The most depressing end to a game since...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
To be winning after 97 minutes and still lose is difficult to accept! When I saw the 12 minutes of added time I would genuinely have been satisfied with a point. I would say it was the biggest 'kick in the teeth' end to a game since Aston Villa and the three goal lead we threw away. Hopefully the players will react as well to this game as they did following the Villa fiasco.

To be winning after 97 minutes and still lose is difficult to accept! When I saw the 12 minutes of added time I would genuinely have been satisfied with a point. I would say it was the biggest 'kick in the teeth' end to a game since Aston Villa and the three goal lead we threw away. Hopefully the players will react as well to this game as they did following the Villa fiasco.
Hope you are right 🤞

Can't agree with the depressing bit too many positives to think that ! Just frustrating in a big way.

Seem to recall a game I was listening to as I arrived home in car versus Spurs. It was approaching last couple of minutes we were losing 1-0.
by the time I got in and switch radio on we were winning 2-1.

Or was it other wat around?

Lets not get to down we were brilliant yesterday loads of plus points .Every player gave 100 % and we scared them to death .just a pity we had a idiot of a ref . Even Spurs fans thought he was a dick head .He should be removed from the list .When both set of fans think he was garbage it must be right .I wonder who the next idiot in black will be?

Lets not get to down we were brilliant yesterday loads of plus points .Every player gave 100 % and we scared them to death .just a pity we had a idiot of a ref . Even Spurs fans thought he was a dick head .He should be removed from the list .When both set of fans think he was garbage it must be right .I wonder who the next idiot in black will be?
I always believe blaming the ref. is going a lot Sheffield Wedne****fied.🤢

Lets not get to down we were brilliant yesterday loads of plus points .Every player gave 100 % and we scared them to death .just a pity we had an idiot of a ref . Even Spurs fans thought he was a dick head .He should be removed from the list .When both set of fans think he was garbage it must be right .I wonder who the next idiot in black will be?
Aye
But even given that it wasn’t the referee that failed to deal with a routine lofted ball into 6 yard box (again; again; again…) or failed to adequately (hoof) clear in a position of absolutely no threat

Last edited:
Aye
But even given that it wasn’t the referee that failed to deal with a routine lofted ball into 6 yard box (again; again; again…) or failed to adequately (hoof) clear in a position of absolutely no threat
I am not blaming the ref for the result i am accusing him of being useless doing his job that he is paid for .The only thing he was good at was being inconsistent . dishing out cards for no reason what so ever . The only dangerous foul was on our goalie who needed stitches after being given a elbow just below his eye .A foul which went unpunished but our striker got a yellow card for saying his shirt was being pulled . The man was either an idiot or was bias either way he wants stopping.He is not fit for purpose .

I always believe blaming the ref. is going a lot Sheffield Wedne****fied.🤢
I am not blaming the ref for the result i am saying his performance was shocking . The worse performance on the pitch by a country mile . Our goalie gets an elbow in his eye which needed stitches which the spurs player did not even get a talking to . Maddison was in the refs earhole all the match our man told the ref his shirt was getting pulled and got a red card . Yes very consistent I dont think .

I am not blaming the ref for the result i am accusing him of being useless doing his job that he is paid for .The only thing he was good at was being inconsistent . dishing out cards for no reason what so ever . The only dangerous foul was on our goalie who needed stitches after being given an elbow just below his eye .A foul which went unpunished but our striker got a yellow card for saying his shirt was being pulled . The man was either an idiot or was bias either way he wants stopping.He is not fit for purpose .
Wasn’t / not disagreeing:- my point was / is there’s fuck all we can do about officials - we could (‘should’) have had (at least) a point irrespective, albeit he could / should have awarded them a penalty.
seeing as both sets of fans thought he was shit it’s hard to progress an argument for “bias”
I’m going with (extremely) inept & incompetent

With the new ridiculous added time we have to consider if we want to do it we have to have immense discipline in mental and physical control.

Wasn’t / not disagreeing:- my point was / is there’s fuck all we can do about officials - we could (‘should’) have had (at least) a point irrespective, albeit he could / should have awarded them a penalty.
seeing as both sets of fans thought he was shit it’s hard to progress an argument for “bias”
I’m going with (extremely) inept & incompetent
Yes i can go along with that . I rate him just above the idiot who awarded a pen to Liverpool at the Lane because our defender THOUGHT about fouling Gerrard . We did not realize he was a bloody mind reader . The sport is getting spoiled due to inconsistent refs and those who protect them . Our keeper gets a forearm smash to his left eye which needed stitches after the match and the spurs player did not get a talking to never mind a card our man gets sent off for telling this idiot his shirt is getting pulled.

Yes i can go along with that . I rate him just above the idiot who awarded a pen to Liverpool at the Lane because our defender THOUGHT about fouling Gerrard . We did not realize he was a bloody mind reader . The sport is getting spoiled due to inconsistent refs and those who protect them . Our keeper gets a forearm smash to his left eye which needed stitches after the match and the spurs player did not get a talking to never mind a card our man gets sent off for telling this idiot his shirt is getting pulled.
That guy was booked for the challenge on Foderingham.

I was wondering if it was the 2–1 defeat where we were winning going into the 90th minute and they only signalled 2 mins added time !

I had it on the radio and went to the toilet. I came down and we scored and I was going mental, jumping round the room. There’s nothing like a last minute equaliser. It’s wasn’t the equaliser though, it was the winner, I’d missed the equaliser while at the toilet. Queue even more jumping around the room.

If larouci had booted it in the stand, and Anel booted it long we might have had two more points, but we'll never know

Back
Top Bottom