Talking to a Palace supporter. You'll never guess!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was fearful today because of their excellent away record but I was very disappointed with them to be honest. They seemed to lack any plan beyond trying to get the ball to Zaha at every opportunity. That said I thought we were superb defensively and were worthy winners.

I wouldn't be surprise if that is tactic give it to Zaha & hope he does something. but as we discussed pre game the difference between palace with & without Zaha. how they don't win without Zaha.

The amount that turned up was actually quite impressive because I'd seen a lot of they've not sold out stuff, there was obviously a section with no-one in it, but it looked to be just about 2000.

The only thing I noticed of them though was some nutter getting dragged out after Lundstram scored, but I didn't see what happened, just saw a huddle of stewards disappear down that emergency exit with some bloke.

Palace did what ever other team has done on our rise to the PL. Just play our own game lads, we have the better players and the quality will come through.

To beat Sheffield United, you have to work harder than us.

The amount that turned up was actually quite impressive because I'd seen a lot of they've not sold out stuff, there was obviously a section with no-one in it, but it looked to be just about 2000.

The only thing I noticed of them though was some nutter getting dragged out after Lundstram scored, but I didn't see what happened, just saw a huddle of stewards disappear down that emergency exit with some bloke.
It was after Baldock clipped Mcarthy , when a palarse fan tried jumping the barrier

Sorry that we didn't let Zaha run around lots and let Benteke win loadsa headers.

Silly us

I think Basham got back in the dressing room and pulled off his socks and there was Benteke hiding in his shinner.

Zaha had six jobs. I didn't see him pull on the goalie's gloves though.

pommpey

Palace and Bournemouth weren't at their best when we played them interesting... not how well we play no?
Pretty sure that was the go-to line trotted out by every team we beat last season. It's always them being poor, and never us being good at what we do. Never any suggestion that we've stopped them playing, or that our system is hard to play against.

Long may it continue!

It was after Baldock clipped Mcarthy , when a palarse fan tried jumping the barrier

Was it? Fair enough. All a bit unnecessary anyway, even that tackle wasn't that bad. Top of the foot against studs, hardest bit of the foot, and probably nicely protected by the boot. He took it badly, his retaliation was worse than the contact.

On the way home I heard some Palace supporters complaining about their players. I asked them friendly as possible whom they were complaining about and one of them said all of them. "But" he said - " you are bound to be relegated because that's the worst we've played since we got into the Premiership, and that as good as you'll ever be".

I did point out as gently as possible that nearly every fan of every team we've beaten in our rise from the First Division has said exacfly the same. Remarkably it happens to nearly every team we play. I await Roy's "View from Palace" with great pleasure.

I hate to spoil it for you mate, but I actually did guess.

At least someone heard something from a palace fan today, I heard fuck all from the 2 thousand or so in lower tier

Tbh, the first 10mins they were loud, louder than us, but then they might aswel have gone home after that.

Oh, and they were singing about a fire drill after 26mins, apart from that, nothing.

Was it? Fair enough. All a bit unnecessary anyway, even that tackle wasn't that bad. Top of the foot against studs, hardest bit of the foot, and probably nicely protected by the boot. He took it badly, his retaliation was worse than the contact.
Think it was more to do with Mcarthys injury record , as he’s just back from breaking his leg
If memory servers my right

Like I’ve said previously, We’ll be everyone’s second team .........Until we beat em. I just hope we every team on their off day.

Palace fans not happy. Roy will be busy for a while tonight and tomorrow and the day after....but it'll be great reading. Southern numpties.

On the way home I heard some Palace supporters complaining about their players. I asked them friendly as possible whom they were complaining about and one of them said all of them. "But" he said - " you are bound to be relegated because that's the worst we've played since we got into the Premiership, and that as good as you'll ever be".

I did point out as gently as possible that nearly every fan of every team we've beaten in our rise from the First Division has said exacfly the same. Remarkably it happens to nearly every team we play. I await Roy's "View from Palace" with great pleasure.

Should have pointed out that they should go down with us based on that performance.. you wouldn't have got a reply, they don't make a noise ...

Still remember walking down Wembley Way after the play off final defeat to them and all the Palace fans in front were discussing cricket.

Much younger then but couldn't stop myself telling them they didn't deserve it if that's how they celebrated 5 minutes outside the ground after winning that game.

Let them stick to their manufactured ultras corner and flag waving.

We've all gone soft. Back in my day we'd have just given him a clip round the earhole.

That was Woy surely?
Not being able to comprehend how a nondescript sh1te publeague player had scored and virtually played em off the park.....or someone had told him tufty had put an offer in of 2 groats and a copy of higdons best sufc dvd moments.......(still available btw in 33 rpm format region 1 only), for whahey and benditlikelikea

It’s patronising beyond belief to say “that’s the best you’ll play all season.” It’s also generally going to be wildly inaccurate most of the time and strange when you’ve seen a team once.

I wouldn’t have even said it to Barnet last year.

Back
Top Bottom