Summer 2024: Contracts who stays and who goes?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The bigger issues here, for me are:

1. How will we afford the level of recruitment we needed?

2. How will we coordinate the level of recruitment we will need, proactively?

We've been a shit show in the past, and I have zero faith in the hierarchy to get enough deals done. I don't think we'll get enough quality or quantity over the line.

My opinion.

Davies - keep as back up - 1yr deal
Amissah - out.
Wes - out - going anyway
Bash - 1yr on cheaper terms as cover
Egan - keep if fitness is proven
Baldock - keep and make Captain
Bogle - keep but (hopefully) look for a small fee if unimproved
Lowe, RND, & Larouchi - all out - try to sign a decent, fit left back using the combined wages
Ozzy- keep - too useful to release
Norwood - out - 'God like' signing but the time has come
Mcburnie - out - I'll drive him!
Jebbo - keep

Macca - out - going anyway
Holgate - out - doesn't want to be here anyway
Diaz - try best to sign permanently
Archer - loan back if at all possible

Anel - will surely go. Decent fee required.

Wilder - out at end of season after he's dealt with all the relegation fallout. We owe him nothing! Fresh start with vision required - Hopefully we're already trying to talk to Steve Cooper or Liam Rosenior about coming here long-term and overhauling the club as they would want it to be done, full rein.

utb

My opinion.

Amissah - out.
Wes - out - going anyway
Lowe, RND, & Larouchi - all out - try to sign a decent, fit left back using the combined wages
Jebbo - keep

Wilder - out at end of season after he's dealt with all the relegation fallout. We owe him nothing! Fresh start with vision required - Hopefully we're already trying to talk to Steve Cooper or Liam Rosenior about coming here long-term and overhauling the club as they would want it to be done, full rein.

utb
The Liam Rosenior point is excellent but not sure he'd leave Hull for us.... After this season, theyre more likely to get inthe PL before us...

My opinion.

Amissah - out.
Wes - out - going anyway
Jebbo - keep

utb
Holgate- doesn't want to be here anyway. Source?
Blokes only played a couple of games, let's see what he's like over the last 10 games before writing him off for one crazy tackle.

I know that McBurnie really splits the fan base and he does seem like he's a very physical and motivated person.

However, if you had a top spec quality car that you'd paid top dollar for and it was breaking down every few weeks and back in the garage constantly what would you do?
To compare McB with a top spec quality car is pushing it a bit. Clapped out old banger would be more accurate.
After years of unreliable, poor service I'd definitely trade him in.

My opinion.

Amissah - out.
Wes - out - going anyway
Jebbo - keep

utb
Davies?? Definitely not, we need a much better backup for Grbic.
Bash - thanks and goodbye.
Rest agree
I'd love Cooper to come in.

My opinion.

Amissah - out.
Wes - out - going anyway
Jebbo - keep

utb
I agree with most of this in fairness. I would keep Amissah and get rid of our other keepers.
Brewster and Bogle to go too. Sousza will be sold I expect.

Keeping.
Egan
Robinson
Baldock
Osula
Jebbison
Diaz
Hamer
Trusty
Osborn.
Tom Davies
Arblaster.

You add a couple of loans a couple of free transfers and buy 3-4 more and you have a fair enough squad.

whos played enough to stay
Name
Jack Robinson
2323'​
25​
2​
3​
1​
7​
-​
-​
Vinicius Souza
2173'​
25​
2​
7​
1​
2​
-​
-​
Gustavo Hamer
2074'​
24​
2​
13​
3​
8​
-​
-​
Wes Foderingham
2198'​
24​
1​
-​
-​
2​
-​
-​
Jayden Bogle
1920'​
22​
2​
7​
1​
8​
-​
-​
Oliver Norwood
1404'​
16​
8​
4​
1​
7​
-​
-​
James McAtee
1579'​
18​
5​
12​
3​
2​
-​
-​
Anel Ahmedhodžić
1840'​
20​
2​
1​
1​
8​
-​
-​
Auston Trusty
1772'​
19​
3​
2​
-​
4​
-​
-​
Cameron Archer
1450'​
16​
5​
7​
4​
1​
-​
-​
William Osula
732'​
9​
9​
8​
-​
4​
-​
-​
Oliver McBurnie
911'​
11​
5​
5​
4​
2​
2​
-​
Ben Osborn
700'​
6​
9​
3​
-​
2​
-​
-​
George Baldock
970'​
11​
2​
2​
-​
4​
-​
-​
Andre Brooks
655'​
8​
5​
8​
-​
1​
-​
-​
Luke Thomas
919'​
11​
1​
4​
-​
3​
-​
-​
Anis Ben Slimane
363'​
4​
7​
4​
-​
2​
-​
-​
Rhian Brewster
302'​
3​
8​
3​
-​
-​
-​
1​
Tom Davies
216'​
2​
7​
2​
-​
2​
-​
-​
Yasser Larouci
421'​
4​
5​
4​
-​
1​
-​
-​
Chris Basham
318'​
3​
5​
2​
-​
1​
-​
-​
Max Lowe
397'​
3​
5​
2​
-​
1​
-​
-​
Bénie Traoré
386'​
3​
5​
2​
-​
-​
-​
-​
John Egan
484'​
6​
-​
2​
-​
2​
-​
-​
Rhys Norrington-Davies
111'​
2​
3​
2​
-​
1​
-​
-​
Ben Brereton
258'​
4​
-​
4​
2​
1​
-​
-​
John Fleck
90'​
1​
3​
1​
-​
1​
-​
-​
Ivo Grbić
322'​
4​
-​
1​
-​
1​
-​
-​
Mason Holgate
193'​
3​
-​
-​
-​
1​
-​
1​
Ollie Arblaster
106'​
1​
1​
1​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Antwoine Hackford
11'​
-​
2​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Ryan Oné
7'​
-​
1​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Sydie Peck
9'​
-​
1​

21 players played 15 or less games
RND FOR EG PLAYED 111 MINUTES THIS SEASON
leck had only played 90 minutes before he was let go

too many first choices only played 15 or so games

Last edited:
I think we should replace most of our ageing players, especially those out of contract, with young, athletic players with an instinctive ability to play fast, exciting football who'll work for magic beans 😁

Wes, Davies, Lowe, Basham, Norwood, Osborn and Coulibaly are definites for me to go.

Undecided on Amissah, Bogle, Baldock, Egan, RND, McBurnie and Jebbison. (Injuries and form)

I think we should replace most of our ageing players, especially those out of contract, with young, athletic players with an instinctive ability to play fast, exciting football who'll work for magic beans 😁

I like the cut of your jib.

I'm hoping that come the end of the season, United retain about the same as a man who has had 14 pints of Guinness, 4 packs of peanuts, a Mutton Vindaloo with dodgy onion bhaji when he sits on the pot the next morning with severe gut ache.

Just out of interest what do you think Norwood would offer us?
For me just a bit of experience, been there and done it more than once. I don't mean as a starter but coming from the bench to kill a game off in the dying minutes and retaining the ball kind of situations. And also for around the squad, be good for younger players like arblaster and brooks who play similar positions.

The Liam Rosenior point is excellent but not sure he'd leave Hull for us.... After this season, theyre more likely to get inthe PL before us...
There was a piece on Football Focus recently and although he was born in London, his grandma lived in Hull and followed the team and how proud she was when he signed for Hull. He came across as very committed to the Hull cause, not sure why he’d be interested in us.

There was a piece on Football Focus recently and although he was born in London, his grandma lived in Hull and followed the team and how proud she was when he signed for Hull. He came across as very committed to the Hull cause, not sure why he’d be interested in us.
Theres that, but there's also the fact he's spent a couple of years cultivatiing the squad to how he wants it and patiently put them in a great position.

Throwing all that away to come here would be a ridiculous decision as the one thing we're not as a fan base is patient!!

im 50/50 with wilder but think we will give him 3 months next season at least personally i would go for cooper know forest broke ffp to stay in the premier league but cooper had em playing great attacking football in the championship.as for the squad davies bogle lowe larrouchi norwood osborn coulibally brewster mcburnie slimane holgate souza and traore can all go for me get 4/5 youngsters in the matchday squad and add 4/5 good championship players as well

Holgate- doesn't want to be here anyway. Source?
Blokes only played a couple of games, let's see what he's like over the last 10 games before writing him off for one crazy tackle.
I have always welcomed new players to the club no matter what fans had said about them before they had kicked a ball for us . UNTIL we were connected to Holgate .My God I had seen him a few times before hand playing for Everton and Southampton ,I described his performances as a car crash ,could not believe that he was playing in the prem or championship . In fact he was so poor i am surprised he is playing league football .Ask any Saints fan or Everton fan what they think ,How strange that a relegation rival would allow their center back to go and play for another club battling for survival or is it a master stroke by Everton ?

For me just a bit of experience, been there and done it more than once. I don't mean as a starter but coming from the bench to kill a game off in the dying minutes and retaining the ball kind of situations. And also for around the squad, be good for younger players like arblaster and brooks who play similar positions.
I get your point with the experience aspect but personally I'd prefer Billy Sharp back for that, probably cost less wages too.

I have always welcomed new players to the club no matter what fans had said about them before they had kicked a ball for us . UNTIL we were connected to Holgate .My God I had seen him a few times before hand playing for Everton and Southampton ,I described his performances as a car crash ,could not believe that he was playing in the prem or championship . In fact he was so poor i am surprised he is playing league football .Ask any Saints fan or Everton fan what they think ,How strange that a relegation rival would allow their center back to go and play for another club battling for survival or is it a master stroke by Everton ?
i watched holgate in the few games he played for southampton in the championship and he was awful turned inside out by every attack he faced why on earth wilder signed him to play rcb in a premier league team is beyond belief

i watched holgate in the few games he played for southampton in the championship and he was awful turned inside out by every attack he faced why on earth wilder signed him to play rcb in a premier league team is beyond belief
Well yes i agree .I like wilder but signing Holgate has me scratching my head :(

Well yes i agree .I like wilder but signing Holgate has me scratching my head :(
holgate was a great prospect a few years ago but hes pinching a wage these days both worrall and mepham are better than him

Back
Top Bottom