Striker

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lane Ender

Reaction score
Two good signings in decent striker and I’ll be well chuffed

A top end championship striker, Henderson, Egan and McGoldrick. That would indeed be a good transfer window.

I would however still like us to try and cover what Brooks brought to the team, some youthful arrogance and flair. There must be a few young PL players looking for a loan that wouldn't break the bank?

Not really sure what extra we will get from Henderson or Egan to be honest.

A top end championship striker, Henderson, Egan and McGoldrick. That would indeed be a good transfer window.

I would however still like us to try and cover what Brooks brought to the team, some youthful arrogance and flair. There must be a few young PL players looking for a loan that wouldn't break the bank?

Agreed, I liked Brooks but really that's all he brought, he was something we haven't had in a long time. We need another player like him

Good luck finding a Brooks replacement. Brooks was the best Brooks around.

Good luck finding a Brooks replacement. Brooks was the best Brooks around.
I'm sure there are plenty of DBs in the prem that need loaning out for game time and I mean loads. Probably ones that are more consistent as well.

Loved DB but he was so hot and cold. Having said that I really do hope he makes it big time with a big prem club.

Bring in Woodburn on loan and a decent striker and we'll hail this as possibly the best window ever. Well, maybe, the January one where we bought Fathi was equally as sensational :rolleyes:

I reckon we will see Waghorn, Gallagher (loan), Woodburn or Palmer (loan), and another surprise loan.

That would be a 5* transfer window.

Darren, the Twitter accountant loved and hated in equal measure (I like him, for the record!), is saying that CW is not interested in Waghorn at the price Ipswich want. Sounds like they want a fair bit more than £5m. Maybe we'll meet in the middle. Probably one which could go on.

Not really sure what extra we will get from Henderson or Egan to be honest.

How do you know? You haven't seen them play.

I think the general gist is that we were OK defensively last season and whilst these two should hopefully improve us further, they don't address the real improvement area which is pace and creativity going forwards.

Watch this space I guess but it does worry me that even with 2 new strikers up, the pace and creativity is still missing.

I think the general gist is that we were OK defensively last season and whilst these two should hopefully improve us further, they don't address the real improvement area which is pace and creativity going forwards.

Watch this space I guess but it does worry me that even with 2 new strikers up, the pace and creativity is still missing.

I reckon we could've done better defensively. The goalkeeper situation was a bit messy, highlighted by the switching between Blackman and Simon Moore. I know a few of those were injury/suspension-related, but I don't think we were ever properly settled 'til Blackman took over towards the end of the system. Meanwhile we were a little leaky goal-wise, particularly late on in games. Seems as though Egan could provide us with a bit of solidity in the centre. Stearman is good on the ball so it makes me wonder if he could compete at RCB a bit.

Harry Brook ain't too bad either, another young starlet that will be ripping Lancashire a new one tomorrow.

Neither was Harold Brook. Scored in the 7-3 thrashing of the pigs in the 50's.

Apparently they are looking for £10 million for Waghorn. A bit too much imo, instalments or no.

Ben Woodburn would be a good loanee if a little vertically challenged.

I reckon we could've done better defensively. The goalkeeper situation was a bit messy, highlighted by the switching between Blackman and Simon Moore. I know a few of those were injury/suspension-related, but I don't think we were ever properly settled 'til Blackman took over towards the end of the system. Meanwhile we were a little leaky goal-wise, particularly late on in games. Seems as though Egan could provide us with a bit of solidity in the centre. Stearman is good on the ball so it makes me wonder if he could compete at RCB a bit.
Yeah we could always have done better and we did lose a few points defensively but you couldn't say that was the main reason we didn't finish higher up.

I'm sure there are plenty of DBs in the prem that need loaning out for game time and I mean loads. Probably ones that are more consistent as well.

Loved DB but he was so hot and cold. Having said that I really do hope he makes it big time with a big prem club.
I sometimes watch the u21s/19s International games and I’ve thought to myself ‘fuck me, they can all do that’. I think the main thing with Brooks is that he’s shown he can do it in the adult game. There’s a lot of talented kids around though, all technically excellent.

Back
Top Bottom