The corner has been turned

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Last 8ish games we’ve been a decent competitive football team again. It was always going to take time to repair the damage, but we’re now on the road to recovery.

The proper blades with a brain and eyes stood and sand Chris wilders name for 5 minutes after the game today. No other manager could do what he’s doing.

Idiots that hold a grudge and can’t see past the end of your own nose go and cry about it. Argue with yourselves.

Last 8ish games we’ve been a decent competitive football team again. It was always going to take time to repair the damage, but we’re now on the road to recovery.

The proper blades with a brain and eyes stood and sand Chris wilders name for 5 minutes after the game today. No other manager could do what he’s doing.

Idiots that hold a grudge and can’t see past the end of your own nose go and cry about it. Argue with yourselves.
This attitude is the reason we haven’t won a carrot in most people’s lifetimes. Let’s keep clapping despite the current shit show being served up by a manager who’s completely out of his depth.

Last 6 and last 10 form table we are bottom, don’t make stuff up!

Everyone in the ground was massively behind him.

Just the usual 10 posters on here.

Done a great job today and all the players did too.

Let me state some facts.

Under Hecky we only conceded 4+ goals in 3 games.

That also included 3 close losses to man city, man utd and Tottenham 2-1 where we fell in the dying moments.

Wilder has already been tonked by conceding 4+ goals in 6 games.

Not saying Wilder is worse or better than Hecky but to say a corner has been turned is purely fantasy and recency bias.

(Hecky also didn't have BBD which has increased our attacking threat considerably)

Like I said the proof will be in the pudding next season... but to say we've definitely turned a corner is wishful thinking at best.

Any comment on his continued picking of the worst keeper ever to wear a Blades shirt? If he'd brought Wes back much sooner we'd be within touching distance of Luton! Oh and don't mention his continued love affair with Norwood, exactly how many goals in how many minutes have we conceded when he's been subbed on ?

Now he's not had it easy but I don't see us being any better with him at the helm as Hecky

This attitude is the reason we haven’t won a carrot in most people’s lifetimes. Let’s keep clapping despite the current shit show being served up by a manager who’s completely out of his depth.
Right on time 😂

Let me state some facts.

That also included 3 close losses to man city, man utd and Tottenham 2-1 where we fell in the dying moments.

Not saying Wilder is worse or better than Hecky but to say a corner has been turned is purely fantasy and recency bias.

(Hecky also didn't have BBD which has increased our attacking threat considerably)

Like I said the proof will be in the pudding next season... but to say we've definitely turned a corner is wishful thinking at best.
You’re not sure if Wilde is better than Hecky. You cannot write this with a straight face 😂

Didn’t this manager take a mid table L1 team to 9th in premier league? We’d be in L2 without him. He’s not to blame for this season, Diaz has been great since coming in. He had to buy a keeper as Wes was making mistakes and wasn’t signing a new deal!

I think we can all agree on player quality we are rightly bottom. The past 6 games we have at least shown attacking intent and some desire until we run out of steam at 70 mins.

The player quality issues is 75% the owner and 25% poor use of recruitment funds.

Any comment on his continued picking of the worst keeper ever to wear a Blades shirt? If he'd brought Wes back much sooner we'd be within touching distance of Luton! Oh and don't mention his continued love affair with Norwood, exactly how many goals in how many minutes have we conceded when he's been subbed on ?

Now he's not had it easy but I don't see us being any better with him at the helm as Hecky
😂😂😂😂

I can't say we've been any different since he replaced Hecky.

With Hecky we defended better but never looked like scoring.

With Wilder it's the polar opposite.

He made some good decisions today, dropping T-Rex and making Arblaster Captain were good decisions.

Bringing the immobile Norwood in next to the largely immobile Souza wasn't.

We played well tonight, and I enjoyed the game. But we conceded 4 again, and look leggy after 70 minutes.

Not sure anyone can get a tune out of some of these players

I bet a fair few managers with that side could concede 4 every game with the odd 5 and 6 thrown in , and pick up 1 win in 10 against a team that finished season before below us and were relegation favourites before season

Let me state some facts.

Hecky didn't have Grbic also, that's a massive advantage

Didn’t this manager take a mid table L1 team to 9th in premier league? We’d be in L2 without him. He’s not to blame for this season, Diaz has been great since coming in. He had to buy a keeper as Wes was making mistakes and wasn’t signing a new deal!
Hopefully Wes will sign a new deal. But Wes isn't out on a limb , none of the out of contract players will sign the new deal. I know we've been told it's a super duper new deal & we don't want some to stay. But we want some of them to stay. Even these won't sign it. So it can't be as super duper as we've been told.

I can't say we've been any different since he replaced Hecky.

With Hecky we defended better but never looked like scoring.

With Wilder it's the polar opposite.

He made some good decisions today, dropping T-Rex and making Arblaster Captain were good decisions.

Bringing the immobile Norwood in next to the largely immobile Souza wasn't.

We played well tonight, and I enjoyed the game. But we conceded 4 again, and look leggy after 70 minutes.

Not sure anyone can get a tune out of some of these players
Souza went to right side of a 3 😂

Our promotion seasons and 9th in the prem is the best most people will have seen in their lifetimes.
The miserable, glass half full of acid, clowns are even worse.

I do think we picked up with BBD joining for sure.

Wouldn't say we are corner turning yet and with so many contracts up in the summer it's kind of a waiting period

Let me state some facts.

We are better going forward under Wilder (happy to be proven wrong) but I think that in itself exposes are already dreadful defence to more attacks and pressure. Add in a robotic goalkeeper (I think Wes saves a few goals he conceded) and that equals some tonkings. You mention BBD, well who brought him in? Fact is under Hecky we didnt look remotely like scoring, he deliberately went defensive - playing 5 at the back and two sitting, hence smaller defeats and less conceded. Wilder has at least played a more ttacking style (again happy to be corrected). Does it absolve him from some of the players he picks, his subs etc? No.

We've definitely looked better performance-wise under Wilder, and have more points per game to show for it. I think the last 8 games or so have been the best spell of the season, and we should definitely have more points than we have.

We're much better going forward and score roughly half a goal more per game (0.79 Hecky vs 1.22 Wilder)

Defensively not much has changed at all, in fact we have conceded slightly more goals (2.79 Hecky vs 2.94 Wilder). This is a negligible difference anyway which is probably more down to the change in goalkeeper than anything. If Grbic had saved just three (and the stats suggest he should have saved many more than that), then Wilder would have actually improved the defensive record as well.

It would be interesting to see what the xG stats are, which probably tell a better story.

We gave one of the biggest clubs in the world a huge scare.
Going forward we look brave and sharp again. This is far away from a Wilder team player-wise but the attitude and desire is almost back.
Only certain types of fans can deny that.

We've definitely looked better performance-wise under Wilder, and have more points per game to show for it. I think the last 8 games or so have been the best spell of the season, and we should definitely have more points than we have.

We're much better going forward and score roughly half a goal more per game (0.79 Hecky vs 1.22 Wilder)

Defensively not much has changed at all, in fact we have conceded slightly more goals (2.79 Hecky vs 2.94 Wilder). This is a negligible difference anyway which is probably more down to the change in goalkeeper than anything. If Grbic had saved just three (and the stats suggest he should have saved many more than that), then Wilder would have actually improved the defensive record as well.

It would be interesting to see what the xG stats are, which probably tell a better story.
I appreciate a sunny outlook as much as the next optimist but I'm afraid that anyone who thinks things are really any better, post managerial change, is exhibiting worrying Wednesdayesque tendencies.

The only metric that mattered was the goals conceded column and that, as you have pointed out, has not only got worse (Hecky's included the infamous Newcastle game) but we look even more like conceding now than ever.

Last night I was actually laughing the laugh of the damned because every single time Manchester United attacked it looked like they would score. In fact, had Foderingham not been on top form we would have conceded at least four goals in the first half alone,.

You cannot expect to pick up points with such abysmal, statuesque defending which is, without question, the worst I've ever seen from a professional club, not only at this level, but probably any level. This means the whole team, by the way, not just the back line and Souza.

It's ludicrous to say that the players we have, as slow and shell-shocked as they are, could not have been better drilled. There are literally dozens of coaches in Europe who would have made a much better job of that and at least given us a chance in games.

And yes, we do look like we have a little more purpose when we move forward in the 20% of time we actually have the ball, which is very welcome, but completely futile when it's at the expense of keeping the ball out of our own net. Of course, a large part of the forward improvement, most of it, is down to Brereton-Diaz, who won't be with us next season.

I'd like to see our xG too. It must be horrendous.

Back
Top Bottom