Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Blackburn Rovers (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think Darren Smith comments on this subject on Blades ramble!
The interview is on Blades ramble! I think later today

Two promotions to Prem, parachute payments, massive season ticket sales, near full houses, up 36million on transfers in last year and we're still skint. Bring back Dick Wragg. Something doesn't add up, and please don't come out with the usual that it costs a lot to run a football club.
I won’t come out with anything, the finances don’t make sense to me also but I’m clueless when it comes to it tbh so keep out of it. Still if we get up again instead of blowing money on utter shite signings buy land instead and build a new training base is what I’d be happy with.

I won’t come out with anything, the finances don’t make sense to me also but I’m clueless when it comes to it tbh so keep out of it. Still if we get up again instead of blowing money on utter shite signings buy land instead and build a new training base is what I’d be happy with.
Did Norwich do this by any chance? Noticed their last few promotions they've spent fuck all.

Don't disagree. I have mixed feelings about category 1. Brentford ditched this and went for moneyball instead.
Brentford never had a Cat 1 Academy.
Indeed, they've had to restart their Academy at Cat 3 under new rules that "you have to have an Academy"

I would say we are a long way off, like years from being Cat 1. We’d have to find land and build a new academy and once up and running in a new venue it is still a long and hard process to get Cat 1. Won’t be happening anytime soon unless things have changed in the infrastructure and facilities needed for cat 1.

I honestly wish if we get promoted again we sacrifice any funds for transfers and pump it all into buying land and build a new training ground/academy

We sacrificed any funds for transfers this season, and all we have to show for it is some scaffolding outside the Copthorne.

We sacrificed any funds for transfers this season, and all we have to show for it is some scaffolding outside the Copthorne.
Spent over £35 million this season on players and that’s not even taking into account Archers fee as they have to buy him back don’t they, your touching £55 million spent in total with Archer… all that money and not one of them is upto Premier League standard… would have been better off putting it into land and start building a complex that will be our training base for the next 100 years imo

Not officially, Prince said it in one of the Vlogs. Blades Ramble I think?
My recollection is that PA said on Blades Ramble that he has asked Bettis to provide an update to the supporters in January regarding infrastructure, including the academy and Cat 1. Obviously this hasn't happened yet as I suspect Bettis has been busy with the transfer window. We'll have to wait and see regarding Cat 1 but it's all about timescale.

Spent over £35 million this season on players and that’s not even taking into account Archers fee as they have to buy him back don’t they, your touching £55 million spent in total with Archer… all that money and not one of them is upto Premier League standard… would have been better off putting it into land and start building a complex that will be our training base for the next 100 years imo
We sold Ndiaye and Berge for something like £25m - £30m combined. So the net spend on transfers is almost nil.

Prince will be rinsing us dry on the quiet don’t be surprised if we end up like Oysten at Blackpool

I'd be astonished, but pleasantly surprised, if there were any moves towards a Cat 1 Academy in the coming years.

We sold Ndiaye and Berge for something like £25m - £30m combined. So the net spend on transfers is almost nil.
That’s not the point we are talking about though is it, you said we sacrificed any funds for transfers this season which is not the case, we would have kept the Berge, Ndiaye fees and not spent anything if that was the case. With Archer it’s around £55 million spent. Regardless where the money came from, transfers out, owner, premier league windfall, £55 million was spent for transfers. So it was a fairly big out going fund.

But anyway back to my original point, instead of blowing all that money on players not upto the job we should invest it into a new training base imo. We are going to have to do it at some point in the coming years unless we get a billionaire owner which looks like it will never happen so may aswell stick funds in now if we get promotion again and start building for the future.

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United U21 2️⃣
🆚 Blackburn Rovers 3️⃣
⚔️ SUFC Game 4️⃣6️⃣
⚽ Bruv. There. Are. No. Ballboys.
🟨 Booked for time wasting - when we're LOSING
🍺 Fifteenth Brampton
📋 My Football & Beer Blog
📖 Read here 👇

He also once said that he wouldn’t just sell to anyone and that he does due diligence on prospective buyers 🤣
Sticking up for Princey on this one, he hasn't sold us to anyone and he's scammed a clear scammer out of £millions. I don't mind him entertaining selling to charlatans if it means we can rinse them of some cash first.

Sticking up for Princey on this one, he hasn't sold us to anyone and he's scammed a clear scammer out of £millions. I don't mind him entertaining selling to charlatans if it means we can rinse them of some cash first.

I imagine he got the proceeds of any lost deposit, not the club. And we went months and months evidently rudderless whilst they were faffing about deciding what people on S2 figured out in hours. That Dozy was a complete chuff.

Should be in our accounts when available then?

My guess is that the deposit and keeping of it was an unexpected by-product of trying to sell to Dozy. Certainly didn’t seem planned at the time.

My recollection is that PA said on Blades Ramble that he has asked Bettis to provide an update to the supporters in January regarding infrastructure, including the academy and Cat 1. Obviously this hasn't happened yet as I suspect Bettis has been busy with the transfer window. We'll have to wait and see regarding Cat 1 but it's all about timescale.
Given the Prince's previous statements linked to timescales and selling the club within 6 weeks, we can probably expect an announcement in January 2028.

Back
Top Bottom