Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U23 v Coventry City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
The U23s have a scheduled game at Coventry's training complex on Tuesday 14 December at 1pm. An early start for the Carrier Bag Firm that one. Coventry top the table with 28 pts. United are second with 23 from a game less. So, it's a bit of a table topping shoot out.
Effectively, the U23s are under a caretaker as Heckingbottom has gone on to bigger things.

Remember, a great "website" to follow Academy games is the club's official Twitter feed at

www.twitter.com/sufcdevelopment

Screenshot_20211213-153636_Chrome.jpg

Have you been before? Is it likely to be open to spectators?
The Alan Higgs Centre
I've been a few times before
We take "closed" as an occupational hazard & it won't bother us too much
You'll understand in those circumstances I'm nervous about advising others in case it all goes wrong.
But, here's my shot...
It's unusual, as it's attached to a public leisure complex, so it's very difficult for them to stop fans accessing the site itself. Like many training grounds, there's more than one pitch. Some pitches are close to the public bits, some further away. So actual access to the pitch depends on which one they're going to use.
Generally, across different teams, there hasn't been too many problems watching games this season. Coventry don't have a midweek first team game this week. That helps as it means they can be more flexible about which team is where. All of that has lead us to a - we're not worried - position. But, as I say, we're not worried anyway.
Sorry. I hope that helps.

My lad is currently training with Derby academy and they’ve cancelled all training until the end of January at age groups U7’s to U16’s.

They’ve said it’s to protect the training ground from infections in the busy period for fixtures. I just think they can’t afford to cut the grass 😂

Doesn't look a particularly strong U23's side to me.....and I thought Frankie Mags had gone on loan somewhere....?

Doesn't look a particularly strong U23's side to me.....and I thought Frankie Mags had gone on loan somewhere....?

He has, but I believe under the condition of a 'youth loan' he can still play for his parent club's u23 team. Think it's more prominent when the team they're loaned to don't train full time.

Gomis, Maguire & Neal in today's team are all nominally out on loan.

In case you don't hear it elsewhere ... Harrison Neal has played in the centre of a back three in that first half

Here's my Blog from a poor football, great beer day in Coventry. Featuring failed Centre Back Experiments & Breweries named after Fall songs. It was that sort of a day.

And, you might also like a general catch up of other recent Blogs I haven't "pushed"

Back
Top Bottom