That bounce up

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
The one that led to the third goal, not sure what was going on. I was annoyed at the ref for seeming to allow a contested bounce up, I thought when the ball hit the end ref the ball.went back to the team in possession. But why did Robinson just stand there without going for it? Summed up the day really.

The one that led to the third goal, not sure what was going on. I was annoyed at the ref for seeming to allow a contested bounce up, I thought when the ball hit the end ref the ball.went back to the team in possession. But why did Robinson just stand there without going for it? Summed up the day really.
It was bizarre, is they even rules on this? It was all pathetic.

Not seen it back but thought it was Thomas. Nothing wrong with the refs decision at all. He had ample time to deal with it but dawdled. The ref was shite but he got that decision correct.

It’s awarded to a specific player (Thomas in this case) and is “uncontested” in that the opponent has to be at least 4 and a half yards away.

As soon as it hits the floor it’s back in play.

We have professional footballers that don’t know this, and failed to react even when it looked like the Bournemouth man stalled to see why the fuck we weren’t doing owt with the ball.

The fact a top level referee can’t get out of the way of a ball coming from 30 yards away is ridiculous in the first place like, but talk about shooting ourselves in the foot.

I apologise to Robinson. Unfortunately I unfairly marked him a point lower in the player ratings due to me blaming him for the incident!

Thomas had about 10 minutes to play the ball.

I went for a piss when the ref put it down. I got back and Thomas was still stood there doing nowt.

All on Thomas that.

It’s awarded to a specific player (Thomas in this case) and is “uncontested” in that the opponent has to be at least 4 and a half yards away.

We have professional footballers that don’t know this, and failed to react even when it looked like the Bournemouth man stalled to see why the fuck we weren’t doing owt with the ball.

The fact a top level referee can’t get out of the way of a ball coming from 30 yards away is ridiculous in the first place like, but talk about shooting ourselves in the foot.
Exactly.
Thomas is a fucking idiot

I apologise to Robinson. Unfortunately I unfairly marked him a point lower in the player ratings due to me blaming him for the incident!

If nothing else, I’m confident had Robbo had a similar brain fart he’d have likely smashed through the ball and player when it was in the process of being robbed :)

You are able to go back and revise it… go and click on the number, it’ll let you change and will recalculate the average :)

Once again we are in the middle of a shit PL campaign with 5 LBs and not one of them would get into a Championship side, let alone a PL team.

Luke Thomas looks like someone who won a competition to play in the PL...
We could have played JLT or Trusty at left back all season within a flat back 4 and not bothered loaning the awful Thomas or the overweight bombscare Larouci.
Even Osborn would have done better and I think he is League 1 standard.
We could then have used the 2 wasted loans on central midfield or a target man.
But you know - Hecky knows best and tbf those clean sheets have been rolling in, haven't they!

Heard the audio back on the replay and this is what was said:
Thomas: "Ref, tell him to get back 10 yards."
Referee: "It's a drop ball you daft ****."
Bournemouth: "Score"

Why 4 and a half and not 5..?

My only possible explanation was that he was complaining they weren’t back 4 metres and wanted the ref to drop it again.
Or he genuinely did not know the rules of an uncontested drop ball and thought he had as much time as he wanted to play it.

TBH, I would've taken Thomas off at HT, I was awful 1st half. Left semenyo loads. Needed about 3 touches before being able to pass etc.
Worst performance he's had for us. Very poor.
Agree but what a player that Semenyo , my goodness if we just had one like him for carrying the ball and running at defences

We could have played JLT or Trusty at left back all season within a flat back 4 and not bothered loaning the awful Thomas or the overweight bombscare Larouci.
Even Osborn would have done better and I think he is League 1 standard.
We could then have used the 2 wasted loans on central midfield or a target man.
But you know - Hecky knows best and tbf those clean sheets have been rolling in, haven't they!
Yeh but yeh but no but Hecky thought he had NINE central midfielders and at least 3 of them would be ok 🙄

Not a bounce up
The ball is given to the team in.possession (us) the opposition must be 5 yards away from the ball
You work the rest out

My only possible explanation was that he was complaining they weren’t back 4 metres and wanted the ref to drop it again.
Or he genuinely did not know the rules of an uncontested drop ball and thought he had as much time as he wanted to play it.
It’s not a drop ball he rolls it to the team in possession and the opposition has to be 5 yards from the first touch

Thomas was wank throughout and that drop ball incident just about summed him up....couldn't believe he was being clapped as he left the pitch, he needed fucking stoning...

Not a bounce up
The ball is given to the team in.possession (us) the opposition must be 5 yards away from the ball
You work the rest out
The ref even moved their player back the required distance before he gently dropped the ball at Thomas’s feet and the penny still didn’t drop presumably because Thomas is thick or doesn’t know the rule, or both.

After they scored, several of ours surrounded the ref pointing and complaining, presumably about the injustice of losing the ball at the uncontested drop ball, presumably because (see Thomas).

Back
Top Bottom