The Queen has not been good for United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Since we formed in 1889, United have reached an FA Cup final in a year every other King or Queen has reigned - except for Queen Elizabeth II. This is despite the face that she has reigned for over half our existence.
We did well with Queen Victoria (who reigned until 1901), winning the Cup (in 1898-99 and losing the 1900-01 final).
With Edward VII (1901-10) we won the 1901-02 FA Cup.
The reign of King George V (1910-36) was a happy one for Blades fans, which saw us win the Cup in 1914-15 and 1924-25).
1936 was an unusual year, we had King Edward VII, who abdicated the same year, and King George VI who reigned from 1936-52. United lost the 1936 Cup Final to Arsenal.
I don't think I'm being too insensitive in saying that if we want to maintain this proud record, we need to reach the Cup Final in the next few years. Otherwise hopefully we will do better under King Charles III.

Since we formed in 1889, United have reached an FA Cup final in a year every other King or Queen has reigned - except for Queen Elizabeth II. This is despite the face that she has reigned for over half our existence.
We did well with Queen Victoria (who reigned until 1901), winning the Cup (in 1898-99 and losing the 1900-01 final).
The reign of King George V (1910-36) was a happy one for Blades fans, which saw us win the Cup in 1914-15 and 1924-25).
1936 was an unusual year, we had King Edward VII, who abdicated the same year, and King George VI who reigned from 1936-52. United lost the 1936 Cup Final to Arsenal.
I don't think I'm being too insensitive in saying that if we want to maintain this proud record, we need to reach the Cup Final in the next few years. Otherwise hopefully we will do better under King Charles III.
That's if he takes the regnal name of Charles ,he might be a George ,a Philip or a Arthur

I'm glad Edward VII resigned / left by mutual agreement, as his reign also had got us not Cup finals either.

I'm glad Edward VII resigned / left by mutual agreement, as his reign also had got us not Cup finals either.
That was a typo on my part I left a 'I' out, it was King Edward VIII who abdicated. He was King when we got to the Cup Final, we lost it so I guess things were going downhill by that stage!

That was a typo on my part I left a 'I' out, it was King Edward VIII who abdicated. He was King when we got to the Cup Final, we lost it so I guess things were going downhill by that stage!
Ah, I didn't realise the typo anyway.
Pity he left then, after a Cup Final in his first year. Maybe got lured away by a bigger country?

Better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt, that's me found out then.
Better to not post and be silent than to post a receipt with your phone number on and listen to my heavy breathing at random intervals for as long as you have that number

It's about time she pulled her weight. I reckon we sideline Hecky and stick Liz in there for a season. It's been said she's a football tactical genius

It's about time she pulled her weight. I reckon we sideline Hecky and stick Liz in there for a season. It's been said she's a football tactical genius
Why would you replace one with one that's equally as competent? :rolleyes:

That's if he takes the regnal name of Charles ,he might be a George ,a Philip or a Arthur
I remember being told at school that as King Charles 1& 2 met a sticky end he’d be unlikely to be King Charles and had already decided to be King George. Hope so, if only to piss off those who’ll manufacture naff tea towels etc hoping to cash in the moment Liz pops her clogs.

Back
Top Bottom