The impossible last night was done...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lmaobob

Wind Up Merchant
Reaction score
Our professional football players managed to play 4 at the back and looked pretty damn good! Considering this was classed as IMPOSSIBLE by a lot of fans as Hecky signed them 'only play 5 at the back' - this truly is a revelation.

I for one could not believe our professional footballers were capable of playing a 4 at the back, I thought playing 5 at the back (with overlapping centre backs of course) was something they have only been able to do since they were a nipper at Under 8 level. Wilder truly is a miracle worker.

Best thing was that we looked better for it too.

Very impressed in particular with Trusty at left back. Clearly its taken Wilder to step away and look at things for what they are and make the necessary changes. Some no nonsense defending too, not afraid to stick the ball in the stands, especially after some of the rotten individual errors that we've seen.

Aside from Wes and Robinson, they aren't his players so has, like before, seemed to be trying to find a way to play that suits them - which isn't 3-5-2 with overlapping centre backs and tippy tappy passing.

We lost but we expected nothing else but at least we looked a bit more solid

My overriding observation is we looked like "a team", all the players sticking to their task, working for each other.
Should be normal really but that's what we've been lacking for ages.

Thought we looked like an above average Championship side playing Liverpool in the cup last night.
Where as in every other match this season, we've always looked like individuals who have just met up.
So we still aren't near PL level but at least it bodes well for next season if we are relegated.
It's a very promising start, play like that and we'll still be relegated but will start picking up points.

Back
Top Bottom