Team vs Birmingham?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
With no injured players back, my team is...

Wes

Basham Egan RND

Baldock Norwood Doyle Khadra

Berge N'Diaye

McBurnie

Subs;
Amissah
Gordon
Bogle
Arblaster
Mcatee
Sharp
Brewster

Reckon playing at home we can get away with playing Khadra at LWB for a couple of games. Bogle should be ok for a place on the bench after being in full team training for 2 weeks.

Last edited:

With no injured players back, my team is...

Wes

Basham Egan RND

Baldock Norwood Doyle Khadra

Berge N'Diaye

McBurnie

Subs;
Amissah
Gordon
Bogle
Arblaster
Mcatee
Sharp
Brewster

Reckon playing at home we can get away with playing Khadra at LWB for a couple of games. Bogle should be ok for a place on the bench after being in full team training for 2 weeks.

I'd play Gordon. It's as good a game as you could ask for in terms of a youngster playing - at home, in a game where we'll be mostly attacking. I agree with those who say his attacking play isn't the best, but it ain't going to get better by being on the bench.

Same team as you outside of that. I doubt Bogle will be on the bench, but would be a boost if he was.

Play the naturally left-footed Wes at LCB and stick Jordan in't net if we feel we need a goalkeeper.
Simple this management stuff.

Can anyone testify to Reda Khadra being a LWB ever? If no why square peg round hole. Maybe Gordon at LCB and RND LWB with Rheda used to torment the opposition in and around their goal if needed. Billy appears to be fully fit so with him, McB,Brewster and Iliman that area suddenly looks well populated.

Leave Bash at LCB and play Gordon at RCB same team as last game otherwise.

I'd be tempted to have Bash at RCB, to get him forward more, but I can see the benefit in having Gordon in his more natural position.

............................Foderingham
Baldock....Basham....Egan....RND.....Khadra
.....................Norwood....Doyle
................Berge.......................Ndiaye
.............................McBurnie

Minimal disruption, one obvious weakness to at LWB in defence.
Doyle would have to be a little bit more reserved in his attacking play to cover the space in behind Khadra.

Midweek, I would rotate Berge out for McAtee or Khadra. We need to avoid burning our best players out this month, we have a lot of injuries and a congested fixture pile-up.

Can anyone testify to Reda Khadra being a LWB ever? If no why square peg round hole. Maybe Gordon at LCB and RND LWB with Rheda used to torment the opposition in and around their goal if needed. Billy appears to be fully fit so with him, McB,Brewster and Iliman that area suddenly looks well populated.

This has been asked and answered before. Yes Mowbray did it on occasion with Khadra last season according to rovers fans.

Mostly during the game switch rather than starting position with mixed results.

Obviously defending the key issue, but with RND behind him and if we do it only for home games when we want to keep taking it to the opposition then I think it's a perfectly fine option.

Playing Gordon seems like a little bit of waving the white flag.

It's a good chance to trial 4 at the back and display some tactical flexibility as we can't be wedded to this 3 at the back system forever.

Foderingham

Baldock
Basham
Egan
RND

Norwood
Doyle
Berge (or McAtee if we wanted to rest Berge)

Ndiaye
Khadra
McBurnie

We'd have the flexibility with this line up to switch to 3 at the back with Khadra at LWB if it isn't working too.

It's a good chance to trial 4 at the back and display some tactical flexibility as we can't be wedded to this 3 at the back system forever.

Foderingham

Baldock
Basham
Egan
RND

Norwood
Doyle

Ndiaye
Khadra
McBurnie

We'd have the flexibility with this line up to switch to 3 at the back with Khadra at LWB if it isn't working too.

Good luck with having Bash and Egan in the center of a two.

At least Wes would see alot more action during the game i suppose!

If we were to play a back four three of the four would have been away on international duties so no time to train as a back four. It would be asking for trouble so I don't think it will happen it will be 3-5-2 or a variation of 3-5-2

Foderingham

Baldock
Basham
Egan
RND

Norwood
Doyle

Ndiaye
Khadra
McBurnie

I'd put money on ANYONE beating us if we play twin centre backs.

If such a time is to come when Hecky rests the likes of Berge and Ndiaye, it will be this game surely?

Would surprise me to see both on the bench.

Huge invitation to Brum to get at us.
Play your strongest team in every single game that matters. Every league game matters. By all means take anyone you want off when we are 4 up. In the meantime rest your "star" players in cup games. And inform their respective national team managers that unfortunately they've got Shirecliffe sniper niggles and can't make the vitally important trip to Ulan Bator for the friendly against Mongolia.

If such a time is to come when Hecky rests the likes of Berge and Ndiaye, it will be this game surely?

Would surprise me to see both on the bench.
Ndiaye has played 8 minutes of international football over the last two weeks so there will be no need to rest him.

Berge will be the one of concern along with as well as Baldock,RND and Egan due to the minutes they played.

Due to injuries, i reckon the latter 3 will have to start start and if McBurnie still has his groin strain Brewster will start. As for Berge, it will depend how knackered he is.

This has been asked and answered before. Yes Mowbray did it on occasion with Khadra last season according to rovers fans.

Mostly during the game switch rather than starting position with mixed results.

Obviously defending the key issue, but with RND behind him and if we do it only for home games when we want to keep taking it to the opposition then I think it's a perfectly fine option.

Snipping your ridiculous last comment re: Gordon, you're right in that if there was a time to trial Khadra at LWB, it's against Birmingham at home. Wing backs don't need to necessarily be able to defend well if the centre backs can cover their inadequacies in that regard - heck, most of the clubs at the top level of the Premier League do this, and they're not even needing to play three centre backs to do so.

Andre Brooks was on the bench recently - presumably to cover for LWB - maybe he'll get a start ?

Minimal changes.

Gordon in, Anel out, shake it all about (just a teensy weeny bit mind)

Back
Top Bottom