That was a suprise

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Where did I say you throw the towel in? Luton didn’t go toe-to-toe with Chelsea at all, they played exactly how they usually do. Luton’s entire culture is based on what purists would deem ‘anti-football’ I.e. aggressive, direct etc etc. The fact they did better than us against Chelsea is because they are much better at that style than we are. Even still, weren’t they 3-0 down until the last 10? They have an awkward style much like we did in Wilder’s PL season. Once it gets figured out they’ll no doubt plummet like we did.

Besides, none of that really invalidates my point about money one bit. Us and Burnley were streets ahead of anyone in the Championship last year and yet are the whipping boys because we can’t drop £250m just to tread water. It’s shite for the sport as a whole.
Luton absolutely went toe-to-toe with them and infact were the better team.

Played some good football, aggressive, positive, purposeful, skillfill. Statistically they had more possessions, more shots, more corners, higher xG, more numerous big chances, hit the woodwork twice. Chelsea had double the amount of completed long balls than Luton. So to call luton the direct team of the 2 is not true. They wanted to play to win. Unlike our mentality which is to hope they don’t score too many to protect our -30 goal difference and a pathetic point total which is half what luton have.

We are the only team in the league who aimlessly punt it long constantly, can’t hold the ball in the midfield for more than 20 seconds and it’s echoed every week in roys ‘view from’. We’re the ‘Anti-football’ club and worst in the league or that fans have seen in years. It’s impossible to argue against it.

Being direct is fine to mix in with other types of play, but as our only style, thats where i have an issue.

I can’t argue too much about your point about the lack of finance making it hard to compete. It’s possible with the right style and management. And ywe would give ourselves a much better chance if we weren’t so negative.

I am being a fucking whinge bag, and i don’t want to take shots at us this much but i want us to be better and not be so accepting of this. I think we can be better as this is still absolute garbage to watch. You don’t need 250mill to have players pass to feet or win 2nd balls or be positive in play although i absolutely agree that it makes it much easier to play a more cultured style.

Luton are better than us. We won’t go away to Luton and cause them as many problems as they caused us last week.
Not even close sadly. They are much better side. I know wilder in his post match interview said he wants us to be better in possession. Great to hear. I just hope that he actually can improve this lot and stops giving the ‘big boys’ in the league so much respect.

Not even close sadly. They are much better side. I know wilder in his post match interview said he wants us to be better in possession. Great to hear. I just hope that he actually can improve this lot and stops giving the ‘big boys’ in the league so much respect.
That’s the bit that annoys me, other ‘shit’ teams seem to go into these games with an actual plan to score a goal against top teams. We just accept that we’ll have sub 20% possession and concede 20 shots with maybe 1 or 2 shots ourselves if we’re lucky.

Luton are better than us. We won’t go away to Luton and cause them as many problems as they caused us last week.
For 65 minutes we were the better side. We chucked it away and had freak OGs. Luton scored twice without a score on target in the 2nd half. Their first was also a gift. They’re making a better fist of it then us but let’s not go overboard, it will count for nothing if/when they come down with us.

For 65 minutes we were the better side. We chucked it away and had freak OGs. Luton scored twice without a score on target in the 2nd half. Their first was also a gift. They’re making a better fist of it then us but let’s not go overboard, it will count for nothing if/when they come down with us.
I’d flip that on its head, we were good for 25 mins.

Luton absolutely went toe-to-toe with them and infact were the better team.

Played some good football, aggressive, positive, purposeful, skillfill. Statistically they had more possessions, more shots, more corners, higher xG, more numerous big chances, hit the woodwork twice. Chelsea had double the amount of completed long balls than Luton. So to call luton the direct team of the 2 is not true. They wanted to play to win. Unlike our mentality which is to hope they don’t score too many to protect our -30 goal difference and a pathetic point total which is half what luton have.

We are the only team in the league who aimlessly punt it long constantly, can’t hold the ball in the midfield for more than 20 seconds and it’s echoed every week in roys ‘view from’. We’re the ‘Anti-football’ club and worst in the league or that fans have seen in years. It’s impossible to argue against it.

Being direct is fine to mix in with other types of play, but as our only style, thats where i have an issue.

I can’t argue too much about your point about the lack of finance making it hard to compete. It’s possible with the right style and management. And ywe would give ourselves a much better chance if we weren’t so negative.

I am being a fucking whinge bag, and i don’t want to take shots at us this much but i want us to be better and not be so accepting of this. I think we can be better as this is still absolute garbage to watch. You don’t need 250mill to have players pass to feet or win 2nd balls or be positive in play although i absolutely agree that it makes it much easier to play a more cultured style.
To be clear, I’m not saying that style of play is anti-football. I enjoy fast, direct aggressive play. My point is, they didn’t do anything different against Chelsea than they have all season. It’s highly coached percentage football, run the channels, balls into the box etc. They still went 3-0 down, they still lost, they’re still on course to get relegated with us.

When they go to City, they’ll chase shadows and have about 20% of the ball just like us. Just like most teams in the past 3 years. Comparing our game at City to theirs against Chelsea at home isn’t quite the same IMO.

My point is the glass ceiling for teams trying to compete without Scrooge McDuck Fuck You money is shrinking every year. Us, Burnley and Luton didn’t spend £200m collectively, let alone each and surprise, we’ll all probably go down

Hmmm - we were the better side for the last 15 minutes of the first half and dominated most of the second, outside of the 2 gifts of course. Like I said, they didn’t have a shot on target in the 2nd half
Fair enough if that’s your opinion. Mine is that we should be much more dominant as the home team. If we went away to Luton and played like they did we’d expect to win.

To be clear, I’m not saying that style of play is anti-football. I enjoy fast, direct aggressive play. My point is, they didn’t do anything different against Chelsea than they have all season. It’s highly coached percentage football, run the channels, balls into the box etc. They still went 3-0 down, they still lost, they’re still on course to get relegated with us.

When they go to City, they’ll chase shadows and have about 20% of the ball just like us. Just like most teams in the past 3 years. Comparing our game at City to theirs against Chelsea at home isn’t quite the same IMO.

My point is the glass ceiling for teams trying to compete without Scrooge McDuck Fuck You money is shrinking every year. Us, Burnley and Luton didn’t spend £200m collectively, let alone each and surprise, we’ll all probably go down
I don’t think i explained myself well. I was using lutons mentality vs chelsea as a comparison with ours against the big boys (chelsea & city). I think we had another 20% possession nothing game there as well.

Chris hasn't had long here yet so i dont want to sound like to much of a prick but even against city i think we can be much better than yesterday. Thats my gripe, our mentality. Luton and Burnley are also likely to loose but would give it a better go than we did. We played for a loss from the first kick. We turned up and let then play their game with little disruption. Felt like a training game.

Agree with your last point, definitely getting harder to bridge the gap and all looking likely to go down, especially us and burnley.

Listen I’ve done a few aways this season and aside from the “ miracle of villa Park “ we’ve been shite the whole lot of them and believe me if anything tops Burnley away we should be very worried . It’s like we just want to get this season over with and reset. Problem I have is losing becomes a habit and there’s some decent football being played in La Liga right now. We need to evaluate what little good things we have and we can’t do that sitting back all the time. Have a go and prove yourselves United . Hero’s will rise .

We have a few returning players with sometime to get up to speed .Let's see what the window brings in for the Blades and the rivals.

I don’t think i explained myself well. I was using lutons mentality vs chelsea as a comparison with ours against the big boys (chelsea & city). I think we had another 20% possession nothing game there as well.

Chris hasn't had long here yet so i dont want to sound like to much of a prick but even against city i think we can be much better than yesterday. Thats my gripe, our mentality. Luton and Burnley are also likely to loose but would give it a better go than we did. We played for a loss from the first kick. We turned up and let then play their game with little disruption. Felt like a training game.

Agree with your last point, definitely getting harder to bridge the gap and all looking likely to go down, especially us and burnley.
I agree with that point. The players look terrified. Unfortunately that was a mainstay of Hecky’s football - cowardly. Wilder has a job to build their confidence. 2-3 through the door in Jan will help.

Playing against billion pound teams and having Talksport/SKY Gobshites disrespect our club for not having enough quality is starting to grip me. I can live with the criticisms that come with the realities, but when shitheads like the Soccer Saturday mob look down their nose at a proud club like ours, that has performed beyond its means in the last 10 years, with unnecessary disrespect I feel overly defensive.

Read a lot and noticed someone say we were better off the ball than on. Our goal difference begs to differ.

You can go back over all our matches and see we are panic stricken when defending.

Our midfield is absolutely shite and despite signing Hamer, Souza and McAtee we were still without a real defensive midfielder.

Up front Archer looked good but he doesn’t get much service so you’d need your midfielders playing the ball to him. Problem is McBurnie returns and we play long ball upto our target man who can yes hold it up but then nothing after.

Wilder comes in and obviously injects some passion. Problem is Wilder/ Hecky both play the same tactical route which just doesn’t work with the players we have.

My hope is the Prince fucks off and someone comes in and goes a totally different direction.
Although I hope they get relegated if Wendy manager keeps them up and stays they have a manager who has gained experience working with top elite managers and will no doubt get them playing well.
We on the other hand if we play under Wilder will be same old and will struggle to build a team that can play football that enables you to at least have a go in the top league.

On another not you only have to look at Villa. Yes i know they have rich owners but they kicked out Dean Smith and bought in a top quality manager. Look at them now.

As said if we can get some luck and find a rich benefactor we need to get away from this weird keep it local shite.

Maybe not the result, and maybe the scoreline was better than expected but the surprising thing from that game was the absolute lack of belief we showed. We set up to lose by as few goals as possible, we never tried to go at them, didn't even try to unsettle them, we just sat off, let them have the ball unchallenged and we rolled over for them. Don't get me wrong, they're streets ahead of us but come on, you can still close players down, get in their face, even dare I say it, try to tackle them. The first goal summed the 90 minutes up, one player (Souza) tried to impose himself, Robinson and Trusty sat back and watched. No ownership, no fight, just sat off and at one nil it's game over.

That was boring, we were boring, we made it a game of attack versus defence and even at 90 minutes we dropped deep, had every player in our half and didn't have the heart or the courage to have a go at them. We looked like we were protecting a 0 - 2 scoreline. That was as inept as any Hecky performance and if we're going to write games off before a ball's been kicked, we may as well have stuck with Heckinbottom.

I like Wilder, I like how he talks us up but sorry mate, action speaks louder than words and lay down, passive acceptance of a two nil defeat like that today won't cut it. Either get the pampered wankers tackling and working or fuck off out the back door again. We know we're shite, but can we at least be shite with a bit more bite about us.
I'm just going to quote my 5 year old, word for word here. Before bed we were talking about things he'd done in 2023.

I said "And you went to your first ever football match". He said "Yeah! Well, we did lose. But I guess that's cos we're in the Premier League [at which point he shrugged]".

Playing against billion pound teams and having Talksport/SKY Gobshites disrespect our club for not having enough quality is starting to grip me. I can live with the criticisms that come with the realities, but when shitheads like the Soccer Saturday mob look down their nose at a proud club like ours, that has performed beyond its means in the last 10 years, with unnecessary disrespect I feel overly defensive.
completely agree with you its getting tedious now pundits and the media slating us for our lack of quality while conveniently never mentioning the hundreds of millions most of the clubs who we are up against most weeks have spent yesterdays opponents being the number 1 example sick of hearing em drooling over pep when hes had an open cheque book everwhere hes managed its getting very boring utb

completely agree with you its getting tedious now pundits and the media slating us for our lack of quality while conveniently never mentioning the hundreds of millions most of the clubs who we are up against most weeks have spent yesterdays opponents being the number 1 example sick of hearing em drooling over pep when hes had an open cheque book everwhere hes managed its getting very boring utb

I agree when opposition fans in Roy's View say "worst PL team ever" and pundits not even talking about us or very poor quality they conveniently forget that money talks in the PL.

Yorkshire Post article in July 23 had Blades team worth £91 million. Man City at £1 Billion ! Funny enough we werent the lowest that was Luton with £31 million.

Maybe not the result, and maybe the scoreline was better than expected but the surprising thing from that game was the absolute lack of belief we showed. We set up to lose by as few goals as possible, we never tried to go at them, didn't even try to unsettle them, we just sat off, let them have the ball unchallenged and we rolled over for them. Don't get me wrong, they're streets ahead of us but come on, you can still close players down, get in their face, even dare I say it, try to tackle them. The first goal summed the 90 minutes up, one player (Souza) tried to impose himself, Robinson and Trusty sat back and watched. No ownership, no fight, just sat off and at one nil it's game over.

That was boring, we were boring, we made it a game of attack versus defence and even at 90 minutes we dropped deep, had every player in our half and didn't have the heart or the courage to have a go at them. We looked like we were protecting a 0 - 2 scoreline. That was as inept as any Hecky performance and if we're going to write games off before a ball's been kicked, we may as well have stuck with Heckinbottom.

I like Wilder, I like how he talks us up but sorry mate, action speaks louder than words and lay down, passive acceptance of a two nil defeat like that today won't cut it. Either get the pampered wankers tackling and working or fuck off out the back door again. We know we're shite, but can we at least be shite with a bit more bite about us.
Quite superb post

No entertainment, no ambition, no desire, no risk taking, no intent. Nothing.
It was boring for everyone in attendance and a complete waste of time and money.
Cowardice, just plain cowardice.
Wilder can wear this one. Hecky wouldn’t have been any worse.
Personally I’d sooner lose by 4 or 5 and have at least a bit of a go, but no, we just sit there and bore everyone. We are going down anyway so just have a fucking go.

Utb
Absolute load of bollocks. All this I would rather lose by 4/5/6 is complete nonsense. I have seen enough of those this season already.

Absolute load of bollocks. All this I would rather lose by 4/5/6 is complete nonsense. I have seen enough of those this season already.
Coming from a moron who only ever posts short, negative replies to other peoples posts, I'll not take your insult too seriously.
Get used to 'not being able to go toe to toe with these guys' cos' there's a lot more to come this season. Still' at least we can enjoy sitting deep and trying to defend a two or three goal defeat most weeks.
utb

I agree with that point. The players look terrified. Unfortunately that was a mainstay of Hecky’s football - cowardly. Wilder has a job to build their confidence. 2-3 through the door in Jan will help.
Spot on storm of blades we are still suffering from the defeat by the toon, to take the biggest home defeat in our entire history 0-8 is a real downer to a team just promoted ,followed by two 5-0 drubbing away from home.
She'll shock is the phrase I would use,to take another drubbing like that with a new manager in control would be just stupid.We have to build confidence In the best league in the world ,taking on Chelsea Villa and city away from home and going for it would be sheer suicide.
A newly promoted team lacking confidence and beleaf going for it against these teams would be absolutely crazy.
Just don't get where these fans get there logic from.All blades I'm sure want us to play entertaining football! We have to be realistic ,can hardly beleav these fans are blades,no fan enjoys watching there team taken apart .
Toon were close to being on the end of one last night
4-2 massacre!.

Back
Top Bottom