Sticking my neck out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
Left it a little bit late in sacking Hecky

Problem having 2 games against Arsenal and Man U where we were unlikely to get anything from either, regardless of manager in charge. Sacking him after these games would look like a stupid decision, and its well known now that Wilder was unavailable until at least November the 9th, which coincided with the Wolves game.

After the Wolves game which was very lucky, and the Brighton game which, had they not had a man sent off we would have gone on to lose that game easily, that gave the owners a bit of a dilemma, sacking the manager after 4points from 6 looks a stupid decision, even if his preferred manager was available at this point.

The issue for me is, this allowed Hecky to remainin charge for probably the two biggest key games of the season, Burnley and Bournemouth who at the time were just as bad as we were.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say Wilder would have won both those games, if he was in charge and we'd likely be out of the relegation zone right now. I don't necessarily blame the owner for this because sacking Hecky after the Wolves game would have been very harsh.

Its very much a case of look where you could have been!

That 9th Nov is a load of bull so I’ve been told. Think someone said it on here and it’s stuck as fact.

Back
Top Bottom