That corner routine

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
Time to drop it. Cost us at Watford. Cost us today as arguably Lowe wouldn't have done his hamstring sprinting back. Hull should have scored from it only for Wes fantastic double save.

But it's all positive. RND motm for me. Berge quality again likewise Ndiaye. Egan and Wes for that double save also deserve plaudits and McBurnie. 18.5 million? Bargain. Plus strength in depth. Not many sides will come away with 3 points from Hull.

To be fair though, shouldn't we have had someone actually on the halfway line, or at least comfortably goal side of the forward?

And shouldn't Norwood be capable of not fucking it up terribly any time he's under pressure like that?

Don't bin the routine. But smarten up and do it better

Only way to look at it is +EV (expected value) or -EV.

The chances of us scoring from what i assume is meant to set up a shot from outside of the box through a crowded area VS turning over the ball and them having an attack would put this heavily at a -EV

Think the fourth word you are looking for is.... stinks.

To be fair though, shouldn't we have had someone actually on the halfway line, or at least comfortably goal side of the forward?

And shouldn't Norwood be capable of not fucking it up terribly any time he's under pressure like that?

Might be wrong but I don’t recall scoring from that routine only conceding. So bin it for me

Might be wrong but I don’t recall scoring from that routine only conceding. So bin it for me
It's often given us a good shooting position, in that respect its worked more often than I'd expect

If it can be Norwood, Doyle, Berge or Brewster shooting it can be a good chance

I'm going long on The Routine..... bet we score from it this season

It's often given us a good shooting position, in that respect its worked more often than I'd expect

If it can be Norwood, Doyle, Berge or Brewster shooting it can be a good chance

I'm going long on The Routine..... bet we score from it this season
Or, bet we can concede. Oh wait ………….. 😉

Thank goodness for Wes with his double stop saving that breakaway he took a whack for it.
That goes in and Hull have their tails up, unfortunately with a full out chase to get back it cost Lowe a hammy.

They looked confused to me it was played into space on the edge of the box inviting someone to step forward and hit it. However the last man back didn’t look like he knew it was coming and certainly didn’t look like he was expecting to step forward and strike it. Lowe then dropped out of the area at the back to collect the ball but had no options and we just panicked.

Egan should have dropped back as soon as we played that corner routing Doyle gave him a right bollocking

Norwood needs to be aware when there are no players behind him and then just get rid (even if it means lobbing it into the corner or even the stand). Taking another touch and trying a fancy turn is not a good option in that situation.

A left sided corner, Norwood should be shooting. He's shown he is capable on a few occasions. Why waste talent like that? End of.

Excellent archive digging.

Although I note Enda is on the halfway line here, any reason we’ve abandoned that failsafe? Assume it’s about ensuring we have a numbers overload buying Norwood some space?

I stand corrected

However, I also stand by what I say. It's cost us a goal already this season and almost two if it hadn't been for Wes's heroics

Abandon the suicidal routine, it isn't working, or at least review it and change it to ensure better protection against a breakaway

Excellent archive digging.

Although I note Enda is on the halfway line here, any reason we’ve abandoned that failsafe? Assume it’s about ensuring we have a numbers overload buying Norwood some space?
I think it's because QPR left one up in this case but Hull had everyone back to defend the corner and just broke really fast.

Also Teddy, I think the plan was to have Lowe come straight back round on the cover but as he had to stop to control the ball, he was slow to get back into his defensive position.

Back
Top Bottom