The Local Media ie Star - Are They In The Know or Blagging It

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bucksblade

Reaction score
Considering the blades are in countdown to first match of season, does anyone elese find the local rag is so frustrating.
No news of any value is the Stars result day after day with their articles.
Every few days they run a smoke and mirrors article about Ramsdale and regurgitate the same old rubbish but
dress it up as some startling revelation about Ars ends tactics to snare him.

Ramsdale may be lured by big bucks to play same role as Henderson at Man U ie watch most games this season
from the bench while the media stir up the performance of clubs No 1 keeper who as far as i know has not confirmed he is
going anywhere. They get rich but lose credibility in my opinion playing second fiddle for the season ahead.

According to several reports less than £30m, + £30m or is it £35m is enough to interest board.
Titter experts and Futball media are just as bad, basically all made up and nobody is giving anything away.

The manager should look to deal with Chelsea and loans possibilities and inform Arsends to foxtrot oscar and go and sniff
around West Broms keeper to keep bench warm over coming season.

Meanwhile if the Star has anything concrete to report please do so and stop feeding useless articles about nothing.

It's like we've had no juicy insider info since around March.

I mean it’s crap isn’t it but in their defence there is literally nothing happening and they have to fill at least an inch every single day.

If they didn’t bother and didn’t put a single word about the blades then there would be a thread complaining about the day they didn’t write a single piece about the blades..

You could start your own Blades story. Just go into rumour mill and suggest that, say, Arsenal are in for Berge and Ramsdale as a double signing, say something like "thats the hold up with the Ramsdale deal" they want berge too but the valuations are miles apart..

Somebody from a news organasition will run the story.

To give it more weight you can say a mate in the know told you, but you were supposed to have kept it quiet..

Considering the blades are in countdown to first match of season, does anyone elese find the local rag is so frustrating.
No news of any value is the Stars result day after day with their articles.
Every few days they run a smoke and mirrors article about Ramsdale and regurgitate the same old rubbish but
dress it up as some startling revelation about Ars ends tactics to snare him.

Ramsdale may be lured by big bucks to play same role as Henderson at Man U ie watch most games this season
from the bench while the media stir up the performance of clubs No 1 keeper who as far as i know has not confirmed he is
going anywhere. They get rich but lose credibility in my opinion playing second fiddle for the season ahead.

According to several reports less than £30m, + £30m or is it £35m is enough to interest board.
Titter experts and Futball media are just as bad, basically all made up and nobody is giving anything away.

The manager should look to deal with Chelsea and loans possibilities and inform Arsends to foxtrot oscar and go and sniff
around West Broms keeper to keep bench warm over coming season.

Meanwhile if the Star has anything concrete to report please do so and stop feeding useless articles about nothing.
Pig rag paper' but AR says he wants to stay at the lane is a load of brown stuff. I don't know why sufc fans think he's an exceptional keeper if sufc could recoup the money and wages we paid Bournemouth and AR wages would be brilliant business

The Star's just trying to mine a few clicks from the wider transfer gossip obsessed nob head football community. God knows it must have realised over the years that most local readers have learned not to bother with it anymore but theres a few quid to be made from the endless football blogs and their users.

Put out the same article every few days about the "big" transfer rumour. Play around with the wording so it seems different when in fact its exactly the same as the first one you put out. Sprinkle in a bit of wild conjecture if web traffic is dipping. Inevitably one of the many transfer blogs written by some chump with willfully bad reading comprehension will pick it up and misreport it and include a link to the star to seem "legit". Then some poor sod will click it and the star gets a bit more traffic for its ads.

Example, yesterday some blog reports that arsenal are preparing a 40 mill bid for ramsdale and cite the Star as their source. The Star article says bugger all about arsenal preparing a bid but they do mention 40 million, a figure they themselves seems to have plucked from thin air. Everyone loses.

As far as I was aware, they was some form of argument between the club and the star. So they don’t get the info they used too, but if they report it it’s basically fact as they are only told what the club wants them to know. So I would guess most of their articles are rewrites of other rumours till something concrete arises

Yesterday's news I have not read it since they stopped publishing Green Un.website is crap as well.

The examiner is the same though, I get their daily emails and there's very rarely any new news, mainly the same stories wrapped in different paper. 🤷‍♂️

You could start your own Blades story. Just go into rumour mill and suggest that, say, Arsenal are in for Berge and Ramsdale as a double signing, say something like "thats the hold up with the Ramsdale deal" they want berge too but the valuations are miles apart..

Somebody from a news organasition will run the story.

To give it more weight you can say a mate in the know told you, but you were supposed to have kept it quiet..
I hope to fuck they don't read any of born a blades posts then

The best use of newspaper by far was to wrap chips in. Must have been the way the vinegar interacted with the ink! 😋
No,no,no Gaini, the bestest use was to wipe your backside on an action photo or player from the snortbeasts.

I remember it well having to wipe your arse with newspaper. my brother always made sure ought to do with wendy he wipes his with.
then along came the izal bog rolls. one side smooth and the other side like sandpaper.

Back
Top Bottom