The last few weeks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Benitachel

Reaction score
Well it is Saturday night. Coming on here is asking for trouble but here goes. I thought we played badly today and I was not expecting us to get anything out of the game. For the last few games we have either got lucky or we have disappointed. Winning against Preston and Swansea was good but we didn’t deserve to. Against Brum , QPR and today at Stoke we never looked like winning. My point is we were over confident and not realistic. Of course we are a better team without the injuries but even with a full strength team we would be rock bottom of the PL with zero points. I do not see a solution unless we have an owner willing to invest and a manager who is able to read the game like Guardiola. It’s not going to happen so I will just have to keep shouting at the tv and remind myself that this is what being a Blade is always like. I first went to BL in 1953. Still a Blade and always will be.

My point is we were over confident and not realistic.

The irony of course being that it's not realistic to suggest we've been over-confident in any of the games you've mentioned.

a manager who is able to read the game like Guardiola.

fetchimage

Image if we were only second in the Championship.

Samaritan's would be overwhelmed.

Not sure how you can we didn't deserve to win against Preston and Swansea. They both had good spells, but we took our chances when they came.
Against Brum we were much the better team in the first half, admittedly we then scored against the run of play in the 2nd, but they then took control and ultimately deserved the draw.
Regarding QPR and Stoke, I think most of us would agree.

You can't play every team off the park in this league, but considering that we are running with almost 1/3 of our senior squad out injured, we are doing incredibly well, and deserve to be where we are.

Well it is Saturday night. Coming on here is asking for trouble but here goes. I thought we played badly today and I was not expecting us to get anything out of the game. For the last few games we have either got lucky or we have disappointed. Winning against Preston and Swansea was good but we didn’t deserve to. Against Brum , QPR and today at Stoke we never looked like winning. My point is we were over confident and not realistic. Of course we are a better team without the injuries but even with a full strength team we would be rock bottom of the PL with zero points. I do not see a solution unless we have an owner willing to invest and a manager who is able to read the game like Guardiola. It’s not going to happen so I will just have to keep shouting at the tv and remind myself that this is what being a Blade is always like. I first went to BL in 1953. Still a Blade and always will be.

Wow..another attention seeker.

Just look at the table, that proves we’ve had the best results in the league.
If you think we‘ve been lucky, then look at the shots, corners and possesion stats which show we dominate in almost every game.
You can even look at the XG charts which talks about quality of chances, again it shows we are one of the best teams in this league.

Then when you consider we’ve done all this having the most injuries in the league then we’ve done impressively well.
Arguably our best attacking weapon in Ahmedhodzic, we’ve won almost every time he’s played and are still unbeaten with Anel in the side.

Still feeling very confident, when our players are back we’re the best squad in the league, the only worry is constant bad luck with injuries.

Its all about the next few weeks ,yesterdays games are bygones.

Not sure how you can we didn't deserve to win against Preston and Swansea. They both had good spells, but we took our chances when they came.
Against Brum we were much the better team in the first half, admittedly we then scored against the run of play in the 2nd, but they then took control and ultimately deserved the draw.
Regarding QPR and Stoke, I think most of us would agree.

You can't play every team off the park in this league, but considering that we are running with almost 1/3 of our senior squad out injured, we are doing incredibly well, and deserve to be where we are.
Last couple of games we haven't taken our chances when they've come. Before the break we were.

N'Diaye twice had game defining efforts. Slalomed through the QPT defence. Had a clear sight to slide in the corner and put wide. In all likelihood we win that game 1-0 or by more. Same yesterday. He hits the inside of the post and it's 2-1 and their game changed entirely. The 3-1 flattered them. At the point they counterattack we were the ones pressing despite having half the youth team on the field.

But we need to play better to make sure the margins are not so fine.

We absolutely need Anel back next game.

There is no excuse with a clear week for a handful not to be back in contention.

Back
Top Bottom