Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U23 v Coventry City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Arblaster is now 17 and still a second year scholar. Maguire is now 18.
I stand corrected not been able to follow the 23’s as much as I’d have liked this year.

I like Brooks, got a good eye for goal.
Trying not to think too much about whether they'll progress or not - some will, some will fade. It is just nice to be able to go and watch some great young talent coming through. They all seem commited, all trying their best to forge a career, at whatever level. Good luck to them.
Considering the loanees out now, Lopata not playing, and the likes of Lankshear too (another 16 year old?), great to see a few more stepping up to the 23's and doing well.
Heckingbottom, Lester and Geary etc seem to be doing a sterling job.
Yeah I’m not sure I’d be able to peg any as future first teamers as the transition is so hard to call. Ndiaye has stepped up and the level of opponent doesn’t seem to have affected his game but then he is older and even so it won’t be the same for all of them. They’re just a pleasure to watch right now in the red and white and the club seems to be doing a great job with them all.

Coventry started well and looked physically stornger than us.
I was going to try and check their average age compared to ours, I did think a few first tea squad players were playing today for them. Robins was there watching.
I thought we were superb in the secind half though and they couldn't match our one touch stuff, we caused a good U23 team loads of problems.
Despite Coventry being stronger I felt we bullied them in the second half and were a lot more physical, which was great to see!

He did spend a lot of tie centre mid. All seemed quite flexible in there today with him, Brunt and Slater (more left side) - which was nice to see.
Didn't realise he played deeper for the 18's. Looks good going forwards.

Only caught the last 25 minutes, but to me it looked like they tried the 4-2-3-1 of the first team, looking more like a 4-4-1-1 due to personell.

Amissah
Starbuck Gordon Grant Gomis
Maguire Arblaster Brunt Slater
Capello
Gaxha

Don't know it it was like that from the start.

We’re it Blacky who made the academy lads sweep the car park?

What Hecky and Jack L have done seems miles away considering the spirit them lads have.

We’re it Blacky who made the academy lads sweep the car park?

What Hecky and Jack L have done seems miles away considering the spirit them lads have.
Only caught the last 25 minutes, but to me it looked like they tried the 4-2-3-1 of the first team, looking more like a 4-4-1-1 due to personell.

Amissah
Starbuck Gordon Grant Gomis
Maguire Arblaster Brunt Slater
Capello
Gaxha

Don't know it it was like that from the start.
Is Starbuck any relation?

What happened to the lad Osula? Is he injured? He was scoring freely the end of last season even in the u23s.

Also not sure Ive seen Hackford feature at all for the u18s or u23s this season?

What happened to the lad Osula? Is he injured? He was scoring freely the end of last season even in the u23s.

Also not sure Ive seen Hackford feature at all for the u18s or u23s this season?
Jack Lester did comment last season on the talent coming through the academy, saying " we have more talent coming through possibly better than the ones who have surfaced."He would have been talking of Arblaster and one or two other who we are starting to make there Mark.
These lads would have been recruited by the blades trio who are now working for Man Utd, they were poached !
We are now seeing the results of there time at our academy

Commentator said today Osula's injured. Hackford made his return from injury in the U18's last match

Just on a tangent I watched this on the online link and Kevin Gage’s heavy breathing down the microphone was very off putting.

Jack Lester did comment last season on the talent coming through the academy, saying " we have more talent coming through possibly better than the ones who have surfaced."He would have been talking of Arblaster and one or two other who we are starting to make there Mark.
These lads would have been recruited by the blades trio who are now working for Man Utd, they were poached !
We are now seeing the results of there time at our academy
I thought Jordan Amissah looked good.
Is he the answer to our medium term keeper requirements ?
I realise I have only watched him in one match, but at 20 now he may be a good reserve for next season and number one thereafter ?

Injured. Osula would be the next one of the strikers I’d tip to move up to training with the first team quick without being rapid but certainly explosive and physically ready for men’s football similar physique and height to an in shape mousset. Think he’ll get painted with the billy brush of being called a fat lad most of his career when he’s anything but.

Yes, Silent, I think you are correct, as usual. I used to teach Brian Arblaster at Killamarsh Secondary school in the late fifties. Thus, I reckon , if he is related, he would be the present player's grandfather, rather than father.

I thought Jordan Amissah looked good.
Is he the answer to our medium term keeper requirements ?
I realise I have only watched him in one match, but at 20 now he may be a good reserve for next season and number one thereafter ?
Will have to prove he can play men’s football first this far he’s only had loans below the conference. At 20 he’s going to have to start impressing and getting loan moves higher up the football pyramid if he’s to stake a claim to being uniteds number one at any point in his career. He still has a chance but he’s reaching now or never time in terms of kicking on.

Back
Top Bottom