Sydie Peck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?



Getting robbed and costing goals..seen this happen to him playing for Blades....receives ball from defender tries to turn and gets robbed.

I also think he's really slow to react on the second not following the scorer through the middle.
Though looks like a bad night For England kids in general.

I like him but still plenty to improve on.
 





Getting robbed and costing goals..seen this happen to him playing for Blades....receives ball from defender tries to turn and gets robbed.

Yep 👍
And people have a go at me for calling him overrated. He’s cost us a few goals this season for similar. He got caught a few times and was lucky it only cost one goal. Should have done better for the second goal too. I think he flatters to deceive
 
Yep 👍
And people have a go at me for calling him overrated. He’s cost us a few goals this season for similar. He got caught a few times and was lucky it only cost one goal. Should have done better for the second goal too. I think he flatters to deceive
Almost every goal is a mistake of someone, not tracking, missing a tackle etc. as someone who plays centrally he’s bound to be prone to that.

Let’s face it any shot from distance you can probably either blame the keeper or the defensive midfield screen for not closing down.

Peck is getting picked for England. Surely we should take pride in that? And shouldn’t we also acknowledge how much he’s become a pivotal player and for one so young.

That being said he’s another who is a square peg in a round hole. Not a big obvious one. But he was more attacking in his role in the u21s and youth and was a more frequent scorer. Playing him as part of a double pivot has taken him away from that. He needs to be moved to an 8 rather than sitting in a double 6.
 
Yep 👍
And people have a go at me for calling him overrated. He’s cost us a few goals this season for similar. He got caught a few times and was lucky it only cost one goal. Should have done better for the second goal too. I think he flatters to deceive
To be fair that’s not his natural position, he’s been made to play deeper due to the way the team plays and ‘replacing’ Arblaster in the team.

In the United U21s he played a more attacking role, 8 or a 10, and he looks much better when played there.

This is why he’s one of the ‘trusted’ ones. He’ll do as he’s told at the expense of his own performances.
 
Last edited:
Agree with most of the above he is creative but wasted in current role.
If Seriki is fit for Saturday I would put Choudry in front of the Defence allowing Phillips to be a bit more advanced.
With Peck or play Donovan in the Peck role free to move side to side creating
 
To be fair that’s not his natural position, he’s been made to play deeper due to the way the team plays and ‘replacing’ Arblaster in the team.

In the United U21s he played a more attacking role, 8 or a 10, and he looks much better when played there.

This is why he’s one of the ‘trusted’ ones. He’ll do as he’s told at the expense of his own performances.
I agree with that. But he was playing further forward for England 🤷‍♂️
Giving the ball away is giving the ball away. Just more chance in it ending up in the back of the net if you’re deeper
 
Almost every goal is a mistake of someone, not tracking, missing a tackle etc. as someone who plays centrally he’s bound to be prone to that.

Let’s face it any shot from distance you can probably either blame the keeper or the defensive midfield screen for not closing down.

Peck is getting picked for England. Surely we should take pride in that? And shouldn’t we also acknowledge how much he’s become a pivotal player and for one so young.

That being said he’s another who is a square peg in a round hole. Not a big obvious one. But he was more attacking in his role in the u21s and youth and was a more frequent scorer. Playing him as part of a double pivot has taken him away from that. He needs to be moved to an 8 rather than sitting in a double 6.
I agree. I don’t think he’s a terrible player, I like him a lot but I think he’s overrated. I think the passion he shows clouds peoples judgement a bit
 
I agree. I don’t think he’s a terrible player, I like him a lot but I think he’s overrated. I think the passion he shows clouds peoples judgement a bit
I don’t I watch him a lot … number 1 he has all the foundations of being a great player like

1. Attitude
2. Confidence
3. Desire
4. Work rate

Number 2 he is constantly moving in to space looking for a pass and then to receive it back.

Number 3 we are far worse without him in the team.

I dint think he’s overrated at all I think he’s an unsung hero and that we need him more than he needs us …

If he moves to a bigger and better club I think he will flourish and can easily become a premier league regular
 
I don’t I watch him a lot … number 1 he has all the foundations of being a great player like

1. Attitude
2. Confidence
3. Desire
4. Work rate

Number 2 he is constantly moving in to space looking for a pass and then to receive it back.

Number 3 we are far worse without him in the team.

I dint think he’s overrated at all I think he’s an unsung hero and that we need him more than he needs us …

If he moves to a bigger and better club I think he will flourish and can easily become a premier league regular
I agree. He does have attitude, confidence, desire and work rate. They’re the reasons I think he gets overrated. Because fans (especially our fans) don’t see past that side of the game.
What about technical stuff like passing range, shooting, keeping the ball, dominating games??
Again, I rate him, I like him, I want him in the team. But I think he is made out to be better than what he is. Hence overrated
 
I agree. He does have attitude, confidence, desire and work rate. They’re the reasons I think he gets overrated. Because fans (especially our fans) don’t see past that side of the game.
What about technical stuff like passing range, shooting, keeping the ball, dominating games??
Again, I rate him, I like him, I want him in the team. But I think he is made out to be better than what he is. Hence overrated
Naaaaa he’s not he’s a work in progress and when he leaves he will go to a better club than us and achieve more than us…he’s got a great career ahead of him
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom