Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Cardiff City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
ICYMI
The next Academy game is tomorrow, Tuesday 23 August, v Cardiff City at home, home being the York City Stadium. And, somewhat unusually, that's going to be a 12 noon kick off.

Following comments on earlier threads, I said I'd do a quick public transport guide ready reckoner.

If you are put off by the game being in York, that seems reasonable. But please DON'T be put off by the fact it's an out of town ground. It is very easy to get to by public transport. That is because it is built on an out of town complex, rather than in an isolated middle of nowhere.

Shops, cinema, leisure complex, bowling alley, park n ride, transport hub and the SUFC Academy U21 home ground.

Because of that, the best way I can describe it is - buses run from anywhere & everywhere in York centre to the transport hub at Monks Cross, and they're very frequent. It can be a ballache as the bus laps the city centre picking punters up. But, once it's on the way, it pootles along nicely. It's not one of those buses that endlessly circles remote housing estate. It gets out of town & zooms to Monks Cross with barely a stop. Don't be put off.

Bus No 9
(Unhelpfully the current timetable is only until this coming Friday)
Every 12 minutes (good frequency that, it doesn't matter if you miss one, not long to wait for the next one)
The bus runs from right across the street from the rail station and is timetabled at just 21 minutes to get to Monks Cross Park n Ride (the bus does then carry on a loop through the Monks Cross complex, but the Park n Ride, the first stop as you pull into the complex, is the best stop for the stadium)
There are many other places you can get on the 9 in York centre. Use Google Maps or similar.
It's £2.60 single or £3.50 day return.

Return frequency is very good until 1945pm (good enough for 5pm kick offs)

Ask me owt....

Phwoar - looks a strong line-up for an U21 game that. Hope Cardiff haven’t just brought the kids.

Edit: also, love a trialist. Looking forward to the outrageous speculation about who it is.
Nelson, Colwill and Whyte in Cardiff 11

1-0 down after 51 minutes.....no clues as to who the Trialist is yet.....

Ripped apart by Gavin Whyte by the looks of it… full Northern Ireland international with bags of experience, sooo possibly too much for our young lads.

Certainly not put off with it being out of town but I still can't get my head around why it's in York? It's just bizarre. Certainly rules me out of getting to any of them in the week and I suspect many others who go to the odd one or two.

Complete stab in the dark would be Matteo Ritaccio but it’s very hard to tell. Just going off him maybe being surplus on Merseyside

Complete stab in the dark would be Matteo Ritaccio but it’s very hard to tell. Just going off him maybe being surplus on Merseyside

Good shout, might be him you know...I'm sure Klopp will be suggesting a straight swap for Sander....

Back
Top Bottom