Talking Sense and Kozluk New Deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Houso

Reaction score
It seems strange to have a manager who talks sense and actually addresses the concerns of the general supporter...

McDonald, a free agent after being released by Burnley, appeared as a second-half substitute during the midweek defeat by Doncaster Rovers and, together with fellow trialist Alex Kruk, is set to enjoy another outing when United host Ian Holloway’s side. Kick-off is at 3pm.

Wilson said: “We’ve got a lot of similar players in that area of the team so I want to see Kevin show his range of passing.

“We’ve got lads who can mix things up physically in there so what he’s got to do is stand out with the quality of his passes.

“Kevin did well against Doncaster but I want to see more from him in terms of being positive and penetrating rather than just going for a safety-first ball. But that goes for the whole team – not just Kevin – because if you don’t take risks then you don’t get anything in this business.”

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/macca_magic_1_3632264

Oh, and Koz is being offered a new deal:

ROB Kozluk has been offered a new contract at Sheffield United, manager Danny Wilson confirmed last night.

The full-back was released by the club last season but joined the squad on their recent tour of Malta.

“I’d like Rob to come on board,” Wilson confirmed. “He can play down the left or right, is a great character and good to have around the dressing room. On top of that he’s very committed to Sheffield United which is a bonus.”

Kozluk, who has made over 200 appearances for United, returned to Bramall Lane a year ago following a spell with Barnsley.

“As far as I’m aware it’s at the stage where Rob is talking to the people here,” added Wilson. “But he knows my thoughts.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/kozluk_offered_fresh_terms_by_the_blades_1_3632257

To be fair, every manager we've had for the last 5 years has talked about the need to replace Michael Brown !

Yep, he's making the right noises, the proof will be on the pitch which doesn't include starting with Bodie and Doyle.

ROB Kozluk has been offered a new contract at Sheffield United, manager Danny Wilson confirmed last night.

I thought we didn't have money to waste?

And as for the midfield, as ever with United, the lesson is ignore what they say and go by what they do. Wilson didn't sign that dreadful bunch of scrappy non scoring non passing midgets, but he sure as hell has the power not to play them. I hope we do not see Monty and Doyle together again (in fact, I don't want to see either of them full stop, but that's too much to expect).

"To sign Kozluk once may be regarded as a misfortune; to sign him twice looks like carelessness"

Even Wilde could not contemplate a third time!

I thought we didn't have money to waste?

To be fair I don't think he will be on much and he's not the worst we could have done.. i.e. Noswank

In terms of Koz, I can't help but believe he adds that bit of experience that people are screaming out for. He'll be very much backup for both full back positions so no harm done at all signing him again.

And the midfielder thing. We've left number 7 open for a reason I think. And I reckon it's for McDonald.

In terms of Koz, I can't help but believe he adds that bit of experience that people are screaming out for. He'll be very much backup for both full back positions so no harm done at all signing him again.

You said the same about Fortune and Bromby before him (they are only back up, they aren't going to play much). I don't follow that line of reasoning. I'm on board with getting back up, and I realise that we are not Chelsea and can't have 2 great players in each position, but signing someone who has demonstrated he is in no way up to the job any more is just nuts. When they do play (again, see Fortune and Bromby) it can turn out to be a shambles.

To be fair, every manager we've had for the last 5 years has talked about the need to replace Michael Brown !

Yep, he's making the right noises, the proof will be on the pitch which doesn't include starting with Bodie and Doyle.

and it also seems every manager wants Kozluk because of his character.

I thought the thread title was irony

You said the same about Fortune and Bromby before him (they are only back up, they aren't going to play much). I don't follow that line of reasoning. I'm on board with getting back up, and I realise that we are not Chelsea and can't have 2 great players in each position, but signing someone who has demonstrated he is in no way up to the job any more is just nuts. When they do play (again, see Fortune and Bromby) it can turn out to be a shambles.

Did I? Blimey. Good memory.

And to be honest, to use the same line trotted out plenty at the moment, 'we're fishing in a different pool'. Kozluk is the best type of backup at our level I'd suggest.

I think that when they finally drop the bomb all that will survive are cockroaches and Kozluk ;)

Did I? Blimey. Good memory.

And to be honest, to use the same line trotted out plenty at the moment, 'we're fishing in a different pool'. Kozluk is the best type of backup at our level I'd suggest.

Your probably right there.

People have forgot we have sunk so low we are taking anyone on really.

Kozluk is the better option purely because there is no better options.

Your probably right there.

People have forgot we have sunk so low we are taking anyone on really.

Kozluk is the better option purely because there is no better options.

At such an affordable rate I'd add, I wouldn't be suprised to see Kozzy, move into coaching at the lane at some point as well.

It seems strange to have a manager who talks sense and actually addresses the concerns of the general supporter...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/macca_magic_1_3632264

Oh, and Koz is being offered a new deal:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/kozluk_offered_fresh_terms_by_the_blades_1_3632257

To be honest, personally it means jack shit how much sense a manager talks. I hear it every week. Most of em these days seem to have a degree in telling the fans what they want to hear. Water off a ducks back to me.

What's important is getting the results on the pitch.

Get that right and I'll be happy.

Get it wrong and I'm afraid it'll be the usual: f'k off Wilson and don't come back.

The reaction to this quote :thumbup:

And this whole "we hear it every week". Find me a similar quote from one of our previous managers about
a) telling a creative midfielder to take more risks rather than pass it sideways, and
b) how we have too many similar central midfielders

I can't for the life of me think of any in recent memory.

And this whole "we hear it every week". Find me a similar quote from one of our previous managers about
a) telling a creative midfielder to take more risks rather than pass it sideways, and

I can't quote managers quoting like for like. I'm generalising about managers talking sense.

Like I say, they all have a degree in it these days. Action speaks louder than words.

I don't care if he never speaks to the press again. Win games and I'm happy! Lose em and it's the same owd same owd.................................bye bye Wilson!

"To sign Kozluk once may be regarded as a misfortune; to sign him twice looks like carelessness"

Even Wilde could not contemplate a third time!

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Oscar Wilde

and I always pass on good advice , as I find it is of no use to ones self

his quips are legend

Adam's remarks about the players being 'cowards' towards the end of last season were based on them playing too many easy, safe balls.

Adam's remarks about the players being 'cowards' towards the end of last season were based on them playing too many easy, safe balls.

I took that more as defenders not booting the ball up field rather than a creative midfielder being willing to play a killer ball. That I said, I accept it could be taken in a couple of different ways.

Although, Danny W was very explicit about what he meant.

Back
Top Bottom