The Open - Fitzy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it just me or is St Andrews the most boring course to watch on the Open Rota? The winning score is going to be 20 under or lower. The modern players and equipment have made the course obsolete.

I've played it twice. Once when it was windy and once when it was calm.

When it's calm it's really not that tough a course providing you can stay away from the bunkers however when the wind blows it's a very tough course still so IMHO it's the weather rather than modern equipment that decides how difficult it will play.

On a side note I'm not really a fan of links courses full stop. Played quite a few of The Open venues and just find them bland and boring. Give me courses with loads of water any day of the week than them.

I've played it twice. Once when it was windy and once when it was calm.

When it's calm it's really not that tough a course providing you can stay away from the bunkers however when the wind blows it's a very tough course still so IMHO it's the weather rather than modern equipment that decides how difficult it will play.

On a side note I'm not really a fan of links courses full stop. Played quite a few of The Open venues and just find them bland and boring. Give me courses with loads of water any day of the week than them.
S6 should be good for that....👍😁

Back
Top Bottom