Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Watford (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Since when did pigs become decent at u21s? I'm a part timer with the youth games but I always thought they were shite and miles behind us in development?

Sheffield Wednesday remain the only Sheffield club to have ever won the Professional Development League National Title. That has continued to elude United. But, that fact doesn't suit the narrative.

The posts below will explain I am wrong & why that doesn't matter....

Since when did pigs become decent at u21s? I'm a part timer with the youth games but I always thought they were shite and miles behind us in development?
I suspecf the pigs squad is what it is whilst a lot of our lads go out on loan.

Happy to be proven wrong on that but pound for pound I’d back our best line up every time against there’s

30 min hat-trick for Will.
He might be out of his depth at Premier League level (a lot of them are) but he is head and shoulders above this level. In the same way Arblaster was.
I think he'll do well in the Championship.

Osula is levels above this standard.

And then you see him in the premier league and realise it's a massive gulf

Osula is levels above this standard.

And then you see him in the premier league and realise it's a massive gulf
It is a massive gulf but I think there is a premier league player in there, certainly good enough for the Chamlionship. He is far more relaxed at this level and it shows where as in the premier league he panics, snatches at shots, even runs faster that the ball is going at times and gets it caught under his feet because he is so desperate to do well.. none of that at this level he is really cool and comfortable with everything he does.. once he can calm himself down and feels comfortable in the 1st team he will stop panicking and relax more…. Well that’s my hope anyway because I think he’s a real talent

Just watching this whilst working from home. You’re right if we keep at I t we could get a hatful today

Osula just hit the post.

Their defence is very suspect, him and marsh are running riot

I know we have a strong side but this Watford side must be really young because it’s so one sided, Osuala just hit the post, Brooks just missed a sitter from a few yards and been other chances also. Really strong performance so far.

could and maybe should be 5. Complete domination, Sydie peck is a rolls Royce

Sasnaukas is having a really nice game for United in the middle at the back. True Watford aren’t applying lots of pressure so it’s not a back against the wall defensive job but what he is doing is marshalling that back line well, sweeping for the other two and advancing with the ball into midfield occasionally trying longer passes. It’s a very composed outing from a young lad who’s clearly very comfortable on the ball.

Could we be finally witnessing the next centre half to finally make the grade since Maguire.

Sasnauskas, still only 17 and is now captaining the 21s, he does look impressive the more I see him so fingers crossed by the time he’s 19- 20 we could have a decent player that steps up if he keeps progressing.

It is a massive gulf but I think there is a premier league player in there, certainly good enough for the Chamlionship. He is far more relaxed at this level and it shows where as in the premier league he panics, snatches at shots, even runs faster that the ball is going at times and gets it caught under his feet because he is so desperate to do well.. none of that at this level he is really cool and comfortable with everything he does.. once he can calm himself down and feels comfortable in the 1st team he will stop panicking and relax more…. Well that’s my hope anyway because I think he’s a real talent
I agree. His confidence in his own ability at this level shows and it is easy for him. With young players it is all about testing them above their comfort zone without smashing their confidence. In the first team this season I don't get the impression Osula struggle for confidence, it is just experience against some of the best defenders in the World.
If he can stay fit and maybe make 30-35 appearances next season he could get 20 goals with the right service.
With him, Arblaster, Peck, Marsh, Brooks we have a good future in the attacking third - as long as they keep progressing, which isn't always the case.

Osula’s been excellent. Marsh is starting to look a bit stronger. Young Dovydas very composed.

Sasnaukas is having a really nice game for United in the middle at the back. True Watford aren’t applying lots of pressure so it’s not a back against the wall defensive job but what he is doing is marshalling that back line well, sweeping for the other two and advancing with the ball into midfield occasionally trying longer passes. It’s a very composed outing from a young lad who’s clearly very comfortable on the ball.
Great minds and all that 👍

Back
Top Bottom