Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Community Foundation Games

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
Niche. There's an argument for posting in Other Football & Sport. But, these are Sheffield United teams. Below the Shirecliffe Academy teams are the Community Foundation teams. Pre Academy if you like. One of them (sort of United's D Team) play in the marvellous National Football Youth League. My bag is going to games having a beer and Blogging it. I'll start this thread with an older Blog. With more background on the NFYL, it's graduates & where it fits in.

http://ball-sup.blogspot.com/2020/12/a-game-remember-them.html

It's been mentioned before that Keenan Ferguson came through this team. Have any others got into our Academy?

I'm not going to Blog this one, as it's a bit deep down the pecking order. But, a feisty, inconsistently reffed match today. Late equaliser from Macclesfield, and Utd missing 3 out of 4 in the penalty shootout.

I'm not going to Blog this one, as it's a bit deep down the pecking order. But, a feisty, inconsistently reffed match today. Late equaliser from Macclesfield, and Utd missing 3 out of 4 in the penalty shootout.

Afterthought. United also missed a penalty at 0-0 in the 90. And our second goal in the 90 was a penalty. Took six penalties in total scored just two.

Unless summat weird happens, that was my sixth & final SUFC game of the 2020-21 "football" season. (I've checked the Carrier Bag Firm sacred lists - 88 in 2018-19). FFS.
Anyway. Nice end as the Community U19s come out on top against a very physically strong, title chasing Rochdale XI.

http://ball-sup.blogspot.com/2021/06/six-game-season.html

In a madly truncated & disrupted season, Sheffield United Community Foundation "A" have won the Community & Education Football Alliance League North Central 1 League....
Screenshot_20210709-122313_Chrome~2.jpg

The 2021/22 National Football Youth League season kicked off today. The CBF weren't available to attend. But it looks a DISASTROUS start for the College Kid Blades. It seems we're fielding team in both the North East Championship (lost 6-1 at home to Sunderland) and the North East Premier (lost 9-1 away at Newcastle United)

I was at a thoroughly enjoyable and hard fought 2-1 win v Burnley in the NFYL North East Premier in the week. Classic Carrier Bag Firm day out - two different number 6s scored for Utd & we had that classic Christmas Ale, the English Pale!!!

Anyway. Musings re all that on this Blog.

I was at a thoroughly enjoyable and hard fought 2-1 win v Burnley in the NFYL North East Premier in the week. Classic Carrier Bag Firm day out - two different number 6s scored for Utd & we had that classic Christmas Ale, the English Pale!!!

Anyway. Musings re all that on this Blog.

Forgive the ignorance phil but what does the syt stand for in raltion to Burnley’s side is it their equivalent of a community side?

Forgive the ignorance phil but what does the syt stand for in raltion to Burnley’s side is it their equivalent of a community side?
Well all the teams in the National Football Youth League are effectively College Kids, playing under the badge of a football club. And they'll be called a variety of things depending on how the clubs and colleges have structured & financed their programmes. Ours are badged Community Foundation.

Burnley have actually got one of the best & most appropriate names. SYT. Shadow Youth Team. I have incorrectly called this level pre-Academy in the past. But more recently tried to use Shadow Academy. Pre should really be used for the younger age groups, being recruited into & training at Shirecliffe, etc. Shadow better describes these College lads. Who if they get a good second or third wind are ideally placed to shift to the "real" Academy.

Well all the teams in the National Football Youth League are effectively College Kids, playing under the badge of a football club. And they'll be called a variety of things depending on how the clubs and colleges have structured & financed their programmes. Ours are badged Community Foundation.

Burnley have actually got one of the best & most appropriate names. SYT. Shadow Youth Team. I have incorrectly called this level pre-Academy in the past. But more recently tried to use Shadow Academy. Pre should really be used for the younger age groups, being recruited into & training at Shirecliffe, etc. Shadow better describes these College lads. Who if they get a good second or third wind are ideally placed to shift to the "real" Academy.
Cheers for the explanation phil. I really like that these more education focused teams for lads transitioning out of the academy system have caught on. Much better than lads just being dumped out nice to see clubs actually taking the duty of care seriously.

One for the Hop Heads here as I throw myself well & truly into the Frozen Fresh Hops project. All surrounding a comeback from two down draw against Liverpool.

Just witnessed a 4-1 win v Sheffield Wednesday in the National Football Youth League, North East Championship.

I went up there mainly because they'd fucking let me into that one with no mither - unlike the Shirecliffe Shit Show.

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United Community Foundation U19 4️⃣
🆚 Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme 1️⃣
⚽ SUFC 2023/24 Game 1️⃣1️⃣
🔗 From John Brayford to Ceeeej to Marshall Francis
📋 My Football & Beerless Blog
📖 Read here 👇

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United Community Foundation A 1️⃣
🦉 Sheffield Wednesday Community Programme A 3️⃣
🏟️✅4️⃣7️⃣1️⃣
🏟️✅ Ground 2️⃣3️⃣3️⃣/♾️ with SUFC XI
🍺 Sheffield, the Home of Carling Lager
🕤 What's your earliest Kick Off?
📋 My Football & Beer Blog
📖 Read here 👇

Back
Top Bottom