The BBC’s pre-match montage (SUFC vs Spurs)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not as good as that one they did on Match of The Day when we played Man Utd in November 2019.

Can anybody find it?

Apologies if was posted elsewhere, but deserves a separate thread for those who attended the game in person and may have missed it.

Conjures up all sorts of emotions for me and fellow Blades. A special club and a special night.

UTB

Annies song really is a top song

They should play the original version before every game intead of about 10 seconds

Apologies if was posted elsewhere, but deserves a separate thread for those who attended the game in person and may have missed it.

Conjures up all sorts of emotions for me and fellow Blades. A special club and a special night.

UTB

Quality. Went to the game but watched back on the BBC iplayer to see this sort of thing on the pre match build up.

A true Blade would have watched the intro on their phone while walking into the ground, pfft, part-timers.

Thought it gave a depressing view of Sheffield.
Why depressing?
The manufacturing of steel is what Sheffield was built on and brought about hundreds of other jobs through the use of the steel with the manufacturing of hand tools, cutting tools and precision equipment.
Something Sheffield folk should be rightly proud of.
What would you suggest the BBC should have highlighted? Certainly nothing in the city now that shows Sheffield in a decent light.

UTB

Typical BBC nothing in there showing the old lady and the bigger better and classier club in Sheffield. Disgraceful

from a Man City fan

Thought it gave a depressing view of Sheffield.

Kinda have to agree.
It makes Sheffield look a bit backwards.

Here is old Sheffield, you know the one that had jobs and industry.

Now here is Sheffield today. Here, have a shot of a 30 year old shopping centre to show how Sheffield is "with the times" and chuck a few fountains in there too to make it look pretty.

The song is great though, obviously. The first part of the video though, nah. Cringe mode.

Why depressing?
The manufacturing of steel is what Sheffield was built on and brought about hundreds of other jobs through the use of the steel with the manufacturing of hand tools, cutting tools and precision equipment.
What would you suggest the BBC should have highlighted? Certainly nothing in the city now that shows Sheffield in a decent light.
They did show the train leaving the station

Why depressing?
Just appeared to show what southerners think of Sheffield just a manufacturing city I was expecting the full Monty strippers to come on

UTB

They fucking ruined it when some bint introduced the program as 'Sheffield Vs Spurs'.

Why depressing?
Agreed,. Alternatively we could have had

Loads of pissed up students wandering eccy road - a genuinely important part of the city economy these days
We got a shot of meadowhall IIRC
A moody shot of the manpower services building doesn't quite carry the same emotive sense as a steel works does it? Although government functions is also a big play in the income of the city these days

Why depressing?

Fucking too right.

50% of my genetics are in steel rolling, armaments, file cutting, tool making, coal mining, graft, servitude and prostitution (probably)

It's all about where I was born!

pommpey

UTB

Most shameless like whoring I've ever seen 😂😂😂

Gash...
Beavis-and-Butt-Head-fire-tragedy.jpg

UTB

Lovely that, cheers for sharing

Back
Top Bottom