The New Manager's Attire.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bert

Reaction score
Bert was disappointed to see him dressed as if he was best man at a wedding, Bryan Robson style.

Ideally he should have been wearing a camouflage jacket, black T-shirt, jeans, gold chain and army boots, plus shaved head.

The team needs knocking in to shape.

I don't think you can go wrong with a nicely cut suit, shows a certain sartorial composure. But either way, suit or tracksuit, what I have no time for is the flip flopping between the two. A lack of consistency, I think sends mixed messages. Trackie week, players probably think they can toss it off a bit, gaffer has gone casual, particularly if he's usually suited.

I think this topic needs more research.

How dare a Sheffield United manager wear a suit

It should be mandatory to have a track suit that he's taken training in all week and that he's dropped a soggy chocolate digestive down after the dunking into his Yorkshire Tea wasn't timed properly

There'd be no shirking if he turned out like this... View attachment 118444

At half-time yesterday, I did suggest he should hand Burke a shovel, make him dig a trench in the changing room, and force the lot of them to kneel on the edge of it. Seemed more apposite at the time than ‘giving them a rocket’.

Not my finest or most politically correct hour, to be fair.

There'd be no shirking if he turned out like this... View attachment 118444

I can’t remember if that piece is from the Stone Island mass murderer or the CP company war criminal range of clothing??

In any case we shouldn’t be giving our chav’s ‘fashion’ ideas or they’ll all be wanting one, with optional tiger and unremovable blood stains

Tell Bert I reckon he should wear ...
a Stetson ... leather waistcoat with draw string tie, poncho if raining, pair of Colt six shooters with silver bullets Chapps and a pair of them Larrado cowboy boots If and when we ever score must run up the touchline shouting Yeee Haa

At half-time yesterday, I did suggest he should hand Burke a shovel, make him dig a trench in the changing room, and force the lot of them to kneel on the edge of it. Seemed more apposite at the time than ‘giving them a rocket’.

Not my finest or most politically correct hour, to be fair.
So, not so much the hairdryer treatment as complete salon package with full body wax?

I don't think you can go wrong with a nicely cut suit, shows a certain sartorial composure. But either way, suit or tracksuit, what I have no time for is the flip flopping between the two. A lack of consistency, I think sends mixed messages. Trackie week, players probably think they can toss it off a bit, gaffer has gone casual, particularly if he's usually suited.

I think this topic needs more research.
If you wear a suit at least tie the tie properly !
For me the correct attire on the side of any sporting contest is a track suit or similar

If you wear a suit at least tie the tie properly !
For me the correct attire on the side of any sporting contest is a track suit or similar
I didn't really focus on the tie. But you're right, there's no place for sloppy tie tying.

I can't really imagine Jokanovic in a tracksuit.

If he's not prepared to don Balkan Warlord attire, he should go the full Warnock, shorts and zip up cheap top.

I watched Fulham v Middlesbrough yesterday and Warnock was stood on the touchiness fully kitted out in his usual attire.

He was up to his usual tricks of shouting at the referee, getting his players revved up and was the centre of attention.

Love him or loathe him, he is now an eccentric old duffer who is still doing the same old stuff that he was doing 20/30 years ago and is still as sharp as he ever was.

He is also a rarity in modern football, a genuine character and when he finally toddles off in to the distance to drive his tractor around Cornwall, like he has been threatening to do for the last 15 years, football will be a poorer place for his absence

I watched Fulham v Middlesbrough yesterday and Warnock was stood on the touchiness fully kitted out in his usual attire.

He was up to his usual tricks of shouting at the referee, getting his players revved up and was the centre of attention.

Love him or loathe him, he is now an eccentric old duffer who is still doing the same old stuff that he was doing 20/30 years ago and is still as sharp as he ever was.

He is also a rarity in modern football, a genuine character and when he finally toddles off in to the distance to drive his tractor around Cornwall, like he has been threatening to do for the last 15 years, football will be a poorer place for his absence
Trackie bottoms round his tits.

As Bert rightly points out, if you’re spending money on a quality “whistle & flute”, you wouldn’t stand in the driving rain and let it get ruined. Either it’s a cheap one or you’re displaying profligacy which is more akin to SW6 than S2 - watch those transfer funds Princey!

That said I’m content to leave the esteemed Captains of Industry to pass sartorial judgement here as I’ve been known, when commerce demands, to traipse across a muddy field or limbo the odd barbwire fence in my suit and brogues. 😳

Should get out of that suit look and into Cloughie gear, i.e Green track suit top, Matalan bottoms.

Tell Bert I reckon he should wear ...
a Stetson ... leather waistcoat with draw string tie, poncho if raining, pair of Colt six shooters with silver bullets Chapps and a pair of them Larrado cowboy boots If and when we ever score must run up the touchline shouting Yeee Haa

Go on, own up, you’ve been watching The Hundred, haven’t you?

Back
Top Bottom