That yesterday was pathetic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
For a team to lose to Arsenal is fine, especially away. To lose by a margin is fine too. But another battering to a side who’ve not been made to come out of first gear is pathetic.

We didn’t make life difficult for them at all, didn’t get in their faces, tried to wind up the crowd. Nothing. It was like a friendly. Unacceptable.

We are good at nothing. Nothing at all.

He has to go, not to keep us up but to get someone in who might actually have an idea how to win a game at this level. That’s got to be the aim for the season now.

For a team to lose to Arsenal is fine, especially away. To lose by a margin is fine too. But another battering to a side who’ve not been made to come out of first gear is pathetic.

We didn’t make life difficult for them at all, didn’t get in their faces, tried to wind up the crowd. Nothing. It was like a friendly. Unacceptable.

He has to go, not to keep us up but to get someone in who might actually have an idea how to win a game at this level. That’s got to be the aim for the season now.
Was like we’d conceded game before a ball was kicked.

Undoubtedly we were always going to lose most games this season, such piss poor management and investment, but it’s the lack of any plan, lack of pride or even the ability to pass a ball 2 yards, mistake after mistake.
Changing managers would not see off relegation, it would not see us win loads more games but what it might do is give us a team, a plan and some pride to take into next season or we can keep spiralling with Hecky

Undoubtedly we were always going to lose most games this season, such piss poor management and investment, but it’s the lack of any plan, lack of pride or even the ability to pass a ball 2 yards, mistake after mistake.
Changing managers would not see off relegation, it would not see us win loads more games but what it might do is give us a team, a plan and some pride to take into next season or we can keep spiralling with Hecky
We need to plan for next season now. If a change is needed we need to plan that now and not bury our heads in the sand thinking all will be ok.confidence is gone and we appear to be playing with no method or ability. Conveding over two goals a game is not acceptable amd having limited arracking prowess makes things worse.
Unfortunately, it looks like the current manager is out of ideas.

Teams that go down in this fashion don't just suddenly get their confidence back and start winning games the next season, even if the level of opposition is much lower.

Need to at least finish this season in some sort of form or it'll be another dogfight next year at the wrong end of the Championship.

How we do that...? Buggered if I know but it can't go on like this.

Teams that go down in this fashion don't just suddenly get their confidence back and start winning games the next season, even if the level of opposition is much lower.

Need to at least finish this season in some sort of form or it'll be another dogfight next year at the wrong end of the Championship.

Absolutely right, you go up with a swagger and confidence and go on a roll, feeling like u can't be stopped..

Just like how Ipswich are gong now, we go down playing like this and we'd be in league 1 in 2 seasons.

We attack teams we’ll get slaughtered.

We defend and we’re still favourites to lose.

Can’t win can we?

Personally I take nothing from games against even the top ten in this division, as unless we’re billionaire backed then it’s not our playground.

Look at Forest and Fulham. Spent a fortune over the last few years and still lower table.

Can’t win can we?

Personally I take nothing from games against even the top ten in this division, as unless we’re billionaire backed then it’s not our playground.

Look at Forest and Fulham. Spent a fortune over the last few years and still lower table.

You're right.

But tell me how the opposition feel knowing were not even trying to land a punch on them?

Hecky has no bottle, that's on him and the way he's setting us up is ridiculous, and the Arsenal injury to facilitate a team talk on how to break our defence was first class from arteta.

That's the new "dark arts" in the Premier league.. We're miles behind.

So far this season we have conceded 29 goals in 10 matches. Our performances are getting worse as confidence is sapped and injuries strike. On current performance we are likely to smash Derby's points record and not make double figures. Swindon Town, having had 42 games to amass their total, must be getting seriously worried that their goals conceded record (100) is in danger. Over the years I can remember us being toothless up front (many times), over-run in midfield (too often), demoralised (in the dark days - the last being CW's final season), uncompetitive (a few times) but I cannot for the life of me remember us being so disorganised defensively from set pieces. I am scared to hope for a light at the end of the tunnel because, the way things are going, it'll more than likely be an express train coming at full speed.

Can’t win can we?

Maybe we can't win but we can show a bit of pride and fight. This is embarrassing we just roll over and say tickle our tummy.

In the olden days even when we were outclassed at least we got stuck in amd looked dangerous from set pieces and the team gave the fans some hope that we could nick a draw or a win.

Now there's nothing there at all, out played, out thought and out fought.

I loved been the plucky underdog who could overturn a big team under lights at the Lane, the side nobody liked to play, the side with heroes who weren't the best footballers but had a never say die attitude.

Thats all gone and an apathy seems to have overtaken everyone. It has to stop.

We are showing ourselves up every week. We haven’t won in months.

Maybe we can't win but we can show a bit of pride and fight. This is embarrassing we just roll over and say tickle our tummy.

In the olden days even when we were outclassed at least we got stuck in amd looked dangerous from set pieces and the team gave the fans some hope that we could nick a draw or a win.

Now there's nothing there at all, out played, out thought and out fought.

I loved been the plucky underdog who could overturn a big team under lights at the Lane, the side nobody liked to play, the side with heroes who weren't the best footballers but had a never say die attitude.

Thats all gone and an apathy seems to have overtaken everyone. It has to stop.
Don’t mind losing away at Arsenal most teams will, but put up a fucking fight make them earn it! They never had to get out of second gear.

We are showing ourselves up every week. We haven’t won in months.
We couldn't even beat League One Derby County in pre-season or League One Lincoln City in the cup. Pre-season was a shit show from start to finish both on and off the pitch. The warning signs were there when we went on the 8 game winless streak and during pre-season.

So far this season we have conceded 29 goals in 10 matches. Our performances are getting worse as confidence is sapped and injuries strike. On current performance we are likely to smash Derby's points record and not make double figures. Swindon Town, having had 42 games to amass their total, must be getting seriously worried that their goals conceded record (100) is in danger. Over the years I can remember us being toothless up front (many times), over-run in midfield (too often), demoralised (in the dark days - the last being CW's final season), uncompetitive (a few times) but I cannot for the life of me remember us being so disorganised defensively from set pieces. I am scared to hope for a light at the end of the tunnel because, the way things are going, it'll more than likely be an express train coming at full speed.
The drop off in our ability to defend set pieces is incredible. We were outstanding in that department last season

The Mark Hudson effect?

Throw in the contract situation meaning we won’t have many players and need to sell what assets we do have, it’d be a cocktail for disaster.

We did well until the first goal. If that hadn't gone in, it was looking possible to take it to 0-0 until they were forced to bring on £200m of subs and really push for a win. At such point we might be able to snatch a goal.

We couldn't turn up at the Emirates yesterday and go toe to toe, there's a 99.9% probability of failure (made up stat) because right now we're lacking the necessary personnel. Playing to snatch a 1-0 win probably gives us a 5-10% chance (made up stat).

the writing was on the wall before a ball was kicked keeping norwood fleck and osborn all 3 have been fantastic servants for the club but to think they were premier league class was naive to put it mildly and told us fans that abdullah was not going to back the manager financially

We did well until the first goal. If that hadn't gone in, it was looking possible to take it to 0-0 until they were forced to bring on £200m of subs and really push for a win. At such point we might be able to snatch a goal.

We couldn't turn up at the Emirates yesterday and go toe to toe, there's a 99.9% probability of failure (made up stat) because right now we're lacking the necessary personnel. Playing to snatch a 1-0 win probably gives us a 5-10% chance (made up stat).
If my auntie had bollocks she’d be my uncle. But she hasn’t so she’s not.

The most depressing thing is that I don't see how it gets better anytime soon.

The players aren't event fit enough to compete, and that's before we even get into the far more difficult issues of morale and confidence, which are both clearly on the floor.

Whoever the new manager is has got their fucking work cut out to turn this shit show around.

Throw in the contract situation meaning we won’t have many players and need to sell what assets we do have, it’d be a cocktail for disaster.
How many of those players out of contract would you retain? Fleck? Basham? Norwood? Lowe? Bogle? Jebbison? McBurnie?

I wouldn't keep any of them for next season. We've retained them for too long as it is for no more than loyalty to them and sentiment based on the past. We need to clear out the deadwood and start fresh. New manager, new formation, new tactics, new players. I think the clear out when contracts expire could be a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:
How many of those players out of contract would you retain? Fleck? Basham? Norwood? Lowe? Bogle? Jebbison? McBurnie?

I wouldn't keep any of them for next season. We've retained them for too long as it is for no more than loyalty to them and sentiment based on the past. We need to clear out the deadwood and start fresh. New manager, new formation, new tactics, new players. I think the clear out when contracts expire could be a blessing in disguise.
Very few, but we need to replace the ones who go, which just adds to the disarray we will be in.

Can’t win can we?

Decent points but the question needs to be asked

Last season we finished 2nd in the Championship, so surely we must be at least upper Championship standard?
The PL is a higher standard than the Championship, so unless we've substantially strengthened we were likely to be relegated.
We lost 2 players gaining 30 million but spent 60 million = net spend £30 million..so based on that expenditure common sense says we'll be relegated.

So how come most matches this season we've become like San Marino playing international football.
We look miles behind the level and rarely even venture into the opposition half, never mind have shot.
So the managers game plan appears to be.....we accept we've lose but try to pack the defence keeping the score down.

Also don't think some Blades realise that we could well become the worse PL in history, that is simply not acceptable.
So don't compare us to Arsenal/ Man City......you should be comparing us to all the crap teams that have finished bottom of the league.
Think of Blackpool who didn't spend anything on players, their owner Oyston took the PL money and run.
We've spent a net £30 million but look like being far worse than that Blackpool side who finished on 39 points.

Decent points but the question needs to be asked

Last season we finished 2nd in the Championship, so surely we must be at least upper Championship standard?
The PL is a higher standard than the Championship, so unless we've substantially strengthened we were likely to be relegated.
We lost 2 players gaining 30 million but spent 60 million = net spend £30 million..so based on that expenditure common sense says we'll be relegated.

So how come most matches this season we've become like San Marino playing international football.
We look miles behind the level and rarely even venture into the opposition half, never mind have shot.
So the managers game plan appears to be.....we accept we've lose but try to pack the defence keeping the score down.

Also don't think some Blades realise that we could well become the worse PL in history, that is simply not acceptable.
So don't compare us to Arsenal/ Man City......you should be comparing us to all the crap teams that have finished bottom of the league.
Think of Blackpool who didn't spend anything on players, their owner Oyston took the PL money and run.
We've spent a net £30 million but look like being far worse than that Blackpool side who finished on 39 points.

You don’t have to look far to see the gulf between the Prem and the top end Championship teams.

The three promoted are struggling, and Leicester are flying in the Championship.

On top of this, the gulf gets bigger every season, so yes Blackpool did well but that’s a one off. Like my point, look at Forest.

We also now have the extended play time to compete with. Without that we beat spurs, and lose yesterday 3-0 instead of 5.

They’re all excuses really but my point is the odds aren’t stacked in our favour, they’re the opposite.

I’d be very surprised if it’s not us, Luton and Burnley all going back down.

Back
Top Bottom