The annual writing off of William Sharp Esq

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If you had the chance to knock 10 years off Billy, Didz or Bash who would you choose to make younger?

Didz, cos we've had him for the shortest amount of time out of the three.

Also, I feel both Sharp and Bash have improved with age. Take em back 10 years and they'd be half the players they are now. Whereas Didzy has always had the toolkit available to him.

sharp and burke will be on the bench more often than not imo but both could still be vital for us coming on for the last 20 minutes
I can just imagine the feeling the opposition will have next season.

“They’re bringing McBurnie off.”
”Who for?”
”Sharp.”
”Oh Christ on a bike, really? That’s us fucked then.”

Billy Sharp scores goals.

I can just imagine the feeling the opposition will have next season.

“They’re bringing McBurnie off.”
”Who for?”
”Sharp.”
”Oh Christ on a bike, really? That’s us fucked then.”

Billy Sharp scores goals.
can still see him getting 10 to 12 goals even from off the subs bench far inferior defenders at this level

Create chances and play him and there’s still nobody better.

Be interesting to see who Slav puts his faith in up top with the options available to him when all fit.

I have my suspicions 😉.

UTB

He has got a lot mileage on the clock, and for the last 2 or 3 years it has felt like he is going in to every season coming up to being close to being on his last legs but he always seems to come back looking fitter and stronger.

His career won’t last forever but I can still see him playing a role for United over the next 2 or 3 years although his game time will drop off. He will still score goals, especially from the bench. I can remember Kevin Phillips still being a master poacher right up until his 40s, and Sharp has got it in him to do that, and then he should be afforded the opportunity to leave the stage on his own terms. rightfully a club legend

Club legends like Billy Sharp don’t come round very often so let’s just enjoy him whilst he can

I love Billy, but it's clear that he wasn't good enough for the prem. Incredible striker in his day in the champ though, I'm hoping he has a few more of his days this season and wouldn't be suprised if he does. What a legend!

if slav decides to keep burke he could be great for us coming off the bench for the last 20 would run tiring defenders ragged
If we're collecting balls to take home for the kids, agreed. :D

It’s great that he is but at the same time sad that none of our super club record breaking fee players are even trying to challenge for his shirt.
If Wilder had shown a bit more faith in his proven and undoubted abilities …………

I guess we will never know !

Said it before. And now. Has been badly handled.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom