Taking the small mercies

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Balham Blade

S24SU Seer
Reaction score
Jnr Snr's fifth live United game today. He had previously yet to see us score so that monkey is off his back which is great.

The main victory today (and you take what you can get) is that we were able to point out to his Wednesday supporting cousins (aged 16, 14 & 9) who were taking the piss that he's seen more Premier League goals than any of them have in their lives.

I think it was 60 years ago today that I first attended Bramall Lane. Reserve team game v Bury. I was an excited 8 year old who couldn't wait for my dad to take me again.

Looking at today's game and result it's easy to question ones sanity for putting up with it all for 60 years.

But will I be there at the next home game. Of course I will.

Balham, I hope your youngster enjoys his times at the Lane. Overall it's priceless.

Last edited:
My youngest daughter came to her first game today. Thought I would buy a programme (don't usually get one) and weirdly, there was a piece on my first ever game, also against Luton in 1991. Strange coincidence!

We came back from 1 down to win 2-1 that day, so I was thinking it was more than a coincidence after about an hour today 😃

Back
Top Bottom