The Big Interview - Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don't have a bad word to say about the manager comes across excellent in interviews ,Maybe my only gripe is him not making subs earlier when everyone can see we need to change it

A smart bloke and a brilliant manager. When he eventually moves on from us, he will have no shortage of work.
I think alot of our fans don't see it that way. Because he's had good players at his disposal last two season in champ.

But he's also shown he can keep things going with stuff going on behind the scenes.

Spoke to rob page around start of the season just as we were selling Berge. He was saying job he's done here has deffo made other clubs take notice if he was to leave or be sacked.

Doesn't talk in clichés, sensationalism or hyperbole. Doesn't dig out his own players in the media. Clearly has the backing of his players and the powers above him. During the shitshow of the training ground upgrades and transfer embargo - he likely suffered in silence and made sure the players weren't effected by any of it.

Above all, he's an emotionally intelligent bloke who doesn't get too up or down and exudes calm. He's been the right person at the right time and that should remain until at least October 2024.

My only gripe is that in the football world of international players, coaches and managers we have someone called Heckingbottom and he's from Barnsley, other than that I really like him .

My missus likes him because he's got a good name and he's quite a good looking bloke apparently

If you have a Sky subscription or the Sky Go app you can watch the interview here:

My only gripe is that in the football world of international players, coaches and managers we have someone called Heckingbottom and he's from Barnsley, other than that I really like him .
Ironically, they are two of the reasons why I like him! He's really "grounded", he's clearly got a functioning brain (not a given in football!!), and he manages and supports his players in a way that perhaps all managers should do.

Back
Top Bottom