Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Sheffield Wednesday (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Imagine score with missing players?

Sekiri
Barrett
Freckleton
Buyabu
Boyes
Arblaster
Brooks
Peck
Macedo
Osula
Hackford
Jebbison
Never had it so good at this level since then 60's when we had a glut of youth players with some making it through ( Woody&Badger etc).
We got to Youth cup final when Maguire was coming through ! that squad didn't have the depth or quality this present squad has,most won't reach the level we want as is the case with youth players.
Will be interesting who does I have my favourites to come through ! Marshy does it for me he has all the tools maybe lacks a bit of pace ! technic and the ability to take the ball on the half turn make him my standout,there are others who have plenty to offer.

Arblaster and Brooks, particularly Brooks have a long way to go until we can be singing their praises from the rafters. Arblaster has been good, but not great so far, even then his good parts mainly stand out because of the inadequacies and failures of his team mates. Surrounded by better players we'll see what he's made of. I haven't seen anything from Brooks yet to convince me that he's going to be a regular for the first team next season yet, other than through lack of depth in the team/squad. They've done well to get caught up but as much of that was through desperation as the rest of the squad have been utter garbage. That's not me putting down either player, but more trying to stay grounded and not get carried away.

Read some of the posts from pre-season to see how easily carried away some of our fans get. Osula failed to score in pre-season and yet many were saying he'd go on to play regularly this season and would bag 9-10 goals. Some were saying that Marsh and Neal should be in the team this season. It's laughable how ott some people can get over youth players.
Realist …….or Negative Norman🤔

Arblaster and Brooks, particularly Brooks have a long way to go until we can be singing their praises from the rafters. Arblaster has been good, but not great so far, even then his good parts mainly stand out because of the inadequacies and failures of his team mates. Surrounded by better players we'll see what he's made of. I haven't seen anything from Brooks yet to convince me that he's going to be a regular for the first team next season yet, other than through lack of depth in the team/squad. They've done well to get caught up but as much of that was through desperation as the rest of the squad have been utter garbage. That's not me putting down either player, but more trying to stay grounded and not get carried away.
You could apply this to every single player we have if we are basing it purely on this season, which you are.

Agree on not getting carried and there being a balance between the two. But looking competent and not really doing a lot wrong in this side, this season, is a pretty big tick, given how shit we have been, the difficulty of the league and it being their first tastes of men’s football.

You’d have been hard-pressed to have found a worse set of circumstances for them to come into the side.

You could apply this to every single player we have if we are basing it purely on this season, which you are.

Agree on not getting carried and there being a balance between the two. But looking competent and not really doing a lot wrong in this side, this season, is a pretty big tick, given how shit we have been, the difficulty of the league and it being their first tastes of men’s football.

You’d have been hard-pressed to have found a worse set of circumstances for them to come into the side.
I agree, they've done well given the scenario they've faced. That's why I'm saving judgement until next season where you should see different circumstances and hopefully them at their best as they continue to learn and develop.

Realist and honest. Sometimes being honest involves saying things aren't that good when they're not. I've seen our fans get carried away many a time over the years where young players they've over-hyped have amounted to nothing. Arblaster does seem different to the rest. He's got a good football brain for someone so inexperienced and young.

Former players Finley Potter and Harrison Neal both joined clubs and got relegated from league one this year. Both were talked up. Potter hardly played the same with Harry Boyes who couldn't get in the relegated Fleetwood side.

Hackford is struggling to get much time with Burton who are swearing on Cheltenham not winning today!

The difference level is vast. Players who can look decent at that level as found wanting in the mens

Back
Top Bottom