SUFC 'Mis-spelt' XI

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’d say Peter Kachuro but United and the press seemed to change his spelling season-to-season before settling finally on Katchouro, so anyone guilty of misspelling that in the past is given a rare reprieve.

Cipriano as I recall would always get surprise usage from time to time by reporters too.

I’d say Peter Kachuro but United and the press seemed to change his spelling season-to-season before settling finally on Katchouro, so anyone guilty of misspelling that in the past is given a rare reprieve.

Cipriano as I recall would always get surprise usage from time to time by reporters too.

I agree about Petr Katchuro's name being spelt differently every time, but with the other one are you thinking of Marcello dos Santos Cipriano?

To be fair, there's no good basis spelling for Katchouro since it's from a different alphabet. Peter wasn't even his name, hence on wikipedia he's called "Pyotr Kachura". Peter's just the closest Anglicisation.

And his name was Mickey Addams.

I agree about Petr Katchuro's name being spelt differently every time, but with the other one are you thinking of Marcello dos Santos Cipriano?

I do hope the extra L was intended deliberately for comedy purposes and to provoke a spelling-error twitch on my part...

To be fair, there's no good basis spelling for Katchouro since it's from a different alphabet. Peter wasn't even his name, hence on wikipedia he's called "Pyotr Kachura". Peter's just the closest Anglicisation.

And his name was Mickey Addams.

It was often spelt "Petr" too.

Think he was the first Belarussian to play professionally in England.

Not a spelling error but a pronunciation cock up.

Paul Peschisolido.

Is it Pesk e soleedo as I, and most other Blades said it , or is it Pesky Solid O as the numpty on the TV commentary pronounced it?

Back
Top Bottom