Team vs Birmingham?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s alright having that opinion but when they get injured there’s a meltdown…. Conditioning has to be right as well… Ndiaye might have played 8 mins but he’s just done a trip to France and then Austria in a matter of days, surrounded by training sessions etc…. We need to ensure we are looking after them.

Lose key players and we could quite easily derail.

…………..…………….. Wes

…………Gordon………Egan………..Bash

Baldock……………………………………………..RND

……………Norwood…………..Doyle

………..Berge………………..……..Ndiaye

……………..………..McBurnie

I'd rather we were solid in the middle and weaker out wide. That back 3 looks weak to me.
I'd keep it as:

Baldock...Basham...Egan...RND...LWB

LWB can be Khadra or Brooks. At least that way only one player is potentially out of position.

Watching the latest training video it was great to see many our injured players looking like they are on the road to recovery........... However, no sign of Norwood - That's a worry.

In spite of the ridiculous number of injuries to important players , particularly defensive ones , such is the strength in depth and quality of our shrewdly assembled current squad that I would have no great difficulty in choosing a team capable of beating Birmingham City at BDTBL and neither will Hecky .

We will still have players on our bench that they could only dream about having in their first eleven .

That being the case and barring any intervention from those pesky footballing gods , I can only see another victory for the team which has already come such a long way since the dark days of the latter part of Wilder’s reign and the soul destroying and thankfully short lived stewardship of Slav .

Wes

Baldock
Gordon
Egan
Bash
RND

Norwood
Doyle

Ndiaye
Khadra
Mcburnie

No messing about trying to put square pegs in round holes. Gordon is more than capable of playing in that back 5 for a game or two until Bogle is ready to start a game.

Berge has just played 2 90 mins in a row, so I’d give him a rest and start Khadra

The big injury list

Hecky doesn't strike me as a square pegs in round holes type though. Gordon is there as cover for a reason, and with RND playing so well at LWB now, I doubt he will want to have 2 players out of their best positions (RND and Khadra).

Nothing against Khadra starting, but I would play to his strengths, up top, and stick Gordon in at RCB.

I can’t believe people are suggesting 4 at the back. This isn’t just a small change it’s a huge change in system for players that have played regularly in a 3 for years! RND & Egan play in a 3 for their countries too, people think it’s football manager.

I don’t want to see Gordon in the XI because he’s miles off if & opposition will target him, but needs must he might have to.

I’d go with Khadra LWB, I’m not sure that’s the right decision but I can’t see any other possibility. Even if he does a half? And then you bring Bogle on for the second 45 & move Baldock to RCB.

Difficult one for Hecky

They have experienced strikers in Hogan Deeney & Juteiwicz.
We need our best back three.
Bash Egan RND.
Brooks at LWB.
Gordon on bench.

Would be nice to see Brooks at lwb and RND at lcb. Maybe even a surprise bogle lwb cameo?

Back
Top Bottom