Team vs Bournemouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
Go on then, name your team below 👇

For me there are certain players who have given up the fight and shouldn't play another minute this season.... Those include; Anel, Hamer, McBurnie

Then there's the conundrum which is Souza, I dont think he's given up, nor do I think he is has been anywhere near our worst player of the season. However...... I do think there is something incredibly broken with having in the team which leads to players getting dragged out of position and not playing as a team. His stats for a defensive midfielder are decent but it just doesn't feel balanced with him in the team.. is it as simple as he just that he doesnt have a footballing brain?

Also I don't think it matters whether we play a back 4 or a back 5 tbh, the issue is our lack of defensive press from our forwards and midfield. Arguably our best performances under Wilder have been 4-3-3 with BBD and Mcatee out wide which gives us a press right across the width of the field up top as well as giving us a real outlet which stops the ball coming back at us again and again and again.

1. Wes
2. Jayden
3. Yasser
4. Vinnie
5. George
6. Jack
7. Arblaster
8. Hamer
9. Osula
10. Macca
11 Brooks

451 with George at the back
Gone for pace to combat them and skill to beat them.

1. Wes
2. Jayden
3. Yasser
4. Vinnie
5. George
6. Jack
7. Arblaster
8. Hamer
9. Osula
10. Macca
11 Brooks

Bogle in midfield then? Not a bad shout tbh

After Wilders previous team selections I am intrigued to see if he has learnt anything and makes the appropriate choices, if not his ability to manage us going forward will be called into question.
Visiting the Prince next week will be a lot easier for him if we have a good performance.

Any team without Anel or Norwood in is a step in the right direction. Hoping I don't see either ever starting again in a Blades shirt.

I look at the last team we put out, and I just feel we can get a few more central midfielders in there:

Sure we had Norwood, Souza, Hamer, Davies and McAtee last match but also lets get Brooks, Slimane, Arblaster, Osborn and Peck in there too.
Then its just a coinflip between Wes & Grbic.

Any team without Anel or Norwood in is a step in the right direction. Hoping I don't see either ever starting again in a Blades shirt.

Question is does Wilder have the gonads to drop someone he only just made captain.

Quickly becoming a Lundstram 2.0 scenario with a player who doesn't want to be here consistently being picked.

After Wilders previous team selections I am intrigued to see if he has learnt anything and makes the appropriate choices, if not his ability to manage us going forward will be called into question.
Visiting the Prince next week will be a lot easier for him if we have a good performance.
That’s a strange team you’ve got there.

Grbić

Bogle
Baldock
Robbo
Trusty
Osborn (hopefully fit)

Hamer
Arblaster
Davies
Brooks

Osula

Don’t think it gives us a chance to win but it’s the team I want to see. It would finally let me watch a midfield that wants to be here and are team players. I’m sick of seeing Souza and sick of seeing a team full of out of contracts half arse it.

Re. Souza, the man has a very specific skillset and role. He won't cover loads of ground and he shouldn't be integral to possession.

When you then surround him by a midfield that gets overrun and also can't get near the opposition or cover enough ground, AND you have very little possession - and what possession you do have is quickly lost - he's a very, very exposed part of that midfield. That's not his fault.

As for the rest of the midfield:

Hamer - ball playing midfielder, but only proven at the level below. You are always asking something in asking better Champ players to step up. He's done so, in a squad that hasn't had time to gel/didn't have an existing identity, and was trying to learn to play together for the first time, in the hardest league in the world. He's not a natural athlete and could lose a bit of timber, but his focus should be quality and time on the ball. We don't have the supporting cast with enough quality to find him this time. He doesn't have the athelticisim to put in hard yards, but we ask him to. That's not his fault.

Norwood - he is ageing and the current side doesn't achieve the necessary possession football or the attacking outlets to play to his strengths. He doesn't have the athelticisim to run around as part of a side that doesn't have much possession and he doesn't have a defensive presence, at all. We've always known that, we've just been the better side in a lower division for most of his time here. That's not his fault.

The rest have either been injury ridden or are youth trying to step up to the first team set-up for the first time.

So, we're left with a midfield who don't see much of the ball, don't therefore have chance to influence the game, and can't compete with the athleticism of the opposition.

1. Wes
2. Jayden
3. Yasser
4. Vinnie
5. George
6. Jack
7. Arblaster
8. Hamer
9. Osula
10. Macca
11 Brooks

When it gets to that point in the season when you predict half the team using first names and the other half using surnames just to make it feel interesting.

Grbić

Bogle
Baldock
Robbo
Trusty
Osborn (hopefully fit)

Hamer
Arblaster
Davies
Brooks

Osula

Don’t think it gives us a chance to win but it’s the team I want to see. It would finally let me watch a midfield that wants to be here and are team players. I’m sick of seeing Souza and sick of seeing a team full of out of contracts half arse it.
Yup

Anyone but Souza

Happy to see souza play with out norwood maybe play blaster and davies with him and see how it pans out

Did wilder drop Anel or the peoples popular front of S2 4SU influence his decision.

Is "anyone but Brooks" the main selection policy these days? Nice to see Baldock & Diaz back. Dropping McAtee should be illegal.

Apparently one or two injury problems, so maybe that's why Anel, McAtee, Souza or others on the bench?

Apparently he is using that as an excuse and just tossed the balls in the air to see where they land.

Love to know the justification for starting mcburnie and hamer over osula and Brooks based on their last outings.

Saying he wants to concentrate on players that will be here next season and then constantly picking a player who won't sign a new contract is just contradictory. At this point mcburnie shouldn't play for us again if he's trying to make that point to the squad.

Back
Top Bottom