That MGW song?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jon Bon II

Here's Jonny!
Reaction score
What's that Morgan Gibbs-White song that's sung? Being a part-timer shithouse, I've only ever heard it on the telly and to me, it sounds like it's to Chris De Burgh's 'Lady In Red'. Please tell me it's not 'Morgan Gibbs-White, he's dancing with me, cheek to cheek...'

I mean, I like him - a lot - but........

Morgan Gibbs White
(Gibbs White) Running down the wing
(Gibbs White) Hear United sing
(Gibbs White) Take us to the Premier League

How the fuck did this get suggested AND catch on btw?! The intense mystery behind football chants 😂

How the fuck did this get suggested AND catch on btw?! The intense mystery behind football chants 😂
Indeed, who & where are these chants devised, practised, re-cut, edited & rehearsed prior to being released??

It is one of the great mysteries of football, for instance I give you the GCB sing - who on earth dreamt up the lyrics for that & applied them to John Denver.

Truly bizarre.

What's that Morgan Gibbs-White song that's sung? Being a part-timer shithouse, I've only ever heard it on the telly and to me, it sounds like it's to Chris De Burgh's 'Lady In Red'. Please tell me it's not 'Morgan Gibbs-White, he's dancing with me, cheek to cheek...'

I mean, I like him - a lot - but........

he can dance with me cheek to cheek

These songs are always made up when someone is three sheets to the wind in a pub and suddenly Abba comes on the jukebox thing when they are discussing said player.

These songs are always made up when someone is three sheets to the wind in a pub and suddenly Abba comes on the jukebox thing when they are discussing said player.
Or nicked off another club. The MGW chant is a modified version of the chant used by Liverpool fans for Mané.

When I was at Bristol City there was a lad getting pissed off with blades fans that we weren’t singing (Gibbs-white) in the gaps instead of ahh hah. Twas Funny to watch.

OK, everyone, again, from the top....!!😆

Or nicked off another club. The MGW chant is a modified version of the chant used by Liverpool fans for Mané.

No I think you'll find that is actually another version of the Sala, Oh Mane Mane song featuring other players and is from Sugar Sugar by The Archies.

Proving once again that fan songs come from the weirdest of tunes.

Allegedly created by this guy

No I think you'll find that is actually another version of the Sala, Oh Mane Mane song featuring other players and is from Sugar Sugar by The Archies.

Proving once again that fan songs come from the weirdest of tunes.

Allegedly created by this guy

Yeah, that's one song about Mané, but I'm on about this one:

Sa-di-ooo Mané!
Running down the wing, Mané!
Hear the Kopites sing, Mané!
We’re all going to Madrid.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom