SUFC - An Embarrassment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

AJBlade

Reaction score
The result today was terrible and generally this season performances have been woeful.

The recruitment in the summer was awful; to be undone so many times by equally as weak teams, let alone the thrashings we’ve had by Newcastle, Burnley, Arsenal without even throwing a punch isn’t acceptable.

The opposition always look like they’ve got at least two more players than us due to our poor fitness, lack of positional sense and general poor play.

No doubt we’ll leave it right until the end of January to sign a journeyman on loan and waste another 6 games staring the Championship in the face.

I’ve always been proud of the Blades over the 30 years I’ve supported them but it’s getting to the point where you start losing faith with the strategy and what they’re actually trying to achieve.

We needed a proven top level striker in the summer and at least one athletic, strong midfielder that can run all day. We have too many liabilities and mistakes in the team; it’s either the GK, Robinson, Lowe, Norwood making basic mistakes or the Bosnian getting sent off along with Egan. We just don’t have the quality to compete.

The season’s done, the goal difference adds another minus point onto the embarrassing tally.

Dread to think what City will do to us, absolutely embarrassed to be a Blade at the moment.

Think we’ve got some pride back under Wilder and we’re scrapping rather than rolling over and letting teams tickle our belly. But the fact remains we must be the only team to sell their best players after getting promoted, talk about one step forward two steps back. It’s never been done before and it won’t be done again by a PL club. Got to be lesson learned for the club. And we should have potted Hecky after the Newcastle game, then maybe we would have had a punchers chance.

The critical point is we need the Prince to sell and more immediately we’ve got until the end of the week before our raft of out of contract players can sign a pre-contract agreement with other clubs. We need to start putting together a squad for next year and renewing deals. Until then we’ll keep fighting and picking up points where we can.

We needed a proven top level striker in the summer and at least one athletic, strong midfielder that can run all day.
We signed Tom Davies to be our guy for that - someone who'd been injured a long time, who we insisted on no pre season for in order to save a few pennies

The approach to pre season, recruitment and sticking with an incompetent manager through some of the most humiliating defeats imaginable has been a negligent, shameless embarrassment. We basically got promoted only to decide not to bother.
It's over to Wilder to salvage some pride, and he will. He may have been able to do more if we'd been run even semi competently and appointed him earlier, but after today's terminal blow, pride is all we have left to play for. Which I'd say is 20+ points and not getting humiliated again

I think we all knew before the first ball was kicked that we were going to be in the championship next season. We got promoted while under a transfer embargo, we were never going to splash the cash this summer.

We are at least scrapping now, completely agree though, the players aren't fit enough but mid season there is nothing anyone can do about that (without risking the return of the shirecliffe sniper...)

We now have 2 transfer windows and 6 months give or take to bring in fresh legs, bring the kids through, see which of our signings might be worth sticking around, get rid of dead wood.

If we return to the championship with a strong squad than we left it, we should be able to bounce back and do the same again.

Maybe Wilder might take us on a magical cup run, whatever it might be, I'm in for the journey

The result today was terrible and generally this season performances have been woeful.

The recruitment in the summer was awful; to be undone so many times by equally as weak teams, let alone the thrashings we’ve had by Newcastle, Burnley, Arsenal without even throwing a punch isn’t acceptable.

The opposition always look like they’ve got at least two more players than us due to our poor fitness, lack of positional sense and general poor play.

No doubt we’ll leave it right until the end of January to sign a journeyman on loan and waste another 6 games staring the Championship in the face.

I’ve always been proud of the Blades over the 30 years I’ve supported them but it’s getting to the point where you start losing faith with the strategy and what they’re actually trying to achieve.

We needed a proven top level striker in the summer and at least one athletic, strong midfielder that can run all day. We have too many liabilities and mistakes in the team; it’s either the GK, Robinson, Lowe, Norwood making basic mistakes or the Bosnian getting sent off along with Egan. We just don’t have the quality to compete.

The season’s done, the goal difference adds another minus point onto the embarrassing tally.

Dread to think what City will do to us, absolutely embarrassed to be a Blade at the moment.
Ye
But
Just out of interest:-
When did “the Bosnian [get] sent off” ?

The recruitment was an embarrassment in pre season. Buying 4 or 5 players who have not been training for months and have no chance of being fit for the first game is beyond amateurish.
Not sure who is ultimately at fault but it wasn’t good enough regardless.
Luton complimented their squad with athletes and a couple of seasoned premier league pros (ex England internationals) who are still young enough to have some hunger and desire.
Tom Davies was a good buy based on experience but clearly his lack of fitness resulted in an injury effectively means he misses most of the season.
We need some experience in the window.

People biting on this pig bait should have a think.

30 years a “supporter “; joined a few weeks ago,slating a squad we already knew wasn’t good enough, naming names,I smell Pork,
I’ve supported them 50 odd years,never been embarrassed,had some fantastic times along with the shit ones,grow up.
I’m a genuine Blade and have been a member of other message boards for years, I just cringe when I read our own fans not being able to spell or write properly. Probably the Neanderthals on the back of the Kop off their heads on coke.

I don’t expect to win anything, but I at least expect them to be fit, prepared, organised and a way of playing that might give us a chance of success.

I’m not getting into a ‘I’m a bigger blade’ debate just because I was born in ‘85 and not ‘65; can’t really help that.

It’s fine though, just keep clapping the crap that’s getting churned out every week and ‘enjoy’ the ride of disappointment.

Some points I agree on but the bit that we needed to sign a proven top level striker is very unlikely given our budget because they cost upwards of £15m plus wages. You'd not get someone from the premier league but a player from abroad and they can be mixed in results. Our recruitment was poor for the PL but some of them could be gems next season.

It is all very disappointing though, at least we've got Wilder who will have us up there next season.

We’ve had worse days than these fuck sake . Go ask Bury fans if they wouldn’t mind being bummed week in week out in the prem each week ? I know the answer . We all know why we are where we are don’t we . SO LETS DO OUR BIT and back the boys until the end of the season and then we can all moan like fuck at the ownership/ management when season is over !
UTB ⚔️

Not that I have to prove myself but these are pics of me with Chris Wilder in London, my Blades towel in Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and me with my United shirt on in Brisbane, Australia watching The Ashes. I think it’s obvious I’m not a pig.IMG_5207.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9621.jpeg
    IMG_9621.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2752.jpeg
    IMG_2752.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4814.jpeg
    IMG_4814.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4811.jpeg
    IMG_4811.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
I’m a genuine Blade and have been a member of other message boards for years, I just cringe when I read our own fans not being able to spell or write properly. Probably the Neanderthals on the back of the Kop off their heads on coke.

I don’t expect to win anything, but I at least expect them to be fit, prepared, organised and a way of playing that might give us a chance of success.

I’m not getting into a ‘I’m a bigger blade’ debate just because I was born in ‘85 and not ‘65; can’t really help that.

It’s fine though, just keep clapping the crap that’s getting churned out every week and ‘enjoy’ the ride of disappointment.

Fuck off to those other message boards then please. No ones clapping crap. Mostly pointing out what’s wrong, why and where a solution may be found.

Think we’ve got some pride back under Wilder and we’re scrapping rather than rolling over and letting teams tickle our belly. But the fact remains we must be the only team to sell their best players after getting promoted, talk about one step forward two steps back. It’s never been done before and it won’t be done again by a PL club. Got to be lesson learned for the club. And we should have potted Hecky after the Newcastle game, then maybe we would have had a punchers chance.

The critical point is we need the Prince to sell and more immediately we’ve got until the end of the week before our raft of out of contract players can sign a pre-contract agreement with other clubs. We need to start putting together a squad for next year and renewing deals. Until then we’ll keep fighting and picking up points where we can.
As always, Rodley has opened his mouth and a huge truth has fallen out.

On behalf of all the non neanderthals at the top of the kop that are not on coke - 'hey, who are you calling a neanderthal at the back of the kop off their heads on coke'?!?!

Proud of the last 30 years, a third of which have been in League One, and half of which have been as an average Championship team.
Good enough for most on here I suppose, but my sights were a little higher in the 70's when I decided to support them, wish I'd never bothered to be honest.

And to think that when my Dad arrived in this country he spent the first six months in Manchester, only coming to Sheffield after meeting my Mum.
Why couldn't she fucking go to Manchester instead

Maybe someone who cannot spell or write properly may have dyslexia or a difficulty. I’m as pissed off as any supporter with the crap thats been served up this year with the shit decisions on and off the field,a clapper i am certainty not . Hopefully you sleep well tonight after your little tantrum.

We needed a proven top level striker in the summer…..
So tell me, where from, and for how much?

We can’t afford a “proven top level striker”. Unless tat is we are prepared to spend north of 50 million quid.

Which we ain’t got.

So tell me, where from, and for how much?

We can’t afford a “proven top level striker”. Unless tat is we are prepared to spend north of 50 million quid.

Which we ain’t got.
We don't need a proven Premier League striker, we need a proven Championship striker.........In May.
No point getting one now and completely destroying his confidence

We could pick these up BY OFFERING BETTER WAGES THAN AN AVERAGE CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB, but we won't.
We could pick these up by using our extensive overseas scouting regime....Ha Ha
We could pick these up by scouting players that are far too good for League One, but then we'd have to pay more wages than the average Championship club....which we won't do

So the Blaahhyyydddess Wahhhhyyyy of doing things that has been so successful over the last 100 years will continue

Up until recently I'd have said offer new deals to only Baldock and Wes out of all the out of contract players. Now I'm not bothered. Next season is a start to begin again with all the deadwood gone. Don't waste another pound on the likes of Norwood, McBurnie, Fleck, Osborn etc. I'm not bothered about losing Jebbo either as he's flattered to deceive. He had a huge chance when he returned from Burton and did nothing to impress in a side constantly ravaged by injuries. Sod them all.

Do we have a strategy ?

embarrassed to be a Blade at the moment.
I'm not embarrassed to be a Blade, things are far from good but we are where we are, we needed promotion, we got it and are struggling due to well documented reasons. Used all my restraint not to go down the Foxtrot Oscar route, you should have done the same.

Not that I have to prove myself but these are pics of me with Chris Wilder in London, my Blades towel in Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and me with my United shirt on in Brisbane, Australia watching The Ashes. I think it’s obvious I’m not a pig.View attachment 176775
you're entitled to your own opinion AJ, shouldn't have to prove owt to the easily pleased.

We’re having a bad season in the millionaires’ playpen having sorted out financial issues out off the back of a 91 point/FA cup semi final season.

We’re only 8 points from safety and it really should be 5.

If you’re embarrassed by this club, you simply don’t deserve what you’ve been getting the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom