Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U18 v Tottenham Hotspur

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ball_Sup (Phil)

Reaction score
I'm giving a VERY early Heads Up that our U18s are playing the Semi Final of the U18 Premier League Cup this coming Saturday 11 March at Shirecliffe. Kick off 11:30am on the morning of the Championship game v Luton Town at The Lane at 3pm.

This is the tournament where Category 2 Academies (us) can mix it with the Category 1 Big Boys. Our U18s have already beaten Leeds, Brighton and Fulham in this campaign. A win against Spurs would see us play Charlton or Villa in the Final.

Why not double header the day & get down to Shirecliffe to give the Young 'Uns a shout...

I'm giving this a "get your diaries sorted out & get down to Shirecliffe tomorrow afts" bump

Sadly a 2pm midweek rules me out.

A 7pm at BL would've made much more sense...

Do any of the established pros stick around to watch any of the kids games or are they off home asap? Would have thought for some coming to the end of a playing career and going into coaching it's worth keeping a eye on the next generation

Do any of the established pros stick around to watch any of the kids games or are they off home asap? Would have thought for some coming to the end of a playing career and going into coaching it's worth keeping a eye on the next generation
I wouldn't have thought there were many times where that was actually feasible, the u18s games tend to be around 11am on Saturdays so even if the 18s & 1st team were both at home, the 1st team squad would be at or travelling to the Lane.

U23s games are normally midweek, but home games are mostly at York or the Lane, so not really a case of just sticking around after training to watch them.

Tomorrow the 1st team will likely be travelling up to Sunderland straight after training, they could stick around and watch the 18s, but I'd be surprised if they did as that would probably push the travel time back into rush hour and I'd guess they would try to minimise time sat on a coach as much as possible.

I wonder if we’ll see our old friends Will Lanskshear?

For what our Academy has produced it would be nice for us to be able to get some silverware.

I wonder if we’ll see our old friends Will Lanskshear?

For what our Academy has produced it would be nice for us to be able to get some silverware.
Out for the season with a knee injury which is a real shame for him as he'd picked up for them where he left off for us.

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United U18 0️⃣
🆚 Tottenham Hotspur 1️⃣
⚽ SUFC 2022/23 Game 5️⃣2️⃣
👮 The Piss Police
🌨️ Four Blizzards
👊 but only Two Mass Pile Ins
⚽ He's gone 3-2-2-2-1
🎫 Wristband on eBay
📋 My Football & Beer(less) Blog
📖 Read here 👇

Back
Top Bottom