The loans.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

True, but do we risk waiting and missing out on the likes of Diallo or Palmer only for McAtee to end up going elsewhere
Not at all, sorry was suggesting his status rather than us waiting for it. Having said that we will wait until the last minute for a uk loan I’m sure, think PH even said so.

Now the players who are available are ones who have been made available where as closer to the deadline you tend to pick up those last minute changes of heart who are of a higher quality

O’Brien more likely think it may be one or the other with these as quite similar. If I had to put money on it I think the other will be more McAtee like so that brings the Chelsea lad into it if McAtee is unavailable.
Think O’Brien is an achievable permanent transfer so wouldn’t that make him a waste of a loan?

Worth nothing that forest played a massive roll of the dice last year and must be shitting bricks with regards to ffp

The way some clubs have stockpiled players, there may well be some really good, experienced players without squad places who become available right at the end of the transfer window
This happens every season. The best options aren’t available until the season is either about to start or possibly later. Ie once both the player and the team know who is and isn’t in the plans post recruitment. There will be several good options if we have the nerve to wait.
Of course for any perms we’d also need the budget and any targets would need to have realistic Championship wage demands which they may not have in their current deals ie O’Brien. We’ve got a wee while to wait before we can really judge this window or our realistic chances of staying up.

Last edited:
As Flatulent_Bob points out and Darren Smith mentioned on blades ramble, any loan signings will likely not be completed until the end of the window.

We will have made numerous, tentative enquiries, but the state of play will likely only become clear towards the end of the window, as squads are named, and players posture for more regular football.

I expect there to be dozens of names on the shortlist, and whoever we bring in will be opportunistic, and dependant on the gaps we were unable to fill with permanent deals

Arguably the most important position(s) on the pitch is the midfield....and I would say that is where we are weakest. I don't think two midfielders are enough.
In my opinion we only have one real starter - Berge. Anis may come good, but its early and we don't really know what we have. We need three - LM, DM and AM. Am I wrong?

Arguably the most important position(s) on the pitch is the midfield....and I would say that is where we are weakest. I don't think two midfielders are enough.
In my opinion we only have one real starter - Berge. Anis may come good, but its early and we don't really know what we have. We need three - LM, DM and AM. Am I wrong?
you may not be wrong think doyle and obrien are our 2 main midfielders we want to bring in but agree a strong physical defensive midfielder wouldnt go amiss and something i think we need in the premier league

you may not be wrong think doyle and obrien are our 2 main midfielders we want to bring in but agree a strong physical defensive midfielder wouldnt go amiss and something i think we need in the premier league
Surely with Obrien you try to tie up a perm unless Forest are being unreasonable, but you’d suspect they want to move him out.
There’s got to be a cheap deal to be done here.

Surely with Obrien you try to tie up a perm unless Forest are being unreasonable, but you’d suspect they want to move him out.
There’s got to be a cheap deal to be done here.
maybe depending on forests asking price but cant honestly see them doing us any favours could still be a loan with a view to buy could be same deal for both obrien and doyle

maybe depending on forests asking price but cant honestly see them doing us any favours could still be a loan with a view to buy could be same deal for both obrien and doyle
Honestly? Fuck em then, there’s plenty of alternatives for a season. Leave them holding the FFP and talk the following summer if they can’t see the mutual benefit of doubt a deal.
Him, Doyle and Berge on a new deal would give us a great midfield for the following season.

Honestly? Fuck em then, there’s plenty of alternatives for a season. Leave them holding the FFP and talk the following summer if they can’t see the mutual benefit of doubt a deal.
Him, Doyle and Berge on a new deal would give us a great midfield for the following season.
Would be a great flat three. I think we would need one more midfielder that can play in the attacking role.

Would be a great flat three. I think we would need one more midfielder that can play in the attacking role.
think slimane could be the am alternative he has played that role but have to agree berge doyle and obrien would be a very good 3 in midfield think it could be the last week of the window before we see any movement on doyle and obrien

I also think we need at least 3 midfielders

3 from Doyle, Smallbone, OBrien, Field and Yokuslu would be great
have we had any reported interest in smallbone because i havent seen any or is he just your prefered choice in there ?

Arsenal have signed Rice and are obviously trying to sign Caicedo so you’d assume there might be some midfielders needing game time Lokonga or Smith-Rowe on loan would be real top acquisitions.
Lokonga is plausible, but no way is ESR going anywhere. He's 100% in their plans

Wouldn’t mind Charlie Patino
Would need to be a permanent I think he’s openly stated he wants out to get first team football and start his career rather than going on loan and Arsenal have apparently agreed to let him go. I’d like him here as well.

Back
Top Bottom