Super Draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Just received the monthly email from United telling me I've not won Super draw again. I've been in Super draw since the start and have a £10 plus a £10 voucher in all the years. I might be wrong but seem to think it start in mid 80s.

Appreciate that it was set up as Blades revival to help purchase players. Then Neil Warnock diverted it to fund the Academy. I'm not sure what it funds nowadays.

Does anyone know how much it raises these days?

With us being a Premier league club is it time to call it a day with Superdraw?

I have been in for many years, had a few 10 pound cheques and a brick, that’s it

Same here mate. Just was wondering if my numbers are still in the system. Only a fiver a month. But still.....

Just received the monthly email from United telling me I've not won Super draw again. I've been in Super draw since the start and have a £10 plus a £10 voucher in all the years. I might be wrong but seem to think it start in mid 80s.

Appreciate that it was set up as Blades revival to help purchase players. Then Neil Warnock diverted it to fund the Academy. I'm not sure what it funds nowadays.

Does anyone know how much it raises these days?

With us being a Premier league club is it time to call it a day with Superdraw?
The wife won £2,000 on it last year⚔️👍

Once bought some Blades shares now worthless , good cause though , lots of fine wine in the boardroom , oh and choccy hobnobs.

Bert won £1,000 in 1999.

He spent it on a computer so he could navigate the mysteries of the Internet.

£2000, 2 X £250, a brick and a few tenners... Would be nice to know where funds do go now ? Wasn't Academy mentioned?

It began in 1986 been in it from day one
Ive had 2 x £1000 and a £2000 holiday voucher not had much since Im probably one of the lucky ones

I won the £1000 in about 1992 v QPR. Had pic taken with TC and Nathan Peel. Walk back to Kop at half time with cheque in hand was very loud because it was usually won by South Stand regulars.

The other highlight for me was accompanying Miss sheffield united of the time to it's inception at the top rank.

Superdraw/Blades revival membership use to come with ticket priority (above general sale/membership). How come that is no longer the case?

UTB

Won sod all but I don’t play it, sounds like I made a wise decision tbh.

Won a few £10 prizes over the last 4 years I’ve been in so over £300+ down I guess haha

Happily got a shout from Rooks that I’d won £2k once! Other than that, the odd tenner.

A couple of bricks and the odd tenner, not much to show for being in it from the off. 🙁

I won £2000 shortly after getting back from the 1st pre season in Portugal.

I’ve been in it since the beginning and won a car in 1988. Ian Bryson gave me the keys to red Mini Metro at half time vs Wolves.

I didn’t realise that it was still a thing.

Due to the frequency of their wins, in the late 80’s / early 90’s, I assumed it was a way of giving players tax free bonuses. 🤷‍♂️

I think it's the case that the money raised through the Superdraw now goes to the Sheffield United Community Foundation, the "charitable arm" of the club.

"A minimum of 20% of the stake money, and any proceeds after prizes and expenses have been deducted, shall be donated to the beneficiary of the Super Draw Lotto: the Sheffield United Community Foundation"

I mean, a pound note is a pound note. But, the simple take is the money is no longer used for things like funding transfer fees and/or developing the Academy, etc.

Back
Top Bottom