all that, because I'm not arsed what people want to imply.

To refer to it with the Brexit title specifically though, is downright insulting. Largely because Brexit isn't well thought out, is divisive, hasn't been done on a budget, doesn't have a clear approach of ethos, doesn't bring results, is ridiculed far and wind, doesn't deserve success and is utterly shambolic. The absolute opposite to how we play.

I have. I’ve also seen the “scare list” about it that’s constantly cut and pasted by rabid leavers. Most of the claims in that document are false, made up. Those with a grain of truth are twisted. Not surprising, because a reckless disregard for the truth typifies the leaver philosophy. How much did you say for the Health Service, Boris?

If anyone wants to tell me what troubles them about a treaty that’s supposedly coming into force in 2020 but has in fact been in force without much controversy since 2009 and wasn’t even mentioned in the Referendum campaign, I’ll do my best to respond.
ever closer union

Really? I think he's more like his mum...

View attachment 54010

Need a lift?

Oh dear. It’s difficult not to draw an adverse inference from those comments I’m afraid. Nasty little nation. Nasty little attitudes.

Part of me wants to accept the lift, but I’m desperately needed here to confront this sort of odious nonsense, along with other right-thinking, decent people.

Ah one of those that believe in democracy as long as the result favours you. We've voted on it, end of.

If only that were correct.....a vote based on untruths and lies has no basis in democratic resolution. It might be appropriate for Zimbabwe or any number of countries who are happy to turn a blind eye to what's universally known as facts and truth, but to make categorical statements that have no basis in truth is to reinvent the democratic process to the point where we just accept what's said without a murmur.

The degree to which Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, and their vociferous apostles who had a 'win at all costs' mentality, repeated the same discredited set of lies over and over pulled the carpet from under the feet of an electorate who were split. For those who are opposed to the concept of the European Union Johnson's fibs were like music to their ears, and with the outlets of the media to help support these untruths was it any wonder that these lies took on the resemblance of actuality?

So please don't rattle on about this being over. Lies on a grand scale underpinned the referendum, if you think this should be accepted simply because it suits your opinion then I guess what you really mean is that we must ignore these lies simply because they represent an inconvenience. If that's what democracy has come to then it leaves a free field for the liars and architects of falsehoods to strengthen their grip.

If only that were correct.....a vote based on untruths and lies has no basis in democratic resolution. It might be appropriate for Zimbabwe or any number of countries who are happy to turn a blind eye to what's universally known as facts and truth, but to make categorical statements that have no basis in truth is to reinvent the democratic process to the point where we just accept what's said without a murmur.

The degree to which Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, and their vociferous apostles who had a 'win at all costs' mentality, repeated the same discredited set of lies over and over pulled the carpet from under the feet of an electorate who were split. For those who are opposed to the concept of the European Union Johnson's fibs were like music to their ears, and with the outlets of the media to help support these untruths was it any wonder that these lies took on the resemblance of actuality?

So please don't rattle on about this being over. Lies on a grand scale underpinned the referendum, if you think this should be accepted simply because it suits your opinion then I guess what you really mean is that we must ignore these lies simply because they represent an inconvenience. If that's what democracy has come to then it leaves a free field for the liars and architects of falsehoods to strengthen their grip.

Of course to remainers, everythings a lie spoken by Brexiteers IYB if it makes you feel happy.

Yes. I didn’t raise David Lammy on this thread. I responded to someone who did.

He’s not a prick. He’s an intelligent, compassionate politician. Someone else may be...

Do enlighten me as to the bollocks. Make it factual though. No Daily Mail or Brextremist lies if you can manage it. I enjoy those who have left the country telling us residents what we should do...

David Lammy. Intolerant Undemocratic Bigot. Sorry I forgot to include Marxist.
UTB

Of course to remainers, everythings a lie spoken by Brexiteers IYB if it makes you feel happy.

And it's this type of fabrication that reduces the conversation to little more than an "I know best" parry or rebuff. I mentioned the main players in the leave camp, but of course there were more evenhanded advocates supporting the 'leave' argument. I, myself, have long had a distaste for Europe's lack of accountability, yet I appreciate that supporting the reasons for building a European Council whose intentions (or at least part of the reasons) were/are based on European countries no longer going to war, amongst other crucial issues. I shy away from the idea of a United States Of Europe, which would at least stifle member countries from shaping their own fates, but I can see the flip-side in all of this that enables freedom of movement, which enables the (probably partial) disintegration of a dislike of difference, racism, and at it's root, xenophobia, for those who still cling on to the sadly missed idea of empire.

So attempting to wipe aside the confusion that surrounded all of this left me with little option than to want us to remain a part of Europe. I know all the arguments that said that a vote took place, but purrleeeze, whatever either side said, whatever facts were thrown about, whatever lies were told, it was the leave camp that really embraced the whoppers. And it was for this reason that I could never associate myself with this belief that rather than stick to the facts, it was preferable to bend any and everything. No one would care, after all, whipping up a maelstrom of fear and uncertainty concerning whether we should remain, well that was the priority for the leave camp. And whatever fallout there was from the lies, well these would be dealt with later, after the vote had taken place.

Those responsible should be held to account. The same questions need to be repeated, not allowing the supporters of leave to wipe everything they know to be true and embarrassing under the carpet. Johnson is a charlatan, someone for whom waffle and wordplay are the very thin edge of a much more worrying agenda. The fact that he supports and approves of Trump should put everyone on alert, but that's for another discussion. For now, we've been lied to, so never mind that you haven't denied this as a fact, just suggest that everyone lies and that makes it alright.

Well, you wouldn’t want to get it wrong three times when you’ve got four in you.
Alas all four are correct, you just fail to see or accept it. Having witnessed a recent rant from him I see nothing different from Tommeh! Other than ones intolerant of a religion and the others a marxist whos intolerant of anyone who doesnt agree with him.Two sides of the same coin.
Your entitled to your opinion though. Just accept so are others.

Alas all four are correct, you just fail to see or accept it. Having witnessed a recent rant from him I see nothing different from Tommeh! Other than ones intolerant of a religion and the others a marxist whos intolerant of anyone who doesnt agree with him.Two sides of the same coin.
Your entitled to your opinion though. Just accept so are others.

They are. I’m entitled to respond to those opinions. Can you give examples of his intolerance, bigotry, anti-democracy and especially Marxism? Were these qualities on show when he fought tirelessly on behalf of the Grenfell Victims?

You might want to turn your analytical skills to those actually in power in the land and the dangerous Tory hard right waiting round the corner at nightfall to ambush lame duck Mother Teresa with their long knives?

They are. I’m entitled to respond to those opinions. Can you give examples of his intolerance, bigotry, anti-democracy and especially Marxism? Were these qualities on show when he fought tirelessly on behalf of the Grenfell Victims?

You might want to turn your analytical skills to those actually in power in the land and the dangerous Tory hard right waiting round the corner at nightfall to ambush lame duck Mother Teresa with their long knives?

Intolerance. Calling anyone who disagrees with his view on Brexit a Nazi. I'm sure that there are some white supremacist types who support Brexit but to castigate anyone including Tory Politicians because they oppose his view points as Nazis is intolerance over another's viewpoint.
Bigotry. Is defined as intolerance of another's viewpoint. Straight up that one I think you'll agree.
Anti democracy. Wasn't there a vote held in 2016, Which was in favour of one of two questions. However because it was not his desired result he has worked tirelessly to over turn it.
A tactic of Marxism is to decry any opponent of the cause. Usually by ranting louder to drown out the opposition, but also to smear anyone with dirt. In these years it's usually Nazis, racists homophobes or paedophiles. Accuse someone of that and it fuels the masses. Just another form of radicalisation like most extremists on either side of the spectrum be it Gammon or snowflake.
As Robinsons vitriolwinds up his masses so does Lammy with his. Watch his recent appearance on Andrew Marr and another public appearance, Where he shouts to a crowd. Close your eyes and listen. It's like Munich 1936 again but from the other extreme.
Our only saving grace in the past was Democracy. But that is about to be sacrificed for selfish reasons. Once thats gone then we are truly doomed. Remember it's for the many and not just the few, ( or is it unless the many don't understand)? Whilst ever either end continues to denigrate the other we will never come together as communties again. Is that what you want? Accept Democracy or your'e admitting it does not matter. What hapoens the next vote in some matter and you win but because it does not serve the political class they overturn or ignore it. If they can ignore it once they can keep on ignoring it. After three years of seeing either side call the other stupid not understanding I dont expect either to suddenly go 'oh youre correct ill change my mind'. Humans dont work tjat way on the end of insults.
Grenfell was a terrible tragedy. I have no desire to make political gain over those poor souls.
No need to reply as I won't read it and it saves you typing.Besides this needs to be in another forum. UTB

May as well get used to this kind of analysis.

Nope - just say No to Sky Sports and Match of the Day.
I have done for many years - I get all I need from going to t'Lane and Blades away matches.
BoSS don't give a stuff about any other football team.

Garth Crooks has to be the worse if the lot hands down!

Some job he’s got there though. Doesn’t watch any football then Sunday night looks at results picks a keeper who got a clean sheet 4 defenders who scored, and then the 6 highest scoring offensive players and there you go team of the week and gets paid

Never understood the hate for Garth Crooks.

He's very passionate about the game and isn't afraid to say what he actually thinks instead of just serving up endless clichés and platitudes.

I could quite easily list two dozen other pundits who are worse than him.

Never understood the hate for Garth Crooks.

He's very passionate about the game and isn't afraid to say what he actually thinks instead of just serving up endless clichés and platitudes.

I could quite easily list two dozen other pundits who are worse than him.

Yeah, but by the time he's explained what he's trying to say, it's the following week and it's no longer relevant.

Intolerance. Calling anyone who disagrees with his view on Brexit a Nazi. I'm sure that there are some white supremacist types who support Brexit but to castigate anyone including Tory Politicians because they oppose his view points as Nazis is intolerance over another's viewpoint.
Bigotry. Is defined as intolerance of another's viewpoint. Straight up that one I think you'll agree.
Anti democracy. Wasn't there a vote held in 2016, Which was in favour of one of two questions. However because it was not his desired result he has worked tirelessly to over turn it.
A tactic of Marxism is to decry any opponent of the cause. Usually by ranting louder to drown out the opposition, but also to smear anyone with dirt. In these years it's usually Nazis, racists homophobes or paedophiles. Accuse someone of that and it fuels the masses. Just another form of radicalisation like most extremists on either side of the spectrum be it Gammon or snowflake.
As Robinsons vitriolwinds up his masses so does Lammy with his. Watch his recent appearance on Andrew Marr and another public appearance, Where he shouts to a crowd. Close your eyes and listen. It's like Munich 1936 again but from the other extreme.
Our only saving grace in the past was Democracy. But that is about to be sacrificed for selfish reasons. Once thats gone then we are truly doomed. Remember it's for the many and not just the few, ( or is it unless the many don't understand)? Whilst ever either end continues to denigrate the other we will never come together as communties again. Is that what you want? Accept Democracy or your'e admitting it does not matter. What hapoens the next vote in some matter and you win but because it does not serve the political class they overturn or ignore it. If they can ignore it once they can keep on ignoring it. After three years of seeing either side call the other stupid not understanding I dont expect either to suddenly go 'oh youre correct ill change my mind'. Humans dont work tjat way on the end of insults.
Grenfell was a terrible tragedy. I have no desire to make political gain over those poor souls.
No need to reply as I won't read it and it saves you typing.Besides this needs to be in another forum. UTB

The use of the term democracy often seems to imply that it's sacrosanct and shouldn't be reviewed, especially if the word has embraced lies on a scale that we've rarely witnessed. You suggest that democracy needs to be followed with religious observance, as if critical overview isn't permitted, but surely that would be undemocratic?

If I find that a decision is reached based on linguistic diversion and the corruption of facts, then what am I expected to do? Shrug my shoulders and accept a decision even though it's based on falsehoods? If nothing else, this would suggest that I slavishly accept that change is never considered, especially when the decision in question is riddled with lies and untruths. The very fundamental of democracy must be based on ensuring that it doesn't stray and become a lame, disable term. So vigilance at all times, rather than a lazy intellectual and rhetorical adherence to something that is corrosive to it's effectiveness.

No it isn't part of the British Isles. As I pointed out in my first post naming something doesn't give you ownership. Nor does it allow you to state that your name is the definitive one, remember Ayers Rock?

I have lived in Ireland and visit every year to see family. In my experience - generally speaking - the Irish in the Republic like and get on with the English in a far more friendly fashion than either the Scots or the Welsh do, however if you wish to piss them off tell them that they're living in the British Isles :)
:D Exactly. Notice that And Ireland? Proving conclusively that it wasn't part of Great Britain. :)
You know that Great Britain and the British Isles aren’t the same thing right? Ireland isn’t part of Great Britain but it is part of the British Isles. Like you say, that doesn’t make Irish people British as they don’t live in Britain, but they do live in the British Isles!
Consult Blade_in_Sydney’s excellent Venn diagram ;-)

Back
Top Bottom