Taking a break.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Too much toxicity on here at the minute, which is understandable, but it's dragging me down to a state of feeling that I don't like in myself. I'm lashing out at the wife and kids with anger. Lockdown has taken its toll on many of us and I think the news last week has just topped the lot. It has ripped the support in two.

I think this is the lowest I've felt supporting United for years and years, probably since Heath. Not being able to be at the game is making it worse. It's the most detached from the club I've ever been in my life.

We're hurting, all of us are. Wilder is hurting, Sharp is hurting, the other players are and I honestly believe the Prince and Bettis are hurting too. At a time when we need to be united as fans, it's actually caused the total opposite, we're all at each other whether you side with the board or with Wilder or are somewhere in between.

I'm going to take a backseat for a bit. I'll still be lurking like a turd that wont flush, but I won't be posting in the football chat for a bit, i'll stick to the general forums. I'm just in a state where I can't be arsed with it.

Managers, players and chairmen will all come and go, but there's 2 things that will always be here - Sheffield United and that fans that follow them. We are Bladesmen, from the lane !

See you on the other side!

Last edited:

Too much toxicity on here at the minute, which is understandable, but it's dragging me down to a state of feeling that I don't like in myself. I'm lashing out at the wife and kids with anger. Lockdown has taken its toll on many of us and I think the news last week has just topped the lot. It has ripped the support in two.

I think this is the lowest I've felt supporting United for years and years, probably since Heath. Not being able to be at the game is making it worse. It's the most detached from the club I've ever been in my life.

We're hurting, all of us are. Wilder is hurting, Sharp is hurting, the other players are and I honestly believe the Prince and Bettis are hurting too. At a time when we need to be United as fans, it's actually caused the total opposite, we're all at each other whether you side with the board or with Wilder or are somewhere in between.

I'm going to take a backseat for a bit. I'll still be lurking like a turd that wont flush, but I won't be posting in the football chat for a bit, i'll stick to the general forums. I'm just in a state where I can't be arsed with it.

Managers, players and chairmen will all come and go, but there's 2 things that will always be here - Sheffield United and that fans that follow them. We are Bladesmen, from the lane !

Enjoy your break, stay safe, enjoy whatever pleasures you can and get ready for August.

We're hurting, all of us are. Wilder is hurting, Sharp is hurting, the other players are and I honestly believe the Prince and Bettis are hurting too. At a time when we need to be United as fans, it's actually caused the total opposite, we're all at each other whether you side with the board or with Wilder or are somewhere in between.

I know exactly how you feel. The only thing in the house I have to lash out at is the Cat, and she has sharp claws so fuck that.

I stick around because most of the friends I thought I had in the "real" world seem to have done one, so I have nowhere else to be. I'm just trying to navigate the shite on here at the moment.

Don't be a stranger and pm me if you need a chat. Not that I am some sort of Yoda and can impart any wisdom, but you know, a problem shared and all that

Good luck fella, hope to see you back in the summer renewed and refreshed. Take care, much more to life than football

I did this in early Jan. It did help

Well said. The pandemic has caused so much turmoil and uncertainty and is affecting all our mental health and wellbeing.
This whole situation has been very badly handled and we need some clear communication from the club.

Back
Top Bottom